Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester City - Post-match relief from p.39

Kaizero

This'll go down like a shite sarnie considering I wasn't there tonight but the atmosphere didn't come over too brilliant tonight, which surprised me. I was there when we finished 5th and though we lost 2-0 to them in our penultimate match, there were long stretches of City possession where the atmosphere was bloody fantastic. Whistling, jeering, basically anything to try and put them off. It was so intimidating. Thought it might be the same tonight tbh.

This'll go down like a shite sarnie considering I wasn't there tonight but the atmosphere didn't come over too brilliant tonight, which surprised me. I was there when we finished 5th and though we lost 2-0 to them in our penultimate match, there were long stretches of City possession where the atmosphere was bloody fantastic. Whistling, jeering, basically anything to try and put them off. It was so intimidating. Thought it might be the same tonight tbh.

I think we've forgotten how to do things like that TBH, for now I'll settle for some loud cheering when we do something good.

Henry's approach to commentary is Michael Owen with a French accent. Painfully dull opinions.

He is but I think he had a point when towards the end (like the free kick that Dummett took 4mins into injury time) we could/should have committed a bit more.

Guest firetotheworks

Can only imagine that it's a mixture of nerves along with a lot of the people who were at that match having stopped going.

This'll go down like a s**** sarnie considering I wasn't there tonight but the atmosphere didn't come over too brilliant tonight, which surprised me. I was there when we finished 5th and though we lost 2-0 to them in our penultimate match, there were long stretches of City possession where the atmosphere was bloody fantastic. Whistling, jeering, basically anything to try and put them off. It was so intimidating. Thought it might be the same tonight tbh.

Maybe the difference between being there and not (I wasn't there tonight or on Saturday fwiw). Sometimes the atmosphere is ok at the ground but doesn't come over on the tele, sometimes it's the other way round. I do remember that game though( the 0-2 at the end of the season) and it was one of the better atmospheres that season.

This'll go down like a s**** sarnie considering I wasn't there tonight but the atmosphere didn't come over too brilliant tonight, which surprised me. I was there when we finished 5th and though we lost 2-0 to them in our penultimate match, there were long stretches of City possession where the atmosphere was bloody fantastic. Whistling, jeering, basically anything to try and put them off. It was so intimidating. Thought it might be the same tonight tbh.

I've only been to a handful of games this season but I thought it was a surprisingly good atmosphere. It certainly was a step up from Saturday and the stadium definitely sounded like it was almost full, despite the missing few thousand.

Guest neesy111

Aye that 2-0 loss was a day of celebration tbh, even managed to applaud the opposition for winning the title.

Nerves would have been awful tonight. Sounded alright second half.

Zzzz

Guest Gomez

Was working, so I only saw the 2nd half, but we look like a team that knows what it's doing for the first time in years. It's not overly pretty, but we seem to be defending as team so much better than before. Colback and Tiote were both good and Sissoko did a good job of pressuring the ball and providing an outlet. What a difference a manager and a bit of time can make.

I just hope we can reproduce this away from home and that it's not too late. I'm more worried about losing Rafa than relegation itself, as we're nvever goign to get better under Ashley.

Guest chopey

Just back from the match, canny game, awful linesman, heart breaking the thought of not keeping Rafa, and I saw the best player in the Premier league tonight, Pep Guardiola will build his whole team around De Bruyne next season and they will be breath taking.

Yeah atmosphere was really good tonight, obviously some nerves, but nights like this at SJP where the home fans are furious towards the opposition and the ref are class when we get a good result

Kompany described the atmosphere as hostile in his post match interview. He loves SJP

Louise Taylor man

The left-back delivered an incisive dead ball but Newcastle could surely have done better than permit Agüero a free header. Barely believing his luck, the striker – who was a yard or two offside – duly registered his 100th Premier League goal for City and the 22nd of the season.

Thats because he was offside you daft bint

Louise Taylor man

The left-back delivered an incisive dead ball but Newcastle could surely have done better than permit Agüero a free header. Barely believing his luck, the striker – who was a yard or two offside – duly registered his 100th Premier League goal for City and the 22nd of the season.

Thats because he was offside you daft bint

Yes but we should have played him on.  :lol:

I know it was a mile offside but another goal conceded from a totally avoidable free kick. Absolutely infuriating, particular given that Cisse had the chance to win a similar FK a couple of mins before but didn't. 

Guest neesy111

I know it was a mile offside but another goal conceded from a totally avoidable free kick. Absolutely infuriating, particular given that Cisse had the chance to win a similar FK a couple of mins before but didn't. 

:thup:

Louise Trout-Horse Taylor is a mackem scribe writing for the accuracy-phobic sh*tstirrers-supreme Guardian.

90+2 mins: The home side continue to push, and will now do so without Perez, who will be replaced by Ayoze Perez, though he doesn’t seem in a hurry to go.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/apr/19/newcastle-united-v-manchester-city-premier-league-live

'nuff said.

I reckon you can tell a lot about peoples football knowledge by how they rate various pundits.

For example if you think Merson talks sense and makes a good point then you probably know about as much as my two year old niece.

1 point is not useless...but close. We were unlucky...the lads deserved to win. Annoying linesman didn't help us...how could he not see that offside...mad!

At least morale is getting up and key players have stepped. It will be a nerve wrecking month.

Im just afraid the Rafa appointment came 1 month too late. McClaren would most definitely not have turned this around.