The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure if I agree with Shearer that Aguero is the only world class player in the PL. Would say de Bruyne is as well

De Bruyne's the one that came to mind immediately, but I don't think it's been long enough to say for certainty. I miss the quality we used to have tbh. Suarez in particular, as much of a prick as he was.

Guest firetotheworks

Lots of empty seats at the Hawthorns.

It's been like it all season really. A lot of West Brom fans I know really don't fancy paying a fair bit to watch a Tony Pulis side.

And rightly so. Dickheads like Pulis and Allardyce are one of the biggest problems with the top flight, no ambition whatsoever other than to tread water and collect the money.

'Doing a great job'

:thup: I don't think Pulis says it, but his football certainly inspires fans to take the good moments when they can take them imo. There was a time at Palace when I thought he might have been evolving a bit, because they played decent stuff under him, but nah, they became a Pulis side in the end.

Guest firetotheworks

man city fan just asked me who else in history could score that goal? fuck off shit loads

Is he like 2 weeks old? [emoji38]

Lots of empty seats at the Hawthorns.

It's been like it all season really. A lot of West Brom fans I know really don't fancy paying a fair bit to watch a Tony Pulis side.

And rightly so. Dickheads like Pulis and Allardyce are one of the biggest problems with the top flight, no ambition whatsoever other than to tread water and collect the money.

'Doing a great job'

:thup:

My mate summed it up quite well last season. I asked him if he'd want him sacked, and his reply was something along the lines of "He'll keep us up, but at what cost?" West Brom have always really played quite an attractive style of football, especially under Mowbray. A lot aren't best pleased with this style of football.

Guest firetotheworks

Shearer likening Liverpool to Keegan-era Newcastle is spot on like. Not identical, but the comparison is definitely there to be made.

Not sure if I agree with Shearer that Aguero is the only world class player in the PL. Would say de Bruyne is as well

De Bruyne's the one that came to mind immediately, but I don't think it's been long enough to say for certainty. I miss the quality we used to have tbh. Suarez in particular, as much of a prick as he was.

Trying to think of players who were genuinely world class for a period in the Prem in the last 10 years (since Shearer retired and Henry left) that haven't been mentioned.

Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, Torres (briefly), Scholes, Giggs, Drogba (?), Rooney (?). Might be overrating some of those and may have missed out someone really obvious

Guest firetotheworks

man city fan just asked me who else in history could score that goal? f*** off s*** loads

I honestly think he's best ever 2 play in prem :idiot2:

[emoji38] I feel for you man. I'd laugh in the face of anyone who said that to me, as fantastic as he is.

Trying to think of players who were genuinely world class for a period in the Prem in the last 10 years (since Shearer retired and Henry left) that haven't been mentioned.

Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, Torres (briefly), Scholes, Giggs, Drogba (?), Rooney (?). Might be overrating some of those and may have missed out someone really obvious

Not sure about Giggs based on just the last 10 years. The rest is probably fair enough but then again "world class" is a very vague term

man city fan just asked me who else in history could score that goal? f*** off s*** loads

I honestly think he's best ever 2 play in prem :idiot2:

[emoji38] I feel for you man. I'd laugh in the face of anyone who said that to me, as fantastic as he is.

Suarez was way better and that was only a few years ago :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think any players have had better seasons in isolation than Shearer, Ronaldo and Suarez, but beyond that I think you've pretty much covered it.

Not sure about Giggs based on just the last 10 years. The rest is probably fair enough but then again "world class" is a very vague term

Yeah I wasn't sure about adding Giggs. Yeah it's a vague term as Cole would probably never be in any World XI's in front of Lahm or Maldini but he was still a fantastic full back

Cech, Terry, Tevez, Cacapa.