Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nope. Want us to go down. I have lost so much love for Newcastle United over the past couple of years, it is absolutely heartbreaking. I simply cannot support this club fully anymore and my only sense of enjoyment will be us going down to financially spite Ashley. I cant believe it has come to this, but it shows just what a perilous situation the club is in.

Personally, I think these signings were too little too late. We deserve to go down. We are an absolute shithouse of a club. Our match-going fans are probably the 3rd worst element of the club; behind Ashley and the SD logos around SJP.

I am so bitter. Die, Ashley.

Something you may want:

http://i.imgur.com/o4Rj3OX.jpg

If it meant Ashley would fuck off this time then 100% yes. I haven't enjoyed fuck all games win lose or draw. Even when we win a few games you hear from other fans you were giving out about Ashley and now look he's turning it around for you. But you can imagine the fat cunt would be very close to a heart attack if we got relegated again! An awful thing to say but I would be over the moon if that happened and I don't think I would be the only one on here that would find if pleasing

Nope. Want us to go down. I have lost so much love for Newcastle United over the past couple of years, it is absolutely heartbreaking. I simply cannot support this club fully anymore and my only sense of enjoyment will be us going down to financially spite Ashley. I cant believe it has come to this, but it shows just what a perilous situation the club is in.

Personally, I think these signings were too little too late. We deserve to go down. We are an absolute shithouse of a club. Our match-going fans are probably the 3rd worst element of the club; behind Ashley and the SD logos around SJP.

I am so bitter. Die, Ashley.

Something you may want:

http://i.imgur.com/o4Rj3OX.jpg

:lol: Can't even be bothered.

Whilst it would undoubtedly be satisfying to see the w*****s that run the club squirm at reaping exactly what they've sown, I have to admit to being a bit more convinced by our recent transfer business. It does actually look like they're trying to be better. Obviously I don't doubt a lot of that is because we're in the relegation zone but going after Berahino at £20m+ is as promising a thing we've done in f***ing years, even if we didn't get him.

So I'd want us to stay up to see what happens next season. #fickle

Can't agree with that. Our business over the last year is solely down to the fact we've been on the brink of relegation. Once we bring in a proper manager, and buy players with a view to winning cups/finishing high up the league, I'll be "more convinced". The target is the same as it always has been, survive and nowt more.

I don't wanna go down tbh (although it wouldn't hurt me the way it once would have)

Whilst it would undoubtedly be satisfying to see the w*****s that run the club squirm at reaping exactly what they've sown, I have to admit to being a bit more convinced by our recent transfer business. It does actually look like they're trying to be better. Obviously I don't doubt a lot of that is because we're in the relegation zone but going after Berahino at £20m+ is as promising a thing we've done in f***ing years, even if we didn't get him.

Can't agree with that. Our business over the last year is solely down to the fact we've been on the brink of relegation. Once we bring in a proper manager, and buy players with a view to winning cups/finishing high up the league, I'll be "more convinced". The target is the same as it always has been, survive and nowt more.

I don't wanna go down tbh (although it wouldn't hurt me the way it once would have)

I did mention the relegation threat tbf. But they could have stuck to the cheap foreign imports, and they haven't. Giving Perez a new deal is only good news as well.

I did mention the relegation threat tbf. But they could have stuck to the cheap foreign imports, and they haven't. Giving Perez a new deal is only good news as well.

True, but had we not been so awful last year, or been midtable last month, we'd have seen 2 very different transfer windows.

Isn't this cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Depends on your personal reason for investing in the fortunes of the club.

If it's a daily/weekly distraction from real life and an excuse to have a pint at the weekend, yes. If it's a bit more than that, an institution for which you feel pride and respect, representing the hopes and dreams of a region that needs them, then no.

:lol:

What's funny?

The insinuation that those not wanting Newcastle United relegated see the club only as a distraction on a weekend. Couldn't be more out of touch with reality.

Ahh I see, I can see how it came across that way but that's not really what I meant.

Fwiw I'm not that fussed either way. I don't want us to go down purely out of instinct, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't find it more interesting if we did. Either we come straight back up and have a good season, or we stay down for long enough for Ashley to cut his losses. Either is better than this purgatory imo.

I think the plan was always to spend tbh, and we will again in summer.

Believe it when i see it, also if the spending is any indication of what we have done since we lost Ben Arfa, MYM, Cabaye, Debuchy and Remy i'd rather we didn't :lol: The end result is the same regardless.

Yes. 100%. Not just relegated once either if that means Ashley sticks around. I want us to go down as many times as it takes. If we end up playing league 2 football so be it. I want to support the Newcastle United I used to and it doesn't matter to me what standard of football the club plays. The Premier League is not everything, I want a club to be proud of again.

I don't actively want us to go, but there'll definitely be some silver linings if we do.

It'll upset Ashley, he might finally realise how important managers are and - hopefully - we'll see the back of certain gutless individuals. We need a firesale.

I don't actively want us to go, but there'll definitely be some silver linings if we do.

It'll upset Ashley, he might finally realise how important managers are and - hopefully - we'll see the back of certain gutless individuals. We need a firesale.

Nah he'll just say to himself that the players must be shit, which they are tbf but still.

Yes. 100%. Not just relegated once either if that means Ashley sticks around. I want us to go down as many times as it takes. If we end up playing league 2 football so be it. I want to support the Newcastle United I used to and it doesn't matter to me what standard of football the club plays. The Premier League is not everything, I want a club to be proud of again.

• 1 month later...

If Rafa Benitez gets appointed as manager, which now looks extremely likely, it's an absolute win-win as far as I am concerned. I wanted us to go down once and for all really, but with Rafa at the helm I would be quite optimistic of our chances to make significant progress next season and beyond. Who knows, maybe Ashley has finally learned his lesson and there is light at the end of the tunnel. If we still go down, part of me will be gutted about the lost opportunity to finally see us progress, but no one can deny we will have deserved it for the shambolic running of the club since Ashley took over and in the current situation with the Rafa appointment coming so late in the day. If we go down and don't come up straight away Ashley loses the SD exposure he so desperately craves, and I would expect us to be put up for sale within a few years. Either way, much prefer both scenarios to narrowly avoiding relegation season after season whilst playing dreadful football under such luminaries as Pardew, Carver and McClaren. Chuffed about these latest developments and it will be good to go into games without the indifference or worse I've felt for the last couple of seasons :indi:

Not the time I know, but it still remains to be seen whether this is a genuine change in direction or just another manager they will piss off to the point of breaking when the next transfer window comes around.

I want us to stay up to find out now though, that's a change.

Not the time I know, but it still remains to be seen whether this is a genuine change in direction or just another manager they will piss off to the point of breaking when the next transfer window comes around.

Fair assessment.

I feel the same. Will be strange to actually want us to win again  :kasper: