Patrik Carlgren wins Sweden the European Under-21 Championship 2015

joeyt

Starts today in Czech Republic, with the first game Czech Republic vs Denmark at 5pm and then Germany vs Serbia at 7:45pm. All games live on BT Sport

Group A:

Czech Republic

Germany

Denmark

Serbia

Group B:

England

Italy

Portugal

Sweden

Guardian's 6 players to watch (including FM legend Kadlec) http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/17/european-under-21-championship-six-players

England's squad

Goalkeepers

Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City)

Defenders

Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Carl Jenkinson (Arsenal, on loan at West Ham United), Michael Keane (Burnley), Liam Moore (Leicester City), John Stones (Everton), Matt Targett (Southampton)

Midfielders

Tom Carroll (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Will Hughes (Derby County), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards

Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Ings (Liverpool),

England lacking in centre midfield but look good everywhere else

Whaaaaat?!

Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Ward Prowse and Will Hughes are good players man!

Ward-Prowse is good. Will Hughes isn't a centre midfielder is he? More attacking I thought? Don't watch the Championship so don't know much about the other two. The rest of the positions they have good premier league players so I would say central midfield is weak compared to the rest of the team 

Chalobah and Loftus Cheek are so talented. Both more holding types though, so I assume either Ward Prowse or Will Hughes would then play off the front man, if they choose to line up that way?

Really like the midfield tbh.

Loftus Cheek has only played a few times for Chelsea, how could you possibly have seen him play that much?

I've seen him a couple of times for Chelsea towards the end of last season. Looked so classy man. Wasn't insinuating I had seen him loads. All I said was that he was talented.

Loftus Cheek has only played a few times for Chelsea, how could you possibly have seen him play that much?

I've seen him a couple of times for Chelsea towards the end of last season. Looked so classy man. Wasn't insinuating I had seen him loads. All I said was that he was talented.

Fair enough, still don't think it's a great midfield though

Fair enough, still don't think it's a great midfield though

You may very well be right.

I guess I'm just excited by their potential, and pre-supposing that at the under 21 level they should be able to stand out.

England lacking in centre midfield but look good everywhere else

Whaaaaat?!

Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Ward Prowse and Will Hughes are good players man!

Ward-Prowse is good. Will Hughes isn't a centre midfielder is he? More attacking I thought? Don't watch the Championship so don't know much about the other two. The rest of the positions they have good premier league players so I would say central midfield is weak compared to the rest of the team 

Chalobah and Loftus Cheek are so talented. Both more holding types though, so I assume either Ward Prowse or Will Hughes would then play off the front man, if they choose to line up that way?

Really like the midfield tbh.

Tom Carroll will play CM, you dopey bastards :lol:.

ESPN Deportes/HD broadcasting this for fellow Americans.

Our midfield isn't as bad as I first thought. Will Hughes has plenty of experience even at 20. Ward Prowse is a beast any time I see him for England youth and decent for Southampton. He also has a great set piece on him. Nathan Redmond just had a great season for Norwich. I've been seeing his name linked with a few decent clubs. Its comforting knowing that Kane has 8 in 11 and Berahino has 10 in 11. We could realistically win this competition.

I'm getting my hopes up, guys.  :(

That clip of the goal against Germany man ... wow.

Love how confident the centre backs were in their passing, and stepping into space to create lanes to get it forward to the midfielders. Outstanding.