NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Might’ve seen you mate, I was in out in about 25 mins. Not too bad. 

Luckily I've already got everything (i mean everything) I wanted.

Just wanted to pop in and make sure I'd still fit into a small after eating two extra biscuits this morning.

Just been to club shop - small queue formed outside the door now. Stowed off inside. 

Lots of lads in Stack wearing it.
They seemed to have everything in stock from what I could gather.

This range is proving to be a big hit which is great but I'm not sure why it's so popular. 

It doesn't seem to relate to any specific period of the club, the retro shirt has a late 80s adidas aesthetic and the other stuff looks like early 90s stuff from the adidas EQT era (a year or two before adidas partnered with NUFC for the first time), but using the trefoil which was phased out by then. I'm a football kit nerd so that combination of trefoil badge and EQT design is just wrong for me.
And none of it seems to have any historical or nostalgia element for NUFC fans.

It seems I'm in the minority here tho.

1 minute ago, Harry 209 said:

Just been to club shop - small queue formed outside the door now. Stowed off inside. 

This range is proving to be a big hit which is great but I'm not sure why it's so popular. 

It doesn't seem to relate to any specific period of the club, the retro shirt has a late 80s adidas aesthetic and the other stuff looks like early 90s stuff from the adidas EQT era (a year or two before adidas partnered with NUFC for the first time), but using the trefoil which was phased out by then. I'm a football kit nerd so that combination of trefoil badge and EQT design is just wrong for me.

people like the trefoil, and the stuff looks nice. I think that's the long and short of it

I think it’s more that it’s cool clothing that happens to be NUFC. 

And a slight echo of the 90s adidas training gear etc. 

I maintain it’s weird how little football clubs try to sell streetwear. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

Aye, it’s all very much too 90’s for me.

Growing up in a council estate east of Newcastle, it’s very much a design of what all the assholes in the estate would wear, before ‘loungewear’ became popular and acceptable to wear.

So the tracksuits don’t interest me at all. The shirt looks nice, but it’s not really a design the club had at any point, and I think they would have been better off just re-issuing the 96 tops, although I think they will actually do that further down the line.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, it’s all very much too 90’s for me.

Growing up in a council estate east of Newcastle, it’s very much a design of what all the assholes in the estate would wear, before ‘loungewear’ became popular and acceptable to wear.

So the tracksuits don’t interest me at all. The shirt looks nice, but it’s not really a design the club had at any point, and I think they would have been better off just re-issuing the 96 tops, although I think they will actually do that further down the line.

yes, that design just reminds me of scrufters in the 90s. 

2 minutes ago, Big River said:

direct correlation between people who don't like this collection and those who think these are acceptable to wear in public:

TM5146_CAVIARRASPBERRYSORBET_1.jpg?v=169

This is top tier.

2 minutes ago, Big River said:

direct correlation between people who don't like this collection and those who think these are acceptable to wear in public:

img_8970.jpg

to be fair thats right, I do like both those, especially the second one.

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

img_8970.jpg

didn’t we wear the top one away to Brighton? 

10 minutes ago, Big River said:

img_8970.jpg

what’s worse it’s people disliking one coz it’s castore and forcing themselves to like the adidas stuff just coz it’s adidas. The adidas stuff is nothing more than alright. A nod to the 90s but a weak nod at that 

I like both in fairness. I like my money more tho so not paying those ridiculous prices 

Edited by gdm

Just now, gdm said:

what’s worse it’s people disliking one coz it’s castore and forcing themselves to like the adidas stuff just coz it’s adidas. The adidas stuff is nothing more than alright. A nod to the 90s but a weak nod at that 

who is doing that like?

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I like both in fairness. I like my money more tho so not paying those ridiculous prices 

[emoji38]