why?

Newcastle Fan

simple topic really

Why did our peformence changed suddenly

i won't be like a certin someone and add a 20 reasons poll

just leave it open,for anyone to say anything

i mainly think its the injuries of the likes of Moore,Carr,Babayaro,Duff, those 4 were under-performing,runining any chance we had of doing something in a game..

also our fixture's list was fair,all of the teams we faced were beatable..

thoughts?

A goal was scored in the Pompey game, and we went on to win. Confidence grew and now we are playing SLIGHTLY  better.

A win was all that was needed.

We were winning in the Waffa and Carling.  I think it was injuries, players not responding to eachother (who were playing

out of position) and straying from their tasks.  Shifting the back line around like we had been doing wasn't stable.  With

Nobby at RB they've done better with the exception of Bab's cock up vs. Reading. 

Don, I do agree that Dyer provided a spark and it's unfortunate that he's picked up that gash because we (obviously) could

use him tomorrow.  How much bad luck can one man have?  or a Club for that matter.

Because we are higher in confidence, due to the draw at Emirates Stadium.

And overall better performances. (Kieron ?)

we were on a high before that, i would say since the pen-shoot-out win against watford

we were on a high before that, i would say since the pen-shoot-out win against watford

If we conveniently forget the first 87 minutes of the next game.

Dyer and Martins returning but especially Dyer seemed to give everyone a big lift both quality players with pace and have given us a more threatening attack. Sibierski also seems to link well with Martins which can only be good. Our defence seems to have improved a lot recently. I am not sure if its due to Pearson or the fact Carr and Babayaro have been out injured!

If we conveniently forget the first 87 minutes of the next game.

we always do badly away in manchester

I don't think you can say Dyer's return is one of the main reasons, from an individual point of view - because he's only played one game.

If we were to choose one player, it woul dhave to be Nobby. He's improved the defense, aswell as giving us service when needs be. He's perfect for us at right-back. He's cool and competent in defense, and yet he doesn't have to rely on pace and passing anymore, because they have both faded this season. Every so often, he'll pop up with something, but 75% of the time doing defensive duties. The Reading game/that cross is evident of that. Nobby's been simply immense since he's moved to right-back and that position, without a doubt, is now his best one.

Second after Nobby, would be Martins. Looks a different player since he's come back from injury. I reckon that goal should kick-start him. If he scores against Blackburn, he'll never look back.

I don't think you can say Dyer's return is one of the main reasons, from an individual point of view - because he's only played one game.

If we were to choose one player, it woul dhave to be Nobby. He's improved the defense, aswell as giving us service when needs be. He's perfect for us at right-back. He's cool and competent in defense, and yet he doesn't have to rely on pace and passing anymore, because they have both faded this season. Every so often, he'll pop up with something, but 75% of the time doing defensive duties. The Reading game/that cross is evident of that. Nobby's been simply immense since he's moved to right-back and that position, without a doubt, is now his best one.

Second after Nobby, would be Martins. Looks a different player since he's come back from injury. I reckon that goal should kick-start him. If he scores against Blackburn, he'll never look back.

Except Dyer's played two games. IMO Dyer gave us that point at Arsenal and that was huge lift in confidence and it's from there we have proceeded.

Fine, two games then. :roll:

Still not enough to say that he's 'changed our season'. He's still injured isn't he?

Yes, but had it not been for Dyer we wouldn't have had that point at Arsenal and I think that was the turning point.