Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

what you saying NEESY?!

http://www.statto.com/sgs/team-position/ZNwYnAACAJIC5w

He has the highest wage budget by a mile.

I like Rafa but he's hardly doing an exceptional job, like what Wagner and monk are doing imo considering their constraints.

Guest Howaythetoon

One thing I must say about Rafa is that he has brought me closer to my club than anyone else since that fateful day KK resigned under Ashley. I loved Hughton (still do, top man and I hope he takes Brighton up) and enjoyed that season in the Championship and also liked some of the players from back then. But I detested the club and still do to some extent. But Rafa man... he has this almost magnetic force that draws me into the club.

Since we last won promotion I could probably count 10 games that I've attended, that's what 1 a year? This from an NUFC fanatic who still has the manuscript (its shit and has millions of words obviously) for a Toon book I was going to write from whey back when Souness was manager. I fucking loved this club, it was in many ways my life.

This site wouldn't exist without that love as my passion for the club drove me to taking over nufc.nu which eventually lead to this in one way or another.

Obviously the older you get and the life experiences you have such as relationships, kids, marriage, work and business dictate your life away from football, but football should always be in your life? Well for me it wasn't, not like how it should be. Until now that is. Its never going to be the same and its still strained but remove Rafa from the equation and me and football are done forever, for good.

Rafa man...  :love:

If only Ashley would fuck off I'd buy a season ticket tomorrow and dedicate my life to the Toon where possible, i.e. go to as many games as I could and take my boys along with me.

I miss NUFC so much I really do, I  miss football. I can't remember the last time I watched match of the day. Bloody hell as a kid I recorded everything football related. Even Toon matches on the radio. We couldn't afford Sky.

But today, there isn't much to like and to enjoy and remove Rafa and its basically me against Ashley and I fucking hate that prick for what he's done to our club and people like him for what they have done to the game.

He has the highest wage budget by a mile.

I like Rafa but he's hardly doing an exceptional job, like what Wagner and monk are doing imo considering their constraints.

We don't get points for the wage bill, Rafa is doing as good a job as anybody could be doing.  Wagner has had no pressure to work under until recently and they're seriously faltering now that the pressure is on.  Huddersfield play the ball around well but they haven't got a plan B and are paying the price for that now.

Guest neesy111

Wagner and and Monk doing well doesn't detract from the fact Rafa is well on course to finish comfortably over 90 points with a side that was hurriedly thrown together.

He still had over £50m to spend though, I think wasn't like he had to scrap around for bargains though. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Neesy there is zero pressure on the other sides, the whole world has its eyes on Rafa and NUFC this season and he and we are dealing with it magnificently to be honest. I expected us to be many more points ahead and playing much better football, but the reality is different and sometimes fans need to ground themselves in that as managers and players should too.

Guest neesy111

Neesy there is zero pressure on the other sides, the whole world has its eyes on Rafa and NUFC this season and he and we are dealing with it magnificently to be honest. I expected us to be many more points ahead and playing much better football, but the reality is different and sometimes fans need to ground themselves in that as managers and players should too.

Then it shows how bad the squad is though, i believe the best in life thrive on pressure if our team is buckling because of it it's a very bad sign.

Then it shows how bad the squad is though, i believe the best in life thrive on pressure if our team is buckling because of it it's a very bad sign.

They just fucking won while the biggest threat bottled it. How are we buckling in any way?

He still had over £50m to spend though, I think wasn't like he had to scrap around for bargains though. 

He's brought in some good players and he had to balance the squad with players who wouldn't be knocking his door down when they weren't getting games.  Ritchie, Gayle and Clark have been a great signings, Hayden a good signing and Atsu is better that I expected.  The biggest error in his transfers for me has been Sels, the others have done a job, even if they haven't all been spectacular.

And we're top of the league and on course to be comfortably promoted. He's done exactly what was expected of him.

I mean aye, you can argue Wagner has 'done better' with his resources but it's not really a fair argument considering he's still 10 points behind with a 4 goal positive difference. It wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that Rafa would have done the same if not better had he been managing Huddersfield, and that Wagner would have us outside of the automatics if he was here.

Guest neesy111

To build a new team in the time he has takes skill and he has done well to do that. Just look at Aston Villa. Similar situation, spent heavily. Been shite.

4 of the 11 that started today we're benitez signings.  It's not like we've completely overhauled the squad.  I would say that's standard for any team going down.

And we're top of the league and on course to be comfortably promoted. He's done exactly what was expected of him.

I mean aye, you can argue Wagner has 'done better' with his resources but it's not really a fair argument considering he's still 10 points behind with a 4 goal positive difference. It wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that Rafa would have done the same if not better had he been managing Huddersfield, and that Wagner would have us outside of the automatics if he was here.

Rafa has had to turn the whole club and fanbase around and he's done that seamlessly, he's been just what we needed.

Building a new team isn't just about new signings. He has had to take a club and set of players that has been a laughing stock for years, with no hope or ambition and turn them into a functioning team. That is not easy given how rotten things have been at this football club.

Guest Howaythetoon

They are not buckling though, they are keeping us top despite the huge pressure and demands. Some of which comes from their own manager! This is a totally different team from last season, thrown together ad hoc almost for the sole purpose of promotion and that is going to be the likely outcome. We look like we will limp over the line which given certain parameters will be disappointing (spend, manager, fan base, club name etc.), but given other criteria (Pardew, Carver, McClaren, Ashley, years of neglect etc.) it could be far worse. See Villa, Norwich et al. Rafa's job is to take us up and he looks like he is well on the way to doing that. Forget about the football or tactics for a moment and indeed our slender lead and look at the club itself and what has happened, that's the bigger success. Fan reconnect for a start. I'm living proof. I give a f*** for the first time in years and years.

Building a new team isn't just about new signings. He has had to take a club and set of players that has been a laughing stock for years, with no hope or ambition and turn them into a functioning team. That is not easy given how rotten things have been at this football club.

Aye. See Aston Villa.

Guest neesy111

I'm sorry but the villa comparison is pathetic, it's the worst case scenario which fucking just about everyone in this forum loves to use about us this season.  The fascination with them is embarrassing.

Using that example is a case for the defence for Ashley in saying how bad things could be if he sold up.

Don't see the point in analysing how Rafa is doing until next season. The football is boring but if we do well next season it will be forgotten

If we get promoted this season the only target for next season should be to stay up.  The season after is where we'll see what he's really capable of if we're playing in the Premiership.

Don't see the point in analysing how Rafa is doing until next season. The football is boring but if we do well next season it will be forgotten

If we get promoted this season the only target for next season should be to stay up.  The season after is where we'll see what he's really capable of if we're playing in the Premiership.

Spot on this.

I'm sorry but the villa comparison is pathetic, it's the worst case scenario which f***ing just about everyone in this forum loves to use about us this season.  The fascination with them is embarrassing.

Using that example is a case for the defence for Ashley in saying how bad things could be if he sold up.

Get off the forum, have a beer and some tapas and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

I'm sorry but the villa comparison is pathetic, it's the worst case scenario which f***ing just about everyone in this forum loves to use about us this season.  The fascination with them is embarrassing.

Are you blind?  We were almost as bad as Villa were last season and we were in total turmoil until Rafa came in.

Fuck that