Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

Guest reefatoon

We're gonna get beat  :(

You sound like Pardew in a pre match press conference.

Recent history suggests they have to be fair

I'll start you off with our recent derby record then. The game where you need more bottle than in any other. This group of players have failed to turn up time and time again. We haven't won an away game in 2016. Away games are those when you don't have the support of the home crowd to spur you on and so need to roll up your sleeves and do it for yourself. Time and time again this lot have failed to show the bottle needed on the road, a 45 minute spell at Anfield apart. Hopefully its just the nerves but there's not many players in that team I'd trust to just go out and get the job done on the road and let's face it, if it weren't for Benitez this group of players would already have us relegated

Stop being so negative, man. The absolute cheek of you calling Brummie boring when all you do is trot out the same line every single week about how badly we're gonna do.

Stop being so negative, man. The absolute cheek of you calling Brummie boring when all you do is trot out the same line every single week about how badly we're gonna do.

Tbf if you look at the league table I've been proven right more often than not and as I said the other day the hypocrisy on here is staggering considering how negative this forum is in general. There's very few players, managers or board members on here who escape criticism.

Tbf if you look at the league table I've been proven right more often than not and as I said the other day the hypocrisy on here is staggering considering how negative this forum is in general. There's very few players, managers or board members on here who escape criticism.

I'm well aware of our position in the league. We're in our best run of form this season and Rafa's leadership and methods seem to be working tremendously well. If ever there was a time to be cautiously optimistic this year then it's now. Rafa = hope.

Guest reefatoon

After bringing Rafa in and also being unbeaten in our last 4 games, we seem to have our confidence back and look better for it. f*** the dross and negativity before that, it's gone. No time for negative nellys now. Rafa would kick you up the arse for it. Win today no problem.

I'm well aware of our position in the league. We're in our best run of form this season and Rafa's leadership and methods seem to be working tremendously well. If ever there was a time to be cautiously optimistic this year then it's now. Rafa = hope.

Agree. This team would be already dead and buried if not for him.

I don't get what this has to do with beating the worst team the league has seen for 8 years on the back of 4 games unbeaten.

I don't get what this has to do with beating the worst team the league has seen for 8 years on the back of 4 games unbeaten.

We couldn't beat them at home on the back of beating Liverpool and Spurs mind. These are the reams we usually struggle against. Derby took 4 of their 11 points off us. It's just the way Newcastle are.

Guest reefatoon

We couldn't beat them at home on the back of beating Liverpool and Spurs mind.

Different manager and a different time though. Can't you see things have completely changed since then? So cheer your miserable dish up and sit back, relax and watch the match in full confidence Rafa has it sorted.

Some early initiative would help calm the nerves and we know their heads will drop. The biggest impact of Rafa's arrival so far has been the way he's been able to change our fortunes during a match though.

We couldn't beat them at home on the back of beating Liverpool and Spurs mind.

Different manager and a different time though. Can't you see things have completely changed since then?

Well we still haven't won away from home since 2015 and I was at the Crystal Palace match last week when a team with one win in 18 league games matched us (were better than us 1st half) and it took a world class free kick and a penalty save to beat them.

Guest reefatoon

Why you trying to prove points for us to get beat today? Come on lad, get some confidence in the Rafa revolution.