Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Mitro has done other things to annoy Rafa - for instance he has his own fitness coach and has bulked up over the last year which means he has lost stamina and pace. Done that off his own back. He is the very definition of dopey.

Wasn't really arsed either way at the prospect of selling Mitro to Brighton (or Shelvey to West Ham), on the pretence that it was on Rafa's say-so and, obviously, on the condition that the funds would be reimbursed. But if Rafa says it ain't gonna happen, it ain't gonna happen and I'm well on-board with that. Basically, Rafa knows.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't agree with Rafa here mind. He needs money to sign better players than we've got so selling one he never plays for anything approaching a decent fee seems like something he should be doing. Shelvey argument is different as he's actually playing

Look at Ibrahimovic at Barca. Imagine you're the manager and you're not playing him because he's not the right fit, that doesn't mean he's a bad player and it doesn't mean you would sell him to Real Madrid where he's potentially much more of a fit ahead of a title race. Selling to rivals in  January is just stupid, no matter who the player is.

I'd agree if out style of play was effective. But come on. Really you are making that argument that he doesn't fit our style of play? What style is that?

To be a strong defensive unit that is hard to break down and capable of knicking the odd goal through the use of pace on the wings and maximising success through set plays. That's where we're at as a club. Mitrovic contributes to being able to knick a goal and that's it out of the 3 and even then it has been debatable. As I said, I think he deserves more of an opportunity but we clearly do have a style of play and to say it isn't "effective" is a little bit hard to understand for me, given that we have a reasonable goal difference comparing to some other clubs in the bottom 11 and most still have the likes of Man City to play again. It may not be attacking or attractive but it most certainly is effective, given the ability of our squad compared to the likes of Crystal Palace and Everton for example.

Can't agree with Rafa here mind. He needs money to sign better players than we've got so selling one he never plays for anything approaching a decent fee seems like something he should be doing. Shelvey argument is different as he's actually playing

I see your point but unfortunately it's completely contradicted by Ashleys NUFC. Sales don't necessarily mean purchases.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd agree if out style of play was effective. But come on. Really you are making that argument that he doesn't fit our style of play? What style is that?

Is it more or less effective with a player who's not available for selection? Our style of play basically needs a Joselu and/or Gayle that can score more reliably at this level. Like I said, I'd be banging the drum for Mitrovic as well if his discipline was alright, but it's not, and the way that's ignored or dismissed by some as not that bad, or not his fault is infuriating. He's not good enough for it to it to not be a major factor in any decision to play him.

So Rafa doesn't want to sell mitrovic because he'll improve another team which probably has much better forwards than we have. But he doesn't need him to help save a sinking ship here because he doesn't think he's good enough. When our options are a joke. So he won't sell him to buy unless its abroad as half the league are a few losses off a relegation spot and a  safe club  don't need him.

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

Not a clue what Mitro has done, but he’s very clearly done something to irk Rafa.

Good/bad is a bit of a basic way to look at it. I think it's much more likely that Rafa thinks he's unsuitable for us, but could be suitable to Brighton because of the way they play. Mitrovic simply isn't good enough for us to change the way we play to suit someone who's let us down time and time again with sending offs and suspensions - which is obviously the thing that's irked Rafa.

I see this argument all the time - which would make sense if we didn’t persist on playing Joselu.If Mitro doesn’t fit our system, then Joselu certainly doesn’t either.

I’m sure someone will point to Mitro’s disciplinary record now - so I’ll answer that anyway... when was he last sent off in a game? It’s a complete myth that we’ll go down to 10 men with him in the side because he’s not been sent off in recent times.

If anything, Mitro would suit our system more with a bit of physicality in his game allowing players like Murphy the chance to get close to him. Whereas Joselu either loses it or taps it to nobody.

Because Joselu doesn't get himself sent off and suspended and does as he's told. Whether you agree with Rafa on that is your choice, but I do. If he was good enough/suitable enough for us to put up with it, I'd agree, but he just isn't. The discipline argument is a completely valid argument, like. Not getting sent off during the odd 10 minute cameo isn't anything to hang your hat on and his disciplinary record remains a joke. Whatever argument for him playing is negated by that for me.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aleksandar-mitrovic/ausfaelle/spieler/51152

He’s played over 1,400 minutes in 35 appearances since his last red card, so that argument is a load of nonsense.

Guest firetotheworks

So Rafa doesn't want to sell mitrovic because he'll improve another team which probably has much better forwards than we have. But he doesn't need him to help save a sinking ship here because he doesn't think he's good enough. When our options are a joke. So he won't sell him to buy unless its abroad as half the league are a few losses off a relegation spot and a  safe club  don't need him.

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

Not a clue what Mitro has done, but he’s very clearly done something to irk Rafa.

Good/bad is a bit of a basic way to look at it. I think it's much more likely that Rafa thinks he's unsuitable for us, but could be suitable to Brighton because of the way they play. Mitrovic simply isn't good enough for us to change the way we play to suit someone who's let us down time and time again with sending offs and suspensions - which is obviously the thing that's irked Rafa.

I see this argument all the time - which would make sense if we didn’t persist on playing Joselu.If Mitro doesn’t fit our system, then Joselu certainly doesn’t either.

I’m sure someone will point to Mitro’s disciplinary record now - so I’ll answer that anyway... when was he last sent off in a game? It’s a complete myth that we’ll go down to 10 men with him in the side because he’s not been sent off in recent times.

If anything, Mitro would suit our system more with a bit of physicality in his game allowing players like Murphy the chance to get close to him. Whereas Joselu either loses it or taps it to nobody.

Because Joselu doesn't get himself sent off and suspended and does as he's told. Whether you agree with Rafa on that is your choice, but I do. If he was good enough/suitable enough for us to put up with it, I'd agree, but he just isn't. The discipline argument is a completely valid argument, like. Not getting sent off during the odd 10 minute cameo isn't anything to hang your hat on and his disciplinary record remains a joke. Whatever argument for him playing is negated by that for me.

He’s played over 1,400 minutes in 35 appearances since his last red card, so that argument is a load of nonsense.

A load of nonsense if you conveniently ignore West Ham, which there's no reason to do whatsoever.

You know what, people "trusting Rafa" on this issue when that day is not a match day, and people would question why we don't play Mitro  after seeing how shit Gayle and Joselu are playing in match.

Guest firetotheworks

You know what, people "trusting Rafa" on this issue when that day is not a match day, and people would question why we don't play Mitro  after seeing how shit Gayle and Joselu are playing in match.

But we have a very good idea of what the answer to that is. [emoji38] Why keep asking the same question in that situation? Is it unreasonable for Rafa to need to be able to trust his players? This isn't HBA where his output and the alternatives undoubtedly negate any perceived problems there are with tracking back, for example.

I thought he was harshly done to vs West Ham FWIW.

Nonetheless, discipline doesn't just mean getting Yellow and Red cards and giving free kicks away. It's about his positional play, his willingness to muck in and defend and his reluctance to stand waving his arms around and dropping his head when he loses the ball or doesn't get a free kick.

I like the kid. I really want him to do well and do well here, but if it's not to be then it isn't. He is capable of making a difference elsewhere in a different set up, just not here and ultimately our safety in this division is far more important than a lad on a multi thousand pound a week contract doing the thing he loves for a living, not playing for 6months.

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

A load of nonsense if you conveniently ignore West Ham, which there's no reason to do whatsoever.

The conversation is about getting sent off and going down to 10 men, did that happen?

The logic escapes me.

Think its a case of Rafa not liking the lack of discipline that is very prevalent in Mitro's game, and as such isn't getting game time as it'd be detrimental to the overall team. However he can tell Mitro has talent and we would be strengthening a fellow relegation rival, so he's not willing to sell.

Nonetheless, discipline doesn't just mean getting Yellow and Red cards and giving free kicks away. It's about his positional play, his willingness to muck in and defend and his reluctance to stand waving his arms around and dropping his head when he loses the ball or doesn't get a free kick.

Could easily have been talking about Shelvey, there.

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

The conversation is about getting sent off and going down to 10 men, did that happen?

:lol: Howay man, just admit you forgot about it and it completely fucked your argument

The logic escapes me.

Yup.

:lol: Howay man, just admit you forgot about it and it completely fucked your argument

Re-read my posts, it’s always been about being sent off.

I didn’t forget about it at all, I’m well aware of it.

Aye. :thup:

I think Shelvey gets away with it a little more because its clear he's one of our better players, that's all.

I don't really like Shelvey but he's one of our most effective players still. With the ball that is.

Yup - another reason why the discipline argument is nonsense. Shelvey is arguably worse than Mitro in all areas of discipline and hasn’t really bought much to the team in relation to performances all season, yet he still starts ahead of Merino.

I have no problem if Mitrovic is not training or being disruptive or anything that means he won't help us on the field. If there is a legitimate reason for not picking him I wish Rafa would come out and tell us. The situation can't be any worse than it is.

Then I'll accept the only options are joselu and gayle and you can stick a fork in us.

Funny you should say that but was going to post about this after speaking to my man at the club today. Basically, it's all down to attitude and fitness.......he's terrible in training, behaves very immaturely and is not at the required fitness for a PL players (his data is the worst in the group by some distance). He has been told to get his act together if he wants to play but has done nothing about it. Nothing to do with ability apparently.