Steve Taylor Never Got Boo'd

Crumpy Gunt

For a very similar mistake to that of Babayaro when he was dispossessed at the Gallowgate end while attempting to shepherd the ball out.

A mistake that could just as easily led to conceding a goal. In fact they got a useful shot on target if I remember correctly which Given had to work at to save.

Good old Stevie Taylor though - his shite must smell of roses!

boring. you have too much time.

he's right though, surely you can see that???

what i saw was taylor having a decent solid game, which he has most games. babayaro had another terrible game which happens often.

last night??

we watched different games

he won almost every header he had to and covered for ramage many times. if he wasnt there it would have been a hell of a lot worse.

Bollocks, Ramage and Solano got Taylor and babayaro out of the shit more times than enough.

Taylors little trick of pulling forwards down when they are running down the channels near the 18 yard line was in much evidence again last night anarl.

Rose tinted specs because he's a local lad and not a foreigner with a funny sounding name.

we will never agree on this. ive just checked on 2 sites which have given taylor 2 7's which to me represents a solid game.

that whole "local lads" thing is partly true, i'd love to see some of the "foreigners with a funny sounding names" try as hard as the local players over the years (with the exception of shola)

yes babayaro could give more effort but i'd rather babayaro as he is than ramage giving his all at left back.

Babayaro was awful at times but recovered a bit later on, even made a crucial clearance early in the 2nd half. Taylor was good in his all round play but made a few less prominent errors. however Taylor was constantly having to cover for Solano and was dragged out to the right on numerous occasions. babayaro didn't deserve to be booed, the fans who did that were dumb, but i don't think Taylor deserves special criticism just to try and balance out the attacks.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Zoggy was just as poor and was not boo'd, the booing of Baba was a disgrace and was never ever going to make him up his game, it very well could have cost us even more in the end.

n'zogbia has played far better than babayaro ever has or will for us. the booing of him was a build up of years of shit games, im suprised it has only happened once. even if the booing did effect his confidence, he couldnt have played any worse.

Funnily enough, N'Zogbia's normally at his best with Babayaro in the side.

n'zogbia is better with someone who can defend behind him so he can get forward. he doesnt get forward as much now because he has to help babayaro.

B*llocks. Last season our main strength was the link up play between those two.

he doesnt get forward as much NOW. n'zogbia has been pretty useless this season, and whatever babayaro had left last season, he's lost now.

How many games has baba played this season?! Dont think you can say that after he has played one game after returning from injurie.....

For a very similar mistake to that of Babayaro when he was dispossessed at the Gallowgate end while attempting to shepherd the ball out.

A mistake that could just as easily led to conceding a goal. In fact they got a useful shot on target if I remember correctly which Given had to work at to save.

boring. you have too much time.

he's right though, surely you can see that???

what i saw was taylor having a decent solid game, which he has most games. babayaro had another terrible game which happens often.

Mate I think you are a bit biased in your opinion...You like Tylor fair enough but to not see his mistakes is a big mistake on your behalf...He couldn't handle Doyle and got yellow carded and rightly so in a dangerous place which could have easily been another goal...

Tylor needs a bit of a wake up call as I think he started to look OVER confident and a bit of a show off this season..He looks like that youngest child in the family who has been spoiled by his parents and never gets told off for his cock ups...

Yeah, brilliant. I wish people booed Taylor more. That would be smashing.

None of our players should be booed...Either BOO the whole team at the end of the halves or don't boo at all...NEVER EVER MAKE ONE PLAYER A SCAPEGOAT TO BOO...

So you want people to boo our all youngsters for making mistakes? For christs sake even Rooney and Ronaldo have their bad games and make mistakes. Baba is what...27? 28? He shouldn't be making schoolboy errors, if he plays absolutely rubbish he deserves to be booed, but not a developing 20 year old.

Guest Ridzuan

Of course in any football match,it is not good to boo a player,especially from our own team.But the fans came and paid to watch the match and they have every right to do what they want,whether it is cheering or booing.I just hope that the boos doesnt affect Baba too much.Instead,I hope it will give him some encouragement to prove that he deserve to play for us and that he can play much much better than he did in the previous match.

never ever boo your own players - well, unless roeder decides to bring back marcelinho or maric  tongue.gif

as for saying that taylor isn't a better player than babayaro, imo that's the sign of pure ignorance....

Thread that shows true colours of some fans on here.

Keep'em coming, boys. Who else should be boo?

How do you show displeasure in a player not pulling his weight? I'm afraid booing is the only way to let the player/team know they have stolen their wages for that quality of performance.

Of course you can let them know that their performance was acceptable and sit with impunity.

A good post on online should suffice in letting off steam eh?

Some of our "fans" seem to want to find a scapegoat for every possible thing! Booing our own players is scraping the barrel. No player in a black and white shirt should be booed ever.  A lot of people sit there and moan and whinge and generally love being negative about everything - its likle a bloody counselling trip for them! However as soon as a glimmer of positiveness (if thats the right word!) appears they shut their negative pie holes and their support of the team is virtually non existent! GRRR.

Some of our "fans" seem to want to find a scapegoat for every possible thing! Booing our own players is scraping the barrel. No player in a black and white shirt should be booed ever. A lot of people sit there and moan and whinge and generally love being negative about everything - its likle a bloody counselling trip for them! However as soon as a glimmer of positiveness (if thats the right word!) appears they shut their negative pie holes and their support of the team is virtually non existent! GRRR.

You pay your money and you make your choice.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

The only situation where you should boo is when a player isnt doing his best or looking disinteresting. Baba was clearly trying to do his best but he just lacked match form/ability.

A very good point. Hate to say this but the sort of person who boos their own player, singles them out, is clearly not blessed with any form of intelligence. Which leads me to think that the colour of his skin may also have been a factor.

You do still hear racist comments at the match.

Guest Gemmill

You only need read some of the hero-worship for Taylor on here to realise that he's a favourite cos he's local.  I don't think the booing of Babayaro is anything to do with his colour though - I probably think he's as shite as some of those that are booing, I'm just not ignorant enough to boo.

A very good point. Hate to say this but the sort of person who boos their own player, singles them out, is clearly not blessed with any form of intelligence. Which leads me to think that the colour of his skin may also have been a factor.

Jesus wept.

Its more to do with the fact he's fuking wank. Doesn't give a shit, and chooses when he plays.

His skin colour has nothing to do with anything. If he were white, the boo's would still be the same, although we'd probably laugh at his afro.

anyone still think he's better than Bernard?

I think he probably is, aye.

I meant the old Bernard. Some people were happy to see the back of him and were saying that Babayaro is the better player out of those two, I seem to remember.

Jesus wept.

Its more to do with the fact he's fuking wank. Doesn't give a shit, and chooses when he plays.

His skin colour has nothing to do with anything. If he were white, the boo's would still be the same, although we'd probably laugh at his afro.

Have a read of the match report on .com.

Someone else thinks the same.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,33423.msg642286.html#msg642286