Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

IF we sell Mitro, then it's a fair bet we will bring in a striker. IF.

giphy.gif

:lol:

You may scoff, but I'm basing all this on the dubious possibility that Brighton have actually bid £15m for Mitro. Fuck knows if that's even true.

Just mucking about mate  ;) it's the if we sell bit, i think we could sell and not replace Mitro in a heartbeat. Ashley can give it 'I'm prepared to spend what it takes'  Nah, ten years of it shows us it's pure bullshit and bluster.

If we don't sell, then we probably don't buy so we have to decide whether we want to improve our own chances of scoring goals and winning games, or simply avoid, possibly, helping one of our rivals.

We have to forget about what Mitro might do, and concentrate on trying to improve our squad.

What Mitro will probably do, is get sent off.

Based on the Ashley era would you take the chance that we'd buy though, with 2 fixtures and only one week left in the window and in the midst of takeover talk?

Ah, well, yes. I've made that comment there on the wild assumption that we act like a football club.

You are correct to suggest Ashley could easily sell him and then just do nothing with the money. It would surprise no one.

However, I think we 100% won't buy anyone if we don't sell him. It's 50/50 that we will reinvest the money if we do.

Who other than a Premier League rival is going to possess the inclination and the resources to spend £15 million on Mitrovic? And as much as we are right to bemoan the lack of investment in the squad, Benitez has broadly been allowed to spend the money he has brought in via player sales: on the basis of my last check, he's spent around £100 million and sold players for about £10 million more than that. I don't dislike Mitrovic, but if a bid has been made it's an easy decision in my opinion for one of the most peripheral members of our first team squad.

Reckon Brighton upped their offer for Mitro because Glenn Murray just got arrested for alleged tax evasion?

Nope, even if he's guilty that wouldn't be sorted out for yonks. Unbelievably i think Brighton are trying to build a squad, something which is fecking alien to our regime and confuses the feck out of us.

The more I think about it the more I think £15m is too much of a positive for us, so much so that it outweighs us selling to a rival. I mean is Mitro even that good that it'd hurt us? We got relegated with him ourselves before and he was called Misstrovic on here for a while. I cant help but think we're massively overrating him this season because our other options are fairly poor.

Would be crazy to shift him to a relegation rival.

Especially when our only replacement is going to be a totally unproven 27 year old with 3 good seasons in his whole career.

A striker unproven in this league who's scoring lots of goals where he is now and is wanted by Rafa (so will play) is a big improvement over a lad who doesn't get a game and never will.  If we can sell Mitrovic for £15m and bring the other lad in for the same amount then great.  Should leave some cash for other areas.

Other than some tweets, I can’t find much fan reaction from Brighton re Mitrovic. Is it even a story down there?

Maybe they don't take it seriously. I mean, increasing the bid from £8m to £15m does sound a bit unlikely.

The Guardian claim of a new £15m bid is a bit sketchy anyway. No other outlet at all is reporting this and I’m pretty sure they would be if Brighton went from an £8m bid to £15m within 24 hours.

Don’t believe it personally

Just hoping some common sense will prevail. Mitro's career is dead here, he failed to be effective in the Championship and he's barely kicked a ball this season. Rafa doesn't rate him. £15m is perfect, let's take that, up our bid on Jorgensen and then use the rest of the money to add to whatever kitty and get some more players in.

Just hoping some common sense will prevail. Mitro's career is dead here, he failed to be effective in the Championship and he's barely kicked a ball this season. Rafa doesn't rate him. £15m is perfect, let's take that, up our bid on Jorgensen and then use the rest of the money to add to whatever kitty and get some more players in.

Hmmmm I'd say he was pretty effective when he played but rarely played due to the insistence on playing one up front.

An increased bid of 8m to 15m might have some plausibility, if we're willing to accept payment in the form  of installments once again. Pretties up the accounts further down the track (if Ashley is hanging around) and by design (because usually we only spend what's in the bank) it hamstrings our competitiveness in the transfer market.

Ryder says 15m bid is bollocks.

Which makes total sense. They can f*** off for 7m like.

7 ? So they've put a new bid in lower than the first. The Ashley/Charnley school of Football ownership seems to have it's first graduate  :lol:

Ryder says 15m bid is bollocks.

Which makes total sense. They can f*** off for 7m like.

7 ? So they've put a new bid in lower than the first. The Ashley/Charnley school of Football ownership seems to have it's first graduate  :lol:

Original bid was mis-reported as 8m but the north east lot reckon it was between 7 and 8. Their original bid is the only bid at the moment.

I can see him going to West Brom when Jonny Evans moves on.

Guest neesy111

Hmmmm I'd say he was pretty effective when he played but rarely played due to the insistence on playing one up front.

He scored 1 goal in 6 months and got dropped for Daryl Murphy.  Awaiting Optimistic Nut's reply.....

He scored 1 goal in 6 months and got dropped for Daryl Murphy.  Awaiting Optimistic Nut's reply.....

Exactly. Rafa knew he could't rely on Mitro to finish, the amount of times we were all frustrated at him missing quite straight forward chances was unacceptable. If he was effective he would have got way more game time, unless Madras thinks Rafa was a fool for not using him more.