England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Aye although i think Shelvey would be an asset to England, he hasn't really done enough to earn a call up.  Not that i'm saying the others have mind as i haven't seen enough of them and i do think Southgate is crap.  Shelvey comes with baggage so he's gona have to do a hell of a lot more to force a call up.  I want to see more goals for a start, someone of his ability should be getting close to 10 goals a season IMO, and probably more assists aswell but that might prove difficult considering how shit our strikers are.  Oh yeah and cutting out the petulant red cards might help his cause aswell. 

Hope we batter you guys on Tuesday so Southgate wakes up. Really want England to do well next year.

A battering from a mediocre Brazil side won't do anything especially as we'll have a  virtual 3rd choice line-up

Mediocre? Or best team in the world right now?

He's a regular in the Under 21s though and as with the others, all helps give them the experience for when in 2-3 years time they are there on merit, they know what it's all about.

He only made his debut for the under 21s about 2 months ago so not that much of a regular

Pretty certain Venables included Rio Ferdinand in the pre-Euro 1996 squad even though he'd just made his West Ham debut a few months earlier so that he could get a taste of it. Much better than picking players we've seen over and over again who won't go to the World Cup anyway.

There's no outrage if yous read like, it's utter bewilderment of his selections. 3 defensive midfielders, 2 of which are completely pointless, and then calling up Lewis Cook for no reason at all.

He's 'trying something different' though so it's sound. Jake Livermore is the future.

?

Hope we batter you guys on Tuesday so Southgate wakes up. Really want England to do well next year.

A battering from a mediocre Brazil side won't do anything especially as we'll have a  virtual 3rd choice line-up

We've just played the best team in the world, yes.

There's no outrage if yous read like, it's utter bewilderment of his selections. 3 defensive midfielders, 2 of which are completely pointless, and then calling up Lewis Cook for no reason at all.

He's 'trying something different' though so it's sound. Jake Livermore is the future.

Jake Livermore is 27? ???

We've just played the best team in the world, yes.

There's three of them who have been dominant on the international stage since 2016. Germany, Brazil and Spain. They're above everyone else at the moment and I say this despite Germany not having really played anyone of note except France in the Euros where they lost. While Spain have beaten Italy, Belgium and France convincingly and Brazil demolished everyone in the qualifiers after Tite took over.

At the moment I'd probably rank Spain as the best team, followed by Brazil and then Germany in third.