Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - Saturday 7th May 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Decky

Out of all the posters on here one could have a go at, brummie is probably one of the last on the list. Always well behaved on here and never comes across as someone with a repetitive agenda in every single thread. A bit of a strange one Wallsend man.

Bloody hell man I just said I don't find him all that interesting. The way some people are going on you'd think I'd just shot Bambi.

It's more like you just punched Chihuahua you unfeeling b******.

:lol:

I really didn't understand the Villa supporters bitterness towards us when we went down. I hope we don't drop down to their level with banners etc, but it probably will happen.

It wasn't bitterness, it was schadenfreude. It's all part of football.

The time to worry is when you go down and nobody bats a f***ing eyelid. People go on about 'the banners' but they're talking about two banners which could have been brought by one person for all we know.

It's not like we were all riding around the city centre, sat on top of our cars, bibbing our horns and waving flags at 3am in the morning because you'd got relegated.

Anyway, we know what it's like now - we've been slowly tortured to death in front of the entire world for one entire season now.

We have had loads of p*ss take and media coverage about it and to be honest, it just makes me feel better - that us getting relegated is still 'a story'.

Unlike pointless yoyo clubs like Albion or Norwich, up and down so often people forget where they are from one year to the next.

This fixture is a great opportunity for you lot to take the p*ss back, and we're going to have to suck it up. The only problem is:

1. Your current league position which may render p*ss taking inadvisable before the end of the match.

2. The fact that that banner posted here is proper s****.

Tbh Brummie, it was worse than you probably saw, although granted "bitter" is probably the wrong word to describe it. I've been to numerous away grounds down the years and never experienced the amount of abuse, threats of violence, w*****s taking their turn to get in my face and eyeball me etc as on the train from aston to new st that day. Loads even followed us onto our platform to wring every last bit of p*ss-taking they could out of the day. That is not banter, it's really really odd behaviour. Heard stories from more than one group of fans I see regularly that villa fans were driving up the motorway taunting coaches by waving flags and beeping horns.

The banners and singing in stadium were fine and all part of the crack imo but it was after, outside that a large majority (but I would stress not all) of villa fans just seemed to collectively turn into a pack of rabid zombies.

That said, it was SEVEN f***ing years ago. That people still seem to be genuinely upset baffles me, and as for the banners in this thread well, Jesus f***ing wept!!

Personally, I'd turn up and not even mention the whole thing- as Brummie has alluded to, no-one likes being ignored or feeling unimportant. I resent that the whole Villa thing has basically become part of our culture as a fanbase now. I hate that every time we play Villa the same articles surface in the mag and true faith. It just comes across as very bitter and we used to be bigger and better than that. Those banners were designed to get a rise out of us- 7 years later we're still biting, you couldn't make it up.

It's a massive game for NUFC on Saturday, all efforts should go into supporting the manager and the team. And as for the opposition, f*** giving them the attention they want. Aston who??

Totally agree with this - 99% of the ones I encountered pre and post match acted like utter c***s that day!

It's just a shame we weren't safe so could fully take the p*ss on Saturday! I really hope there are no banners on show from our lot mind!

This, I hope we bury the fuckers 6-0 and it just about keeps us up.

Guest firetotheworks

It was just so f***ing unnecessary, that's the point. :lol:

Dont you give TCD shit all the time for his posts?  :lol:

Yes, among others who do. They're necessary though. :lol:

Out of all the posters on here one could have a go at, brummie is probably one of the last on the list. Always well behaved on here and never comes across as someone with a repetitive agenda in every single thread. A bit of a strange one Wallsend man.

Bloody hell man I just said I don't find him all that interesting. The way some people are going on you'd think I'd just shot Bambi.

I really didn't understand the Villa supporters bitterness towards us when we went down. I hope we don't drop down to their level with banners etc, but it probably will happen.

It wasn't bitterness, it was schadenfreude. It's all part of football.

The time to worry is when you go down and nobody bats a f***ing eyelid. People go on about 'the banners' but they're talking about two banners which could have been brought by one person for all we know.

It's not like we were all riding around the city centre, sat on top of our cars, bibbing our horns and waving flags at 3am in the morning because you'd got relegated.

Anyway, we know what it's like now - we've been slowly tortured to death in front of the entire world for one entire season now.

We have had loads of p*ss take and media coverage about it and to be honest, it just makes me feel better - that us getting relegated is still 'a story'.

Unlike pointless yoyo clubs like Albion or Norwich, up and down so often people forget where they are from one year to the next.

This fixture is a great opportunity for you lot to take the p*ss back, and we're going to have to suck it up. The only problem is:

1. Your current league position which may render p*ss taking inadvisable before the end of the match.

2. The fact that that banner posted here is proper s****.

Just like your team then. What goes around comes around and all that.

Yep - which is pretty much exactly what I just said in the post you're referring to, you might have observed.

Nah got bored after the 2nd paragraph so stopped reading.

Did "schadenfreude" make you do a brain melt?

Just find your posts generally speaking to be fairly boring and repetitive tbh, nothing personal of course, so the longer ones I tend not to bother reading all the way through.

Will this season's heartache ever end?

"Release 74 beach balls into the air" - Are Villa fans aware that they don't float away like? :lol:

You just know it'll be 0-0 and we're throwing the everything at them and looking likely to score, 74th minute turns up and after the 5-10 minutes of clearing the pitch of their junk we lose all momentum.

"Release 74 beach balls into the air" - Are Villa fans aware that they don't float away like? :lol:

You just know it'll be 0-0 and we're throwing the everything at them and looking likely to score, 74th minute turns up and after the 5-10 minutes of clearing the pitch of their junk we lose all momentum.

What's the 74 number about ?

Number of goals they've conceded ?  Average IQ in Birmingham ?

Guest reefatoon

Pray for a Sunderland-esque beachball winner.

Imagine them being relegated by us scoring a winner via a deflection off a beachball.  Big slices of karma right there, would be beautiful.

Imagine them being relegated by us scoring a winner via a deflection off a beachball.  Big slices of karma right there, would be beautiful.

Was Rafa the Liverpool manager when that happened ?

Unfortunately that won't happen. When it did at Sunderland the ref should have blown up and disallowed the goal as the ball in play had 'interference by an external party'.

Unless the ref has a brainfart and forgets, a goal would be disallowed.

I might be wrong but from memory it wa James who was in goal when that happened, Dudek was there when Benitez arrived.

I think it was Reina in goal? If so it must have been Rafa. Might be wrong though.

I might be wrong but from memory it wa James who was in goal when that happened, Dudek was there when Benitez arrived.

Pretty sure it was Reina in goal for that.