Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

De Jong, Thauvin & Saivet based on their current form would have p*ssed this league. Imagine them over Perez/Diame, Gouffran/Atsu and Colback man. :lol:

Absolutely and I've have had them all for the season, if we could have. But they either wanted to leave or Rafa didn't want them.

Next season I'd hope that we'd sign some players better than all of the above though.

Fwiw my argument is about next season in the PL - not this season.

Does his record for Ajax not count either? Scored some important goals in the Champions League against good opposition in the number 10 position iirc.

He played under useless managers when he was fit for us too which you have to remember

He's only scored against Man City and Dynamo Zagreb in the CL.

In the 4 years prior to joining us he had this record:

09/10: 17 goals, 7 assists in 26

10/11: 16 goals, 11 assists in 52

11/12: 17 goals, 12 assists in 39

12/13: 16 goals, 10 assists in 46

13/14: 9 goals, 2 assists in 28

He then had 2 injury hit seasons with us, and now has 6 goals and 2 assists in 20, thats a really good record no matter what league your in, even if the Eredivise is poor quality.

Luuk de Jong is a goal scoring machine in that league. Would you have him back too for next season in the PL?

So we should just completely ignore someones record because of one player didn't make the transition, a player who plays in a completely different position. Good to know.

Played for two terrible managers, was never fit and never had a run of games to get into any decent form and was hurt nearly the entire time over 2 seasons. When fit, he never played as we had no time to bed in a guy when we were whoring our team selections to grasp any points imaginable.

What are you flapping you gums about man. His competition is Diame and Perez who have collectively been average at best in the Championship.

And people are saying some dude who's been either in a hospital gown or immobile, slow and inaffective when on the pitch, albeit with a few "nice touches" and "movement" is better than the two who've actually delivered more in terms of goals and assists. I'm no fan of either Perez or Diame in the #10 role, but from the little I've seen of De Jong, I sincerely doubt he is the answer.

I have no issues with him coming back and proving everyone wrong and making the spot his own. But Rafa should sign an actual #10 sharpish and let all these people fight for the spot or play elsewhere in the team (like Diame in CM, Perez LW or LS, etc).

Have to admit I saw absolutely nothing of worth in him either tbh. Don't watch Eredivisie though. His injury record was obviously laughable.

Worth another go under a proper manager and in case it'll save a signing but I don't see anything particularly inspiring about him as others do.

De Jong, Thauvin & Saivet based on their current form would have pissed this league. Imagine them over Perez/Diame, Gouffran/Atsu and Colback man. :lol:

I'm really confused about the long term prospects of some of the players we've loaned out. The ones without the whole "obligation to buy" nonsense. SDJ had injury problems and given our shitness last year, never really had an opportunity to show what he could do... so when we go down to a division where he really could show his worth... we loan him out? And it's not like he plays in a position that Rafa doesn't utilise. He would've had a golden opportunity to shine where Diame and Perez have stuttered.

So did Rafa want rid? Does SDJ want to leave for good? Or does he just think he's too big for a season in The Championship? Or maybe he just needed to distance himself from Derek Wright's demon touch?

All of the above?

We obviously shouldn't bring him back as the answer (nobody has suggested this) but when we signed him he was very highly rated. He was a pretty exciting buy iirc.

It's pretty much impossible to take anything away from his time here from a footballing perspective, just that he's made of glass and/or the unluckiest bloke alive.

De Jong, Thauvin & Saivet based on their current form would have pissed this league. Imagine them over Perez/Diame, Gouffran/Atsu and Colback man. :lol:

I'm really confused about the long term prospects of some of the players we've loaned out. The ones without the whole "obligation to buy" nonsense. SDJ had injury problems and given our shitness last year, never really had an opportunity to show what he could do... so when we go down to a division where he really could show his worth... we loan him out? And it's not like he plays in a position that Rafa doesn't utilise. He would've had a golden opportunity to shine where Diame and Perez have stuttered.

So did Rafa want rid? Does SDJ want to leave for good? Or does he just think he's too big for a season in The Championship? Or maybe he just needed to distance himself from Derek Wright's demon touch?

All of the above?

We probably want rid, there's got to be an element of preserving any perceived market value by having internationals still playing top flight football.

What are you flapping you gums about man. His competition is Diame and Perez who have collectively been average at best in the Championship.

And people are saying some dude who's been either in a hospital gown or immobile, slow and inaffective when on the pitch, albeit with a few "nice touches" and "movement" is better than the two who've actually delivered more in terms of goals and assists. I'm no fan of either Perez or Diame in the #10 role, but from the little I've seen of De Jong, I sincerely doubt he is the answer.

I have no issues with him coming back and proving everyone wrong and making the spot his own. But Rafa should sign an actual #10 sharpish and let all these people fight for the spot or play elsewhere in the team (like Diame in CM, Perez LW or LS, etc).

If Rafa isn't playing Diame in CM or Perez as a LS in the Championship (where I'm the same in thinking they'd be better there in the right system - like 4-3-3) then he probably isn't going to in the Premiership.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/siem-de-jong-texts-receives-12694586

Siem de Jong has revealed that he Rafa Benitez keeps in regular contact via text - and the Dutchman insists he wants to return and play for Newcastle United in the Premier League.

The 28-year-old was sent on a season-long loan to PSV Eindhoven at the beginning of the season by Benitez in order to rediscover his match fitness following an injury-ravaged first two years on Tyneside.

After moving to Tyneside from Ajax for £6million in 2014, De Jong suffered a succession of fitness problems and has made just 26 appearances for United to date, scoring twice.

Though Benitez rates De Jong and believes the attacking-midfielder can offer quality to the Magpies side, he wanted to ensure the Dutch international could still hack it physically.

But, though De Jong has spent the season away from St James’ Park, he is determined to play for Newcastle again - and he hopes it will be in the Premier League next season.

“I want to return [to Newcastle],” De Jong, whose United contract runs until 2020, told NU Sports in the Netherlands.

“Newcastle United is a great club, especially when they play in the Premier League.

“The coach [benitez] occasionally sends a text message to me, and it’s nice that he does.

“I follow Newcastle closely too, I’m even in the WhatsApp group.”

All of the above?

We probably want rid, there's got to be an element of preserving any perceived market value by having internationals still playing top flight football.

:thup:

Always assumed it was a case of loaning them out to increase their value.

Wonder where Riviere will end up next season after not scoring a goal for the worst team in La Liga and probably has at least 2 years left on his contract here :lol:

One of the worst players we've signed in recent years and there have been many. Probably back to France.

:lol: At the title change.

Also, can we start guessing who the major bantz is in the Whatsapp group? And who has "left the group" since the summer? As everyone knows, those "Sissoko has left the group" updates can be rather jarring, emotionally.

:lol: At the title change.

Also, can we start guessing who the major bantz is in the Whatsapp group? And who has "left the group" since the summer? As everyone knows, those "Sissoko has left the group" updates can be rather jarring, emotionally.

Yedlin has to up there surely? :lol:

I hope Ritchie is a radgey as he is playing, making threats and shit :lol: