sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has the meltdown at RTG increased yet? :lol:

They're just digging their heels in about us, how most of the PL would smash us and that we've spent more than any other club in the league and Rafa should be beating all the other teams, any manager could. Also that we should be licking Ashley's boots for "bank rolling" the club :anguish: bunch of inbred, paedo-loving, neanderthal cretins.

Anyone that suggests they'll be relegated after 4 games is either a bed wetter or a mag too.

Has the meltdown at RTG increased yet? :lol:

They're just digging their heels in about us, how most of the PL would smash us and that we've spent more than any other club in the league and Rafa should be beating all the other teams, any manager could. Also that we should be licking Ashley's boots for "bank rolling" the club :anguish: bunch of inbred, paedo-loving, neanderthal cretins.

Anyone that suggests they'll be relegated after 4 games is either a bed wetter or a mag too.

Ah! It is going to be a true delight watching them sink this year. The sooner they sink the better. Imagine getting a full season of total meltdown  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The biggest worry has to be a Defoe injury

I think our biggest worry is our manager talking about a relegation fight in August  :idiot2: Obvioulsy been to the McClaren school of football management.

It's not great management but it's also kind of deflecting away from the point, that he's absolutely right.

They're also saying we spent £55m. It's almost as if they're as thick as pig's shite or something.

A fair number think we're on the verge of bankruptcy.

I think our biggest worry is our manager talking about a relegation fight in August  :idiot2: Obvioulsy been to the McClaren school of football management.

As a non native you must despise him, wasn't you in the dugout v Boro was it?

Supposed to be as good as it gets for them this too, " sending us down" yet they will do well to scrape 17th again whilst we are still getting bigger gates and have a far more positive atmosphere and club than them even in a league below. Must kill them. Imagine the state they would be in if they went down

Us going down and them staying up is just delaying the inevitable

I don't disagree with that at all, it set a negative tone for the whole season, it was a hamfisted attempt to extract more money from the owner, but all it served was removing any hope from the fan base and put potential transfer targets off a move to a club who are aiming for 17th at best. And people applauded him for his honesty !!

Guest firetotheworks

I really think anyone's a bit mad if you think that that squad is anything other than relegation fodder tbh. He shouldn't have said it, but he's definitely not wrong, whether he publicly said so or not.

I really think you're a bit mad to think that that squad is anything other than relegation fodder tbh. He shouldn't have said it, but he's definitely not wrong, whether he publicly said so or not.

He can think it and say it to his chairman but coming out in public with the truth isn't always the right thing to do. It was just a clear attempt to get the owner to put his hand in his pocket, but then when he did he spent 13 million on an unknown to play in a position he already had plenty of options for.

They're also saying we spent £55m. It's almost as if they're as thick as pig's shite or something.

A fair number think we're on the verge of bankruptcy.

As a non native you must despise him, wasn't you in the dugout v Boro was it?

:lol:

still, have to hand it to them for getting behind that kid bradley with the tumour. there's a another kid called frankie with same condition (my kids u9's involved in fundraising) who is toon daft but their family have had little support from nufc.

still, have to hand it to them for getting behind that kid bradley with the tumour. there's a another kid called frankie with same condition (my kids u9's involved in fundraising) who is toon daft but their family have had little support from nufc.

Message Rafa I am sure he will cure him

Of course we would all like to help these kids and hope they will receive the best medical attention possible but I'd really have to question just what level of support any club should be expected to give?

While Everton's gesture was generous I'm not sure it was really wise and may set some kind of precedent where every unfortunate child's family thinks a football club will pay for their needs.

It's good that local clubs highlight such causes, raise awareness and assist with items to auction etc. but how far should they reasonably be expected to go and how many such cases can they become involved in ?

Both Newcastle and Sunderland through their foundations do a lot of good work in their communities and help local charities, but this kind of support for sick children would really be better served by taking it up with local politicians, government and relevant charities which already exist, rather than expect a football club to decide which cases merit their help and which don't.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/14/sky-sport-italia-suspends-paolo-di-canio-after-showing-dux-tattoo

Sky Sport Italia has suspended its relationship with the former West Ham and Lazio striker Paolo Di Canio after he presented a show revealing his “dux” tattoo. The 48-year-old has been working as a pundit on the television station in Italy and appeared in a short-sleeved shirt showing his tattoo which represents the former Fascist leader Benito Mussolini. After a raft of complaints from viewers, threatening to withdraw subscriptions, the channel decided to take action.

Jacques Raynaud, executive vice president of sports channels and advertising sales at Sky Italia said: “We made a mistake. We apologise to all those we have offended the sensibilities. After talking at length with Di Canio, despite his professionalism and football expertise, together we decided to suspend his collaboration.”

Di Canio has attracted controversy ever since 2005 when he twice gave straight-arm salute to fans of Lazio and told the Italian news agency Ansa: “I am a fascist, not a racist.”

In 2013, David Miliband resigned from the board of Sunderland in protest when Di Canio became their manager and prior to that the GMB trade union also cited his political views when it withdrew its sponsorship of Swindon Town after he was appointed their manager in 2011.

In his autobiography, he wrote of the Italian dictator Mussolini: “His actions were often vile. But all this was motivated by a higher purpose. He was basically a very principled individual.”

You've gotta love the mackems and their heroes

I think my favourite delusion of theirs at the moment is the way they think of course we should be winning with the money we have spent but then say that the players we have bought are Championship cloggers that we'll be lumbered with should we be promoted.

Firstly if these "expensive" players are finding life so easy in the Champ doesnt it stand to reason they would be able to compete at the bottom of the Prem?

Secondly if we carry on the way we are wouldnt you think there would be many clubs who would love to sign players that have just pissed the league?

If not how does any promoted club survive?

They seem to be tarring us with Roy Keanes brush.

... although I did enjoy one of their claims over on RTG about Rafa Benitez .....  "it's what he does next season that will be the test of the man."

WTF?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I can gather the blunderland echo is heading the same way as Sugar Puffs down in Albania on Wear. Boycott!

Seem to be unprecedented levels of seethingness and rattledom about this kid down on Wearyside  ;D

It's like Alan Shearer, Steven Taylor and Joey Barton have metamorphosed into one person  :lol: :lol:

I'm loving the levels of delusion at the moment, the whole contradictory stance mentioned above, should be pissing the league with the players/money spent followed in the same sentence with bloated championship squad should we be promoted. Then there's the whole, they sent us down and they're laughing at us for laughing at them looking like they're going down because we're delusional given the fact we're already down and they're still in the PL and they wouldn't swap with us. Where would I rather be? In the championship with a world class manager, building for a future and looking like we'll piss this league or getting hammered every week with a clinically depressed manager, no future and looking like you're going to get relegated? It's a no brainer!

Oh yeah and it's Rafa's fault we were relegated, he was too shit to keep us up?!

I think my favourite delusion of theirs at the moment is the way they think of course we should be winning with the money we have spent but then say that the players we have bought are Championship cloggers that we'll be lumbered with should we be promoted.

Firstly if these "expensive" players are finding life so easy in the Champ doesnt it stand to reason they would be able to compete at the bottom of the Prem?

Secondly if we carry on the way we are wouldnt you think there would be many clubs who would love to sign players that have just pissed the league?

If not how does any promoted club survive?

They seem to be tarring us with Roy Keanes brush.

... although I did enjoy one of their claims over on RTG about Rafa Benitez .....  "it's what he does next season that will be the test of the man."

WTF?!?!

Those sort of comments are the reverse of McLaren 'judge me in 10/20/30/100 games' schtick. If we go up and have a good first season back it'll be 'riding the wave of confidence from promotion, true test is avoiding second season syndrome' and so on.

Where would I rather be? In the championship with a world class manager, building for a future and looking like we'll p*ss this league or getting hammered every week with a clinically depressed manager, no future and looking like you're going to get relegated? It's a no brainer!

I think your last 4 words have summed up the problem on ready to groom. We're at the bottom of a ladder about to climb (hopefully) as high as possible. They got as far as the first rung 10 seasons ago and nailed their feet firmly to it. They habitually confuse ambition with delusion and are conditioned to accept second-rate. Which probably explains why their town centre is such an interminable dump.

Oh yeah and it's Rafa's fault we were relegated, he was too s*** to keep us up?!

His 10 game record, if spread over a whole season would've seen us finish about 11th, and in our last game he oversaw the complete demolition of a Champions League side. They spent about 3 weeks outside the bottom 3 for the nth year running, swapping their manager midway a-f*cking-gain, relying on a convicted paedo for points and obviously the benefit of our yearly donation.

But technically they're right, Rafa was there when we went down so I expect to see it on a t-shirt/tattoo/on a banner towed behind a Cessna Skyhawk (from ponteland airport natch)