Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

It is NOT the time to change something that you cannot change unless you ask Rafa to give ultimatum to the fat c***. Which I am fine in fact. Would you support that? If not, then Rafa has to get the best out of resources on hand within a week.  Keeping 10m unused is a fuckingbad idea.

Blind belief in the manager versus blind faith in a player. :lol:

Ultimately the opinion of the person picking the team and setting the tactics is what matters the most, and there's clearly a reason why Mitrovic isn't getting a look in. Rafa has rotated players like mad since coming here and this has included Mitrovic so I'm assuming it's an attitude thing in some way.

And for that reason he's absolutely spot on for not wanting to risk selling him to a direct rival who may turn him around and hurt our own prospects. I don't rate him particularly highly but a move may be just what he needs. I don't see why we should suffer for that.

I see what you're saying, Zero, but you're willingly trying to work within the unreasonable, irrational boundaries set by the fat man. To criticize Rafa for acting like an actual football manager who has the club's best interests at heart by not selling to our relegation rivals is short sighted.

I don't want to work in that boundaries either but who got the power to change it? None. The fact is Rafa has to led us fight against relegation under such horrible boundaries. Simply as that. The relationship between Rafa and Mitro is basically done.  One doesn't want to keep but no choice. One doesn't want to play but no choice. And yea we all assuming he has attitude problem now. Then would you want to play him when we badly need him say under injury crisis? You still trust this guy? Seriously? Okay so we basically got only two strikers on book. And we didn't recoup "potential" 10m which may be added to facilitate the Jorgensen deal, or bringing in a better one, or got an additional GK, etc.

That's really a bad decision, or you could say it's the result of bad management. If Rafa doesn't want to play him like that, just sold him last summer FFS.

Guest firetotheworks

Sometimes the support or the blind belief in Rafa is really horrible. How can you support the idea of keeping a player when everyone including him knows you don't want him to be here? And rely on him when we have injury crisis? Oh yea fucking professional he must be. Not strengthening our rivals? When we badly need money for bringing in a striker or goalkeeper? No.10? Or you truely believe his value will rocket after six months of frozen out?

Come on man. Supporting Rafa as our manager doesn't mean we need to portrait everything he done is right.

Are you suggesting that we don't believe what we're saying like?

Guest Howaythetoon

I won’t lie I’d like to see Mitrovic be given a go in the team as he can’t be any worse than Joselu and while I’d rather not ‘strengthen’ a potential relegation rival, if he’s never going to play again for us or be used in any way and if someone is willing to offer us money, we must surely sell him especially if that allows us to strengthen our own team?

Him not featuring at all is rather odd. I personally don’t believe he’s a bad egg in training, I just believe Rafa doesn’t rate him at all.

SELL, basically and to whoever. He’s a waste of wages as things stand.

I have no problem if Mitrovic is not training or being disruptive or anything that means he won't help us on the field. If there is a legitimate reason for not picking him I wish Rafa would come out and tell us. The situation can't be any worse than it is.

Then I'll accept the only options are joselu and gayle and you can stick a fork in us.

Funny you should say that but was going to post about this after speaking to my man at the club today. Basically, it's all down to attitude and fitness.......he's terrible in training, behaves very immaturely and is not at the required fitness for a PL players (his data is the worst in the group by some distance). He has been told to get his act together if he wants to play but has done nothing about it. Nothing to do with ability apparently.

Is your man at the club as good as your man in Dubai with the takeover information? :lol:

Everything I said about the takeover has proved to be absolutely correct. The breakdown of the takeover is 100% down to Ashley.

I won’t lie I’d like to see Mitrovic be given a go in the team as he can’t be any worse than Joselu and while I’d rather not ‘strengthen’ a potential relegation rival, if he’s never going to play again for us or be used in any way and if someone is willing to offer us money, we must surely sell him especially if that allows us to strengthen our own team?

Him not featuring at all is rather odd. I personally don’t believe he’s a bad egg in training, I just believe Rafa doesn’t rate him at all.

This for me. Get a striker that Rafa wants and plays in his system, then the fate of one other team shouldn't be a huge concern.

He's basically not fit enough to play and has made no effort to get fit. That's from someone who works with the squad every day.

I have no problem if Mitrovic is not training or being disruptive or anything that means he won't help us on the field. If there is a legitimate reason for not picking him I wish Rafa would come out and tell us. The situation can't be any worse than it is.

Then I'll accept the only options are joselu and gayle and you can stick a fork in us.

Funny you should say that but was going to post about this after speaking to my man at the club today. Basically, it's all down to attitude and fitness.......he's terrible in training, behaves very immaturely and is not at the required fitness for a PL players (his data is the worst in the group by some distance). He has been told to get his act together if he wants to play but has done nothing about it. Nothing to do with ability apparently.

Is your man at the club as good as your man in Dubai with the takeover information? :lol:

Everything I said about the takeover has proved to be absolutely correct. The breakdown of the takeover is 100% down to Ashley.

And not because the cock eyed bint hasn't actually got the money?

If Rafa see's no role for him then I'd be inclined to loan him abroad and take a punt on him having a good world cup.

He's young with plenty of contract left so we should always get north of £10m, whatever happens.

It's a shame that he's finished here iyam.

Sometimes the support or the blind belief in Rafa is really horrible. How can you support the idea of keeping a player when everyone including him knows you don't want him to be here? And rely on him when we have injury crisis? Oh yea f***ing professional he must be. Not strengthening our rivals? When we badly need money for bringing in a striker or goalkeeper? No.10? Or you truely believe his value will rocket after six months of frozen out?

Come on man. Supporting Rafa as our manager doesn't mean we need to portrait everything he done is right.

That's a very short-sighted view. None of us know what has gone on and why Rafa won't give Mitro a chance. What we do know is that we finally have a manager with a spine and integrity, and who knows what he's doing. The man is so meticulous about everything he does so he must have a good reason to not want Mitrovic in the team. I'll support the manager blindly (even when he makes mistakes) because of the sum of everything he brings to the club and not for one or two isolated incidents.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's basically not fit enough to play and has made no effort to get fit. That's from someone who works with the squad every day.

I know people who work with the squad, actually have a family member who coaches there and someone in the academy and everything I’ve heard is that he’s the same as everyone else, trains, gets on with the lads etc. I know Rafa is strict on fitness and eating habits, but if he were that uncooperative?

Either way he needs sold if he’s never to be used regardless of who buys him. You don’t cut off your nose to spite your face...

Sometimes the support or the blind belief in Rafa is really horrible. How can you support the idea of keeping a player when everyone including him knows you don't want him to be here? And rely on him when we have injury crisis? Oh yea fucking professional he must be. Not strengthening our rivals? When we badly need money for bringing in a striker or goalkeeper? No.10? Or you truely believe his value will rocket after six months of frozen out?

I'm getting sick of saying it now, but what makes you even 51% certain that we will put any money raised back into the purchase of any players based on Ashley's tenure here and numerous transfer window let downs? It's all very well making it otu as if it's blind faith in Benitez, but actually it has less to do with him and more to do with not wanting to potentially strengthen a rival when we're not likely to purchase a replacement. What fucking good is £15million in Ashley's pocket when we're relgated cause Mitro scored a goal off his arse for Brighton vs West Ham and we go down as a result?

Guest Howaythetoon

If Rafa see's no role for him then I'd be inclined to loan him abroad and take a punt on him having a good world cup.

He's young with plenty of contract left so we should always get north of £10m, whatever happens.

Aye I’d not be against a loan move. He’s a beast for his country an although I don’t rate him, in the right set up and played every week he can score something like 10 goals on the PL. he’s worth 10m to someone easily. He’s been underused by Rafa and again cannot be any worse than Joselu, I refuse to accept that. He’s not overweight, unfit or anything like that. I just think Rafa doesn’t rate him nor trust him and therefore there is no room in the team for him whatsoever. Shame as you said. Time to off-load, on loan or by selling him. If Brighton went him for anything over 8m I’d take it. It’s a no brainier. But only if that fee and his wages are put towards strengthening the team/squad.

I know people who work with the squad, actually have a family member who coaches there and someone in the academy and everything I’ve heard is that he’s the same as everyone else, trains, gets on with the lads etc. I know Rafa is strict on fitness and eating habits, but if he were that uncooperative?

Either way he needs sold if he’s never to be used regardless of who buys him. You don’t cut off your nose to spite your face...

Have you asked them about his fitness?

Agreed, I'd sell him if he's not going to be used.

Aye I’d not be against a loan move. He’s a beast for his country an although I don’t rate him, in the right set up and played every week he can score something like 10 goals on the PL. he’s worth 10m to someone easily. He’s been underused by Rafa and again cannot be any worse than Joselu, I refuse to accept that. He’s not overweight, unfit or anything like that. I just think Rafa doesn’t rate him nor trust him and therefore there is no room in the team for him whatsoever. Shame as you said. Time to off-load, on loan or by selling him. If Brighton went him for anything over 8m I’d take it. It’s a no brainier. But only if that fee and his wages are put towards strengthening the team/squad.

I wouldn't sell him to a rival for anything less than £20m due to the risk of it biting us in the arse. I'd far rather we got a £1.5m loan fee and take the risk that he has a good world cup. Looking ahead to the end of the season, if Ashley stays then Rafa goes and the new manager might like him.

My gut feeling is that Rafa probably doesn't trust him but he seems to have no compunction in playing Shelvey every week who is just as bad from a disciplinary perspective.

I think he's 15 goals a season all day long in a team that plays to his strengths, something that none of our teams have done since he signed.

He'd get goals for Brighton, no doubt about it.

You know the same contact as me, and if he says the price was agreed, I'm inclined to believe him. Certainly over any bullshit, Ashley and his team have come out with

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye, he trains with the rest of them I’m told which leads me to believe that isn’t the issue as he’d be quickly away from the group. I do know Rafa is meticioulous on what they all eat and the have to stick to a certain food and diet plan and if they don’t they get fined, maybe he likes a steak or two... I’m pretty certain he is fit and match ready like any of the other players even if he isn’t fully following a diet plan. Maybe that pisses Rafa off, who knows.

Whether he doesn't rate him or feels he can't trust him - and I can certainly understand both perspectives - if Rafa isn't willing to play Mitrovic he should have enough conviction to sell him and find a more suitable replacement.

If we're not willing to sell players to our Premier League rivals, we're going to struggle to sell anyone for a substantial fee. And as I posted before, Rafa has at least been allowed to spend, more or less, what he has brought in via player sales, spending around £100 million and selling players for about £10 million more than that.

With that in mind what makes you think we'd sign someone better than Mitro for the price we sell him at, if it's to someone in this division? Especially when in order to improve the squad we're gonna have to look at teams in the higher echelons across Europe, most of which will be aiming for cups and league titles and will require their top goalscorers.

We are unlikely to spend more than what we sell as  the history of Mike Ashleys tenure here suggests. So what would be the benefit of selling him to fellow relegation candidates? If we don't sell and improve upon him (or worse don't replace him) we've weakened our sporting hand and short term strengthened Mike Ashleys financial hand. We've lost another saleable asset that if a takeover occurred at the end of the season could be sold and add to the investment that would possibly occur.

To return to strengthening Ashleys hand financially, if the sporting hand is weakened enough for relegation to happen then it would force him to lose a lot of money or keep us.

Theres virtually no realistic positive outcome of us selling Mitro to a relegation rival. Not unless something is done out of the current norm, as far as the club is ran.

We are in a relegation fight as things stand, Rafa isn't playing Mitrovic, therefore Mitrovic isn't adding to our 'sporting hand', isn't contributing anything for us on the pitch. The only purported interest in the player has come from within the Premier League, with Premier League clubs most likely to have the funds to spend in the region of the £15 million which seems to be at least approaching our valuation. And my feeling is that for that sort of fee, it should be eminently possible to find a forward capable of contributing something rather than nothing.

Clubs aiming for cups and titles in the higher echelons of Europe have nothing to do with it. Who is suggesting that our squad is so strong, that our strikers are performing to such a high standard, that only a player from one of Europe's top clubs would constitute an improvement on what little we've got? Unless Rafa is convinced that the money won't be reinvested - which hasn't been the practise so far during his reign - he should have enough conviction, in his judgement of the player and in his scouting prowess, to move Mitrovic on and to bring in a replacement who can help us over the coming months.

You know the same contact as me, and if he says the price was agreed, I'm inclined to believe him. Certainly over any bullshit, Ashley and his team have come out with

Oh I don't disbelieve him, he's sound, but I still don't think she's got the dosh.

Aye, he trains with the rest of them I’m told which leads me to believe that isn’t the issue as he’d be quickly away from the group. I do know Rafa is meticioulous on what they all eat and the have to stick to a certain food and diet plan and if they don’t they get fined, maybe he likes a steak or two... I’m pretty certain he is fit and match ready like any of the other players even if he isn’t fully following a diet plan. Maybe that pisses Rafa off, who knows.

The fella I know works on the conditioning/medical side and says his fitness data is the worst in the group, and by some distance. He's been told to sort his fitness out and has done nothing about it.

Whether he doesn't rate him or feels he can't trust him - and I can certainly understand both perspectives - if Rafa isn't willing to play Mitrovic he should have enough conviction to sell him and find a more suitable replacement.

If we're not willing to sell players to our Premier League rivals, we're going to struggle to sell anyone for a substantial fee. And as I posted before, Rafa has at least been allowed to spend, more or less, what he has brought in via player sales, spending around £100 million and selling players for about £10 million more than that.

With that in mind what makes you think we'd sign someone better than Mitro for the price we sell him at, if it's to someone in this division? Especially when in order to improve the squad we're gonna have to look at teams in the higher echelons across Europe, most of which will be aiming for cups and league titles and will require their top goalscorers.

We are unlikely to spend more than what we sell as  the history of Mike Ashleys tenure here suggests. So what would be the benefit of selling him to fellow relegation candidates? If we don't sell and improve upon him (or worse don't replace him) we've weakened our sporting hand and short term strengthened Mike Ashleys financial hand. We've lost another saleable asset that if a takeover occurred at the end of the season could be sold and add to the investment that would possibly occur.

To return to strengthening Ashleys hand financially, if the sporting hand is weakened enough for relegation to happen then it would force him to lose a lot of money or keep us.

Theres virtually no realistic positive outcome of us selling Mitro to a relegation rival. Not unless something is done out of the current norm, as far as the club is ran.

We are in a relegation fight as things stand, Rafa isn't playing Mitrovic, therefore Mitrovic isn't adding to our 'sporting hand', isn't contributing anything for us on the pitch. The only purported interest in the player has come from within the Premier League, with Premier League clubs most likely to have the funds to spend in the region of the £15 million which seems to be at least approaching our valuation. And my feeling is that for that sort of fee, it should be eminently possible to find a forward capable of contributing something rather than nothing.

Clubs aiming for cups and titles in the higher echelons of Europe have nothing to do with it. Who is suggesting that our squad is so strong, that our strikers are performing to such a high standard, that only a player from one of Europe's top clubs would constitute an improvement on what little we've got? Unless Rafa is convinced that the money won't be reinvested - which hasn't been the practise so far during his reign - he should have enough conviction, in his judgement of the player and in his scouting prowess, to move Mitrovic on and to bring in a replacement who can help us over the coming months.

It isn't adding to our 'sporting hand' you're right but it also isn't helping anyone else in the division which it could very well be if we sell him to someone like Brighton as an example. We are already rumoured to be willing to pay approximately £15million for a leading striker in the Dutch league which is being kicked back and the Dutch league is nowhere near as strong as the Premier League. That's why I made the point of clubs across Europe who'd be challenging for silverware, etc. Obviously, in the likes of La Liga players from teams slightly lower down the table might be a good fit, and I have no doubt Rafa's team can find hidden gems. Ultimately though, teams would know we were desperate for a striker if we sold Mitro and there'd be absolutely zero certainty of the money being re-invested regardless. I don't see the point in selling him to a PL rival at this stage of the season given how tight it is, 1 goal could make a massive difference to the whole league.

For me, we're all talking about it as if we have normal owner. This whole discussion is more than likely going to be pointless. Cause regardless of whether or not we sell, we won't invest enough to improve upon our current squad. We're relying on Benitez to get the best out of our team, and I believe he is doing just that. Therefore, my judgement falls on Benitez's decision and the strong argument that any money made goes into Ashley's pocket and not the club.