England: Thomas Tuchel signs 18 month contract with England from Jan 1 2025 (Official)

Nobody

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I like it purely because it's not Howe and on that basis I love it tbh, greatest appointment ever. Beyond that I don't think it's a good appointment at all tbh. Even when Tuchel's successful and not falling out with people, he has a very clear use by date of 1 year. Weirdly I think it's also a bad appointment for him, an international appointment should be beneath him unless he's looking for something a bit more laid back. 

Stretch it to 18 months or so and that's all we need to win the World Cup. A short term appointment makes sense if the idea is to get the best we possibly can before the next tournament. 

Just watched his press conference. He was asked 3-4 times if he thinks the England manager should be English and also if he will sing the national anthem (even by the reporter for a German outlet). FML.

He says he wants to put a second star on our shirt and one of the wankers, in a sarcastic tone just goes “good luck” then tries to cover it up. 

Edited by Joelinton7

1 hour ago, NUFC91 said:

Very good appointment imo, some of these pundits talking fluent shit, if Howe and Potter potentially didn't want it then who do they expect to take it.

Steve Bruce. He's English. 

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Just watched his press conference. He was asked 3-4 times if he thinks the England manager should be English and also if he will sing the national anthem (even by the reporter for a German outlet). FML.

He says he wants to put a second star on our shirt and one of the wankers, in a sarcastic tone just goes “good luck” then tries to cover it up. 

:lol: Imagine having a conversation with a German about nationalism and being the one that sounded mental.

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

I'm not really sure I buy the idea that the likes of Pep and Klopp and Howe are the right fit for international management. 

Their success is all about imprinting their philosophy relentlessly on the training ground so I'm not sure how they're going to do that in international management when they'll only see the players for a few days every couple of months 

I see it like this; international managers need to have a very clear philosophy as in a clear structure they can establish quickly, rather than rely on man-management and the qualities you gain by working with the players on a regular basis.

Edited by Collage

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Imagine having a conversation with a German about nationalism and being the one that sounded mental.

I present to you exhibit A, the British media.

2 hours ago, Wullie said:

On the contrary, I think if the boot were on the other foot, the German FA would hire the manager of Hansa Rostock u13s before they would dream of hiring an Englishman (or any other nationality other than German). They would find it quite the humiliation to have to look outside of Germany.

I get your point, and yes we don’t exactly have a talented crop of English options available.

However if we want the possibility of quick success with an appointment like Tuchel then it’s important to drop the ego and make the best choice for the side, regardless of his nationality.

The majority of English coaches are seemingly thick as pig shit, along with a majority of english players. People have been crying in the press for decades now about how English coaches are never considered, but Steve Bruce is still getting new jobs. 

Tuchel is a pretty major upgrade on Southgate. 

Edited by Weezertron