NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

17 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure how legit this is, but if correct then I’d say nothing changes until the contract expires as it would make zero financial sense at present.

Ashley loved his 8 year contracts the wanker so could see this being true. No way will Fun88 agree a settlement, they've struck gold here if we can't cancel it

Edited by Pokerprince2004

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Ashley loved his 8 year contracts the wanker so could see this being true. Thought he'd learnt his lesson when he got his fingers burnt with Pardew

For a start the new deal didn't start in 2017/18 it started in 2020/21.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Regardless, binning off 20m for example might not be the worst thing if any new sponsor is worth vastly more.

IF we’re even allowed to buy the contract out. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Might as well just wait and see as nobody has a clue (and they never will) what the length of the contract actually is or what the contract details are. The two tweets today look to be very much fake. 

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It's not a question if you can, it's whether the penalty is worth it.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

It's not a question if you can, it's whether the penalty is worth it.

You know nothing. Not do I. It may well be that we simply cannot buy the contract out via the terms. Or it may well be deemed not financially worthwhile or beneficial, like you say. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You know nothing. Not do I. It may well be that we simply cannot buy the contract out via the terms. Or it may well be deemed not financially worthwhile or beneficial, like you say. 

I'm fairly certain that any modern commercial contract will have some buyout potential or some financial penalty for reneging on a deal. It will be in the contract. 

Does it not make sense to keep Fun88 for another year? We don’t need sponsorship to boost our finances to stay on the right side of FFP just yet. We can just plow money into transfers this year and then hopefully by the time our sponsorship is on the market next, our market value will have increased. 

Just now, Manxst said:

Ir it might be it's a rolling contract or we can buy it out if not. Think we all agree we're all just guessing. Find out soon either way and we can all discuss our new sponsors or whine like fuck it's still Fun88 (I know I certainly will be if it is, mind I'll save money though I suppose).

Just now, STM said:

I'm fairly certain that any modern commercial contract will have some buyout potential or some financial penalty for reneging on a deal. It will be in the contract. 

Let’s hope Charnley remembered to include that then, after he refilled the paddling pools.

22 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Does it not make sense to keep Fun88 for another year? We don’t need sponsorship to boost our finances to stay on the right side of FFP just yet. We can just plow money into transfers this year and then hopefully by the time our sponsorship is on the market next, our market value will have increased. 

This I what I was saying yesterday, we have no chance of getting big deal though the PL this season after finishing in the bottom half, where as if we have a good season next season and finished better ie top 8 we can justify a bigger deal to the PL 

8 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

This I what I was saying yesterday, we have no chance of getting big deal though the PL this season after finishing in the bottom half, where as if we have a good season next season and finished better ie top 8 we can justify a bigger deal to the PL 

If the option is available to immediately increase revenue by a substatial amount, then surely you will take it. You can then build into the contact increased payments regarding other things (i.e. higher league placing, European qualification). What happens if we don't have a good season next year, do you then wait until we do, whilst losing the increasd revenue? 

Edited by et tu brute

10 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I see his account is now protected, I wonder why :bluestar:.

It was a good try tbf

Decent enough photoshop, plus the claim about finding something in the very long code and assuming nobody would actually bother to check the code...

I don’t think that is a legit pic. As some of you’ve said, the watermark’s placed under the FUN88-logo and (in my eyes at least) the green is a different shade of green from the collar, arms and crest. Most likely BS in other words.

4 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

I don’t think that is a legit pic. As some of you’ve said, the watermark’s placed under the FUN88-logo and (in my eyes at least) the green is a different shade of green from the collar, arms and crest. Most likely BS in other words.

Although it's now protected, as Keegans Export said above, he had a line of code regarding the strip, which was missing from the actual code he linked to via the Castore site 

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Although it's now protected, as Keegans Export said above, he had a line of code regarding the strip, which was missing from the actual code he linked to via the Castore site 

Go figure. Even more likely to be bullshit then. On top of the pic being a badly done fake/mock-up. 😅

46 minutes ago, CFlan said:

It does - and it’s almost certainly the rationale behind keeping Fun88 - but there’s a cadre of fans who seem who have invested an awful lot of their being into being able to walk around with a different company’s name plastered across their gut.

Sponsorship should be at the very bottom of any list of concerns. The only measure is a financial one, and I trust those in charge to make the decision that makes the most sense.

9 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

You're right with the colours also, Fun88 logo is a different shade of green.

Edited by et tu brute

58 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Did he fuck, he ran a club with minimal spending so he could funnel money out of it by getting 3rd parties (which were his mates companies) to do everything that could be outsourced, as well as using it as a billboard for his brands.

The thing is, buyers like companies that have minimal outlays, but that’s just a coincidence in this scenario.

He only sold us because Rafa had just left, and Bruce was the only manger willing to work for him, and he was out of his depth and he knew sooner or later we would get relegated, and this time we would likely not return. He had to cash out when he did.

I still maintain that had the pandemic not had hit, then we would have been relegated sooner. After the lockdowns in the 1st season, a lot of teams came back not giving a fuck which allowed us to win points we normally wouldn’t.

The second season, he was massively helped by the fact that fans were not allowed in the stadium.

It is no coincidence that this season, which was the 1st normal season under Bruce, was the season where we were certainly going down.

Justin Barnes was brought in to sell the club and he was there whilst Benitez was still at the club.

Just to get this right, Ashley was afraid of relegation when Newcastle was on 35 points or more when the takeover was originally agreed in April 2020?

There was no threat of relegation at that point. Bruce, in Ashley's eyes, was doing a good job. Survival looked assured and he never criticised the ownership.

In any case, Ashley was never too concerned about the threat of relegation. Apart from one season, he lived with the real threat of relegation every season. Ashley was a typical gambler.

I daresay the 10,000  free season tickets played a part but more than that I think he wanted to use money from a Newcastle sale to buy more failing high street brands.

Just now, christ said:

It does - and it’s almost certainly the rationale behind keeping Fun88 - but there’s a cadre of fans who seem who have invested an awful lot of their being into being able to walk around with a different company’s name plastered across their gut.

Sponsorship should be at the very bottom of any list of concerns. The only measure is a financial one, and I trust those in charge to make the decision that makes the most sense.

From my perspective it’s not that much of a concern who’s the sponsor or not. What I do feel though - from a marketing and brand-building perspective - is that there are probably about 4-5 000 better brands to be affiliated with than a betting firm. It would be a stupendously easy win for the new owners to get in a ‘good and pleasant’ brand as shirt sponsors. After all, PIF have invested in a shitload of different companies. I would not bet against a clean-tech company of some kind - someone mentioned Lucid Motors which is a good shout. 

Just now, clintdempsey said:

From my perspective it’s not that much of a concern who’s the sponsor or not. What I do feel though - from a marketing and brand-building perspective - is that there are probably about 4-5 000 better brands to be affiliated with than a betting firm. It would be a stupendously easy win for the new owners to get in a ‘good and pleasant’ brand as shirt sponsors. After all, PIF have invested in a shitload of different companies. I would not bet against a clean-tech company of some kind - someone mentioned Lucid Motors which is a good shout. 

You might have missed this mate, but we’re owned by Saudi Arabia. A ‘good and pleasant’ brand isn’t going to make much of a difference.

I don’t understand the desire to do damage to the club’s finances just to change sponsor when it’s going to happen very, very soon regardless. Relax. It’s just a poxy logo. 

7 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I daresay the 10,000  free season tickets played a part

Thing is though the actual average was 46,000 up to the point when HE decided to do this and we still had (before Covid) Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool to play. The average would have been roughly the same for the full season.

6 minutes ago, christ said:

You might have missed this mate, but we’re owned by Saudi Arabia. A ‘good and pleasant’ brand isn’t going to make much of a difference.

I don’t understand the desire to do damage to the club’s finances just to change sponsor when it’s going to happen very, very soon regardless. Relax. It’s just a poxy logo. 

Wow, condescending much? As I said, I really don’t give a crap who the sponsors are. Scratch the surface enough of 99.9% of the Fortune 500 companies and there’s bound to be dirt somewhere (and in a lot of cases Saudi dirt at that). But again, from a brand-building perspective they’d surely want a nice brand attached to the kit. There are shitloads of gullible people out there after all.