Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester City - Post-match relief from p.39

Kaizero

Weird how our players looked faster, sharper and stronger. Usually Colback and Anita get made to look like small children, but it really felt like all our players had a stronger core along with the conviction in their performance.

We looked much better defensively, and I think that's the Rafa effect. Naturally I'm pleased with the point. We're still hanging in there.

I just get so frustrated with our lack of technical ability. We waste so many opportunities to launch attacks.

The lack of technical ability you are on about was down to winning the 1st ball most of the time.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't believe how the game ended. I was just ready and waiting for their goal, but it was us that looked more likely to get something. The fact that we're disappointed with not winning tells you everything about the performance. I thought everyone except maybe Perez played their part and we got what we deserved. I'm tempted to say that we should have won considering their offside goal, but I was also really surprised they didn't get that penalty shout.

We looked much better defensively, and I think that's the Rafa effect. Naturally I'm pleased with the point. We're still hanging in there.

I just get so frustrated with our lack of technical ability. We waste so many opportunities to launch attacks.

I'd say it's also the no Colo and Taylor effect tbh.

Can't believe how the game ended. I was just ready and waiting for their goal, but it was us that looked more likely to get something. The fact that we're disappointed with not winning tells you everything about the performance. I thought everyone except maybe Perez played their part and we got what we deserved. I'm tempted to say that we should have won considering their offside goal, but I was also really surprised they didn't get that penalty shout.

Yeah... I wouldn't say it 'evened out' because the first goal was absolutely crucial in what was destined to be a very tight game; but we were fortunate not to concede that penalty.

So impressed by our central defenders. The whole back four really shut them out.

It's another clean sheet really.  Their goal should never have stood.

What impressed me was the organisation in the back line.  Inch perfect positioning for the most part and Lascelles continues to impress.  Dummett the unsung hero at left back even if he can't cross a ball for shit and Anita the unexpected 'pretty good' right back.

I'd say it's also the no Colo and Taylor effect tbh.

Definitely.

Weird how our players looked faster, sharper and stronger. Usually Colback and Anita get made to look like small children, but it really felt like all our players had a stronger core along with the conviction in their performance.

Colback did get shoved off the ball by the spanish twink navas. But that aside he really wasn't that embarrassing on the night. 

Guest Howaythetoon

I expected a defeat and a heavy defeat so a draw is in isolation a great result but we need wins...

Beat Liverpool, Palace and Villa and we stay up. We won't though. Too late basically...

Perez played his part, he wasn't brilliant but he got involved.

Great performance and desire from the players but all this proves is that they've been tossing it off and mugging the club and it's supporters all season.

Too little, too late. If we'd played the way we've played in the last couple of games all season we'd be in the top half.

Good result. Firmly believe that if Rafa had been brought in after the Chelsea game with 3 weeks before Stoke and Bournemouth, we'd be as good as safe by now.

So frustrating, with that 2 week break he would've had another month with the players and we would have been hitting this kind of form in time for the games against Nowrwich and the mackems.

Idiots.

I think it's a bit too easy to blame the players for not doing this all season. Confidence/motivation should come from inside to a certain extent, but the entire culture of the club has been one of failure for so long, it's a bit much to expect the players to go out on a match day like they're playing for Ferguson's Man Utd.

I think it's a bit too easy to blame the players for not doing this all season. Confidence/motivation should come from inside to a certain extent, but the entire culture of the club has been one of failure for so long, it's a bit much to expect the players to go out on a match day like they're playing for Ferguson's Man Utd.

Aye it's a bit much to expect highly paid professionals to give their all when they turn out once a week or occasionally twice.

great point and any daft fooker who think otherwise needs to give themselves a shake

well done

the mackems think we blew it and dropped 2 point  :p    idiots in denial that their arses are now twitching, we were dead 2 weeks ago, now we have a chance