England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Both Bruno Alves and Pepe are truly violent players. They have the FC Porto modus operandi well programmed in their minds. Alves used to get away with this type of challenge all the time in the portuguese league.

Disgusting.

His record is like 1 in 2 for the past 5 year or something. Shite or something though because someone said sometime.

So he's about as effective as Peter crouch. 1 in 2 should be the minimum for a striker up front for England, given how many piss easy games we play.

f*** JOTENKO!!!

Nah we were totally s**** like.

Why the swearing? One can only imagine what your mother would say if she knew you were behaving like that on the Internet.

:lol:

His record is like 1 in 2 for the past 5 year or something. Shite or something though because someone said sometime.

So he's about as effective as Peter crouch. 1 in 2 should be the minimum for a striker up front for England, given how many piss easy games we play.

But Peter Crouch did well for us. Not sure what your point is like?

f*** JOTENKO!!!

Why the swearing? One can only imagine what your mother would say if she knew you were behaving like that on the Internet.

Shots fired

'The Portugal back four that started tonight's game were 30, 38, 34 and 32 years old. Yet Roy Hodgson, an international football manager, didn't have the foresight or the gumption to give Jamie Vardy license to run at them and their old legs. I give up'

:frantic: that true

If it was that easy then of course he would have. You speak about a lack of gameplan, but the one you suggest is 'give the ball to Jame Vardy so he can try and run past their defence'. Not exactly going to get Jose Mourinho quaking in his boots that one.

f*** JOTENKO!!!

She'd have the swear filter off, for one!

Lol. Good!

Aguero's record is shite for Man City given the amount of easy games they play. It's total bollocks, Rooney has been one of our better players for the past half decade despite the fact we've been shite. Replacing him doesn't solve the problem.

His record going back 5 years is completely irrelevant to how shit he is now.

http://i.imgur.com/8j336Sc.png

We should probably shoot him.

Aye but San Marino won't be in the knockout phases.

Seriously though, he's gassed man. Definitely has no place up front (Kane and Vardy comprehensively piss all over him) and in midfield he's gassed. Doesn't track those five yards around him and his inability/unwillingness to run means he's spraying 60 yard Hollywood passes from deep with diminishing returns. He's got good technique but he's not Scholes no matter how much he wants to be.

Seriously though, we do well as a team in the qualifiers. We do shit in the actual cup. The point is it's not Wayne Rooney's selection that's the problem.

Given he's/we've been shite in every tournament since 2004 maybe there is a link.

http://i.imgur.com/8j336Sc.png

We should probably shoot him.

Aye but San Marino won't be in the knockout phases.

Seriously though, he's gassed man. Definitely has no place up front (Kane and Vardy comprehensively piss all over him) and in midfield he's gassed. Doesn't track those five yards around him and his inability/unwillingness to run means he's spraying 60 yard Hollywood passes from deep with diminishing returns. He's got good technique but he's not Scholes no matter how much he wants to be.

I'd start Kane and Vardy but I don't know how well it'll work, same as I wanted a Liverpool core in the World Cup but that failed. Rooney, regardless of opposition, has done well for us though despite the criticism.

Guest neesy111

Rooney simply isn't a tournament player, other countries with far stronger managers would had dropped him at least to the bench.

Seriously though, we do well as a team in the qualifiers. We do shit in the actual cup. The point is it's not Wayne Rooney's selection that's the problem.

Given he's/we've been shite in every tournament since 2004 maybe there is a link.

Aye, maybe our top scorer was the problem :thup:

Rooney simply isn't a tournament player, other countries with far stronger managers would had dropped him at least to the bench.

None of them are. We're shit as a team in tournaments. The fact we look back at player like Hargreaves as our best performers shows that.

I like Rooney and I don't want to get on his back given his record in an England shirt, but I think we look a far more cohesive without him in the side.

There are simply better players out there at this moment that compliment one another in a team that looks full of attacking promise and intent. He's not a midfielder and he's not as threatening up front as either Kane or Vardy.

A large part of why we're shit as a team is shoe-horning the favourites into the side instead of simply building something based on playing as many in-form players in as many natural positions as possible. We get away with it against the wank teams.

To accomodate Rooney tonight we had our two best goalscorers miles out wide and our most exciting attacking talent stuck much deeper than he should be. So for one player, three others suffer.