The Chronicle's recent reporting

Noodles

A thousand apologies if a thread already exists but I was wondering whether or not anyone else has become sick to the back teeth of their recent Quisling-esque reporting style.

There seems to be a united campaign to get Charver the f***ing job and with articles like this

"John Carver cuts a lonely and isolated figure on the sideline at the moment. The best that can be said last night is that he at least tried to conjure more from a squad that has been cut to the bone and left unfit for the purpose of competing at this level.

He made some tactical changes, got a reaction of sorts and was incredibly unlucky with a penalty call that seemed inexplicable. He then suffered the indignity of seeing Moussa Sissoko, a man whom he had defended as justifiable captaincy material in the build-up to this game, see red in the second half for two moments of pure indiscipline"

trying to absolve him of the blame for last night's toothless performance, it's all getting too much to take.

Have they sold their arses for re-admittance to the press box? I think so.............

They haven't been to forthcoming with support for the latest campaign either - it's all come a long way from the days of "P45DUE" and other attention grabbing articles. Much like a Game of Thrones, these fuckers would do well to keep in mind "the north remembers".

A thousand apologies if a thread already exists but I was wondering whether or not anyone else has become sick to the back teeth of their recent Quisling-esque reporting style.

There seems to be a united campaign to get Charver the f***ing job and with articles like this

"John Carver cuts a lonely and isolated figure on the sideline at the moment. The best that can be said last night is that he at least tried to conjure more from a squad that has been cut to the bone and left unfit for the purpose of competing at this level.

He made some tactical changes, got a reaction of sorts and was incredibly unlucky with a penalty call that seemed inexplicable. He then suffered the indignity of seeing Moussa Sissoko, a man whom he had defended as justifiable captaincy material in the build-up to this game, see red in the second half for two moments of pure indiscipline"

trying to absolve him of the blame for last night's toothless performance, it's all getting too much to take.

Have they sold their arses for re-admittance to the press box? I think so.............

They haven't been to forthcoming with support for the latest campaign either - it's all come a long way from the days of "P45DUE" and other attention grabbing articles. Much like a Game of Thrones, these f***ers would do well to keep in mind "the north remembers".

Been like this ever since they got their ban lifted. Ryder is the worst by far - he's absolutely terrified of not being able to get in for free, to lose part of his 'platform'. This is because he thinks his opinions matter, but he's an absolutely terrible journalist.

It's absolutely spineless from them. Every article they write which glosses over the clubs current failings might as well be them spitting in their readers faces. They could galvanise a grassroots movement like Ashley Out - instead, they'll seek to marginalise it by limiting it's column inches. Disgraceful.

It's a good thing they handle criticism well and don't get defensive when someone rumbles them on their agenda.

Very true. Mark Douglas in particular gets his arse out when he's called out on his pro-Carver bullshit.

'da f*** is the point criticising Carver, anyway??

At this stage, with the spursboycott, attention should be kept truly and firmly on the regime.

In my view critiquing Carvers management goes hand in hand with discussing how poorly the club is being run. The two are mutually related.

Last night they resorted to making stories out of Neville and Carragher's comments on Sky Sports. Hard to understand why they're up Ashleys arse so much when they get nothing back in return in the way of player access for interviews and exclusives

What was more interesting for me, was that last week Mark Douglas was off Monday - Wednesday or something - and during that time not once was the BoycottSpurs campaign mentioned, despite it blowing up massively over social media. Lee Ryder is so far up the clubs backside it's ridiculous.

I do understand it's difficult for local newspapers, especially ones that live and die off their sports coverage. But I feel that unless they come out and actively back the AshleyOut campaign that they might well be on a collision course with the fans.

It's absolutely spineless from them. Every article they write which glosses over the clubs current failings might as well be them spitting in their readers faces. They could galvanise a grassroots movement like Ashley Out - instead, they'll seek to marginalise it by limiting it's column inches. Disgraceful.

Absolutely disgraceful. The irony being that those useless bastards will benefit massively from a new owner due to access restrictions being lifted and people wanting to read about their club again.

Shocking pack of spineless twats. No integrity whatsoever.

Just think how many more papers they'd sell if they represented the views of the masses rather than toe-ing the party line to avoid a club ban.  Fucking sickening cowardice from what should be one of the biggest fan mouthpieces in the area.

Take the ban, print what you think is right and become the poster boys for the protest against our horrific regime rather than being controlled by it you fucking pussies.

I don't get their strategy on this at all TBH, it doesn't make sense on any level. Real reporting would sell more papers, would build their individual careers, would get them more respect, everything.

They trade representing the public and printing what's really happening for meaningless quotes that they could find out from elsewhere anyway.

I don't get their strategy on this at all TBH, it doesn't make sense on any level. Real reporting would sell more papers, would build their individual careers, would get them more respect, everything.

They trade representing the public and printing what's really happening for meaningless quotes that they could find out from elsewhere anyway.

I remember when the Chronicle used to be a decent read that people looked to for club news etc. (The Pink is sadly missed).

Nowadays the staccato remedial ramblings of Ryder are neither informative nor incisive.

No place for cack like this in todays world IMO

Guest Roger Kint

Ryders latest article begging us to feel sorry for Sissoko is pretty bad even for him. Must be hell for him being allowed to not give a fuck for £40k a week until a big club rescues him. Poor thing!

Guest YonderStar

See how much coverage they give the boycott, too much and they could find themselves banned from the stadium again hopefully.

"We support the right of fans to stage a peaceful boycott. We understand those who feel the only way to make their feelings known is to stay away... However, we also support the fans who believe their role is to support the team on the field, especially with the spectre of relegation not entirely banished."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-boycott-chronicles-editor-in-chief-9051418

I really think that Editor has missed the point about journalism. You still have to make some editorial judgement, you can't treat blatant rubbish like 'club mentions potential future spending' with the same importance that you give to the disintegration of our entire identity. That's not balance.