Burnley vs Newcastle United - Tuesday 2nd December 7:45pm K.O.

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Is Rob Elliot the worst keeper we've had in the Premier League era?

I've seen some shockers.  I don't remember Mike Hooper being all that great for instance and we had a goalie (I forget his name) who we got on emergency loan for a few games, because everyone else was injured.  He was old and so immobile he made Elliot look like prime Buffon.  Any others?

Guest Roger Kint

Elliott

Anita-Streete-Saylor-Dummett

Gouffran-Tiote-Bigi-Ameobi

Cisse-Perez

:lol: A realistic Pardew team of those fully fit. Thank god we let HBA, Marv, MYM go eh?

Guest Roger Kint

Elliott

Anita-Streete-Saylor-Dummett

Gouffran-Tiote-Bigi-Ameobi

Cisse-Perez

:lol: A realistic Pardew team of those fully fit. Thank god we let HBA, Marv, MYM go eh?

I think we will actually lose to Burnley with that.

We would probably lose to Bury with that tbf :lol:

A lot depends on who gets fit for the game.  If Janmaat and Williamson make it then all of a sudden with Anita in midfield we have what almost looks a Premier League team.  Without them we're struggling for mid table Championship quality in terms of combined player, team shape and tactical ability.

I've seen some shockers.  I don't remember Mike Hooper being all that great for instance and we had a goalie (I forget his name) who we got on emergency loan for a few games, because everyone else was injured.  He was old and so immobile he made Elliot look like prime Buffon.  Any others?

Don't think Blob is the worst. We have had Hooper, Karelse and an aging Tommy the barman. Definitely porkiest though.

Don't think Blob is the worst. We have had Hooper, Karelse and an aging Tommy the barman. Definitely porkiest though.

Totally forgot about Karelse  :lol:, he was so awful it doesn't warrant thinking about.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/content/thumbnails/00174/17337-zoom.jpg

Is Janmaat out?

----------s*** Keeper-------------

Dum - Saylor/Willo - Colo - Haidara

Gouffran - Anita - Tiote - Sammy

-----------Cabella----------------

-----------Perez------------------

Surely?

Edit: Willo, Janmaat and Haidara Struggling? WTF

I don't rate Elliot but he looks like Kate Moss compared to 1996 Mike Hooper. :lol:

Also, though Perez never got a look in here, he was a much better keeper than Elliot.

I don't rate Elliot but he looks like Kate Moss compared to 1996 Mike Hooper. :lol:

Also, though Perez never got a look in here, he was a much better keeper than Elliot.

Sooper Dooper Hooper vs The Blob - are you sure Hooper was porkier? Saw him once years ago in Durham - worked as a bouncer and looked very hard indeed.

Hooper was terrible.

His finest moment came against Spurs when saving a pen (Klinsmann perhaps?) with his legs as he dived the wrong way, then celebrated like he'd won the league.