Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester City - Post-match relief from p.39

Kaizero

This'll go down like a shite sarnie considering I wasn't there tonight but the atmosphere didn't come over too brilliant tonight, which surprised me. I was there when we finished 5th and though we lost 2-0 to them in our penultimate match, there were long stretches of City possession where the atmosphere was bloody fantastic. Whistling, jeering, basically anything to try and put them off. It was so intimidating. Thought it might be the same tonight tbh.

I think we've forgotten how to do things like that TBH, for now I'll settle for some loud cheering when we do something good.

I'm only going by how it sounded on the tv, but the crowd seemed very tense. They got behind the team when we were attacking and applauded good play, but every time there was a mistake or a piece of poor play there was this loud, angry groan. I know football crowds have the tendency to go for emotional extremes, but this was very pronounced.

The team looks better organised and in better spirits, but were still not as relaxed as you'd like. There were several instances of players going for the same ball, or leaving it for one another, which are sure signs of a team playing on the edge of their nerves.

The Man City away support that used to pack the away section and regularly chant 'where were you when you were shite?' were amazingly missing en-masse this evening.

2 points from safety - it was a fair few more two games ago after the Norwich game. Tiote has been a huge influence.

The Man City away support that used to pack the away section and regularly chant 'where were you when you were shite?' were amazingly missing en-masse this evening.

2 points from safety - it was a fair few more two games ago after the Norwich game. Tiote has been a huge influence.

Aye strange that the self proclaimed best and coolest fans in football filled less than half their allocation despite being in the CL semis and top four of the PL.

Maybe they preferred the days when they were a "Manchester club" and not some rich Arab's plaything, despite the plastic success they've had.

The last two performances just make you think what if. What if we just hung on for a point at Norwich, what if Rafa was brought in earlier and we would have seen the team improve earlier which could have seen us beat Norwich and Sunderland. What ifs I know :(

It's actually good to think we can get points from games these days. We are slightly disappointed with a point against Man City that in itself shows how far we have come in a few weeks.

If my predictions go the way I have predicted after the point last night we stay up by a point :)  its a point gained according to my predictions. #deludedmag

This'll go down like a shite sarnie considering I wasn't there tonight but the atmosphere didn't come over too brilliant tonight, which surprised me. I was there when we finished 5th and though we lost 2-0 to them in our penultimate match, there were long stretches of City possession where the atmosphere was bloody fantastic. Whistling, jeering, basically anything to try and put them off. It was so intimidating. Thought it might be the same tonight tbh.

I think we've forgotten how to do things like that TBH, for now I'll settle for some loud cheering when we do something good.

I'm only going by how it sounded on the tv, but the crowd seemed very tense. They got behind the team when we were attacking and applauded good play, but every time there was a mistake or a piece of poor play there was this loud, angry groan. I know football crowds have the tendency to go for emotional extremes, but this was very pronounced.

The team looks better organised and in better spirits, but were still not as relaxed as you'd like. There were several instances of players going for the same ball, or leaving it for one another, which are sure signs of a team playing on the edge of their nerves.

SJP has been like that for years. More so now we're actually fighting for something obviosuly.

The Man City away support that used to pack the away section and regularly chant 'where were you when you were s****?' were amazingly missing en-masse this evening.

They've never had a particularly good away following despite what they'd like you to believe. They barely half filled their section at Chelsea on Saturday either. No problem with that, following your team away from home can be an expensive business nowadays but these were the original self confessed best fans in the world who will tell anyone who will listen that they averaged over 30k in the 3rd division (even though they didn't), everyone in Manchester supports City, and like you said used to come up here and sing "Where we're you when you were sh!t?, yet when they first moved into their new stadium it was rarely more than 3/4s full but now they're good they've had to extend it and have found an extra 20k fans, a far cry from the massive 3,007 fans they attracted for a home game against Mansfield during that season they spent in the 3rd division.

I couldn't believe how few fans they brought, mind you if I had choice of going to Newcastle on a Tuesday night or saving money to go to Madrid for a couple of days for a CL Semi, I'd probably give Newcastle a miss. The empty seats in the East Stand did surprise me.

I couldn't believe how few fans they brought, mind you if I had choice of going to Newcastle on a Tuesday night or saving money to go to Madrid for a couple of days for a CL Semi, I'd probably give Newcastle a miss. The empty seats in the East Stand did surprise me.

Remember the days when the only way you could get a seat in the East Stand was to have a season ticket.