Rafa In or Ashley Out?

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ElCid

The last month under Rafa has shown things can improve though.

If it goes tits-up, it's more fuel to burn Ashley with.

Still got relegated though - don't get me wrong Rafa is the best manager we can hope for but for one I honestly don't think he will be here come next season and two Ashley will never progress the club the way it should be because he just doesn't give a fuck as the last 9 years have proved.

Ashley leaving is an unknown and isn't going to happen.

Ashley has been here for what... 9 years. He's a very known entity. 2 relegations. 2 embarrassing court cases. A gazillion lies. The club has been degraded. Shit sponsors. SD shit everywhere. What's unknown about him?

Second point is stupid considering this is a hypothetical discussion.

If we're doing unrealistic hypotheticals we should at least have some fun with it. Hoy in Simeone and a Middle Eastern oil barren.

Ashley leaving is an unknown and isn't going to happen. Rafa staying is Rafa staying and seems potentially achievable.

Team B.

:lol:  Jesus Christ.

Wot m8? We don't know what would happen after Ashley leaves. This is fairly basic stuff, keep up.

This isn't to say I don't want him gone.

Guest neesy111

Ashley leaving is an unknown and isn't going to happen. Rafa staying is Rafa staying and seems potentially achievable.

Team B.

[emoji38]  Jesus Christ.

Wot m8? We don't know what would happen after Ashley leaves. This is fairly basic stuff, keep up.

Your scared of a forrin owner clearly.

Team B.

But we know exactly what will happen if Ashley stays.  The same shit that's been happening this past decade.

Team B.

But we know exactly what will happen if Ashley stays.  The same shit that's been happening this past decade.

More than likely, but for the past decade we've had an array of shit managers, not Rafa. Would like to point out again that this discussion is about which of the two options you'd choose at present, I want Ashley out of the club as much as any fucker.

Neesy mate, can't tell if you're being serious anymore :lol:

I can't believe B is winning. :lol:

Mike Ashley has absolutely ripped the heart and soul out of NUFC in his time as owner. He's treated club legends disgracefully, he's killed the passion so many of us have for the club, he's hired wankers like Pardew and Kinnear to prominent roles at the club. The man is a fucking cunt who has destroyed the club we all love.

Fuck him. Always.

Team B.

This has to be a wind up! We don't know what would happen if he leaves but we know what has happened in his 9 years here. Just a few examples below;

2 relegations and 3 further relegation battles (up until he turned up we'd only been relegated 4 times in our history.

Record home defeats

Embarrassing early cup exits

Stadium being renamed after his sports shops

Wonga

Disgraceful treatment of club legends

Regular derby humiliations

Consistently flogging off our best players

Dennis Wise, Joe Kinnear, Alan Pardew, Lee Charnley

An ethically bankrupt football club (see the Keegan and Gutierrez court cases)

And we're now left with an empty shell where we once had a proud football club. We still have a stadium full of people but there's absolutely zero passion inside of it. 50,000 zombies sit in silence watching their club being further ruined year after year but without the fight or the heart to do anything about it.

What a crying shame.

We will NEVER do better than Rafa

There's a real inferiority complex going on within our support judging by posts like this. Expectations have been smashed to bits over the last ten years.

Says a lot that posts like this are being made, yet also concern over whether he'll take the bloody Everton job.

I like the guy a lot but he is not some cast iron degree of success. No manager is in football.

Why has this hypothetical poll got me going so much :lol:

You'd be hard pressed to find another manager more likely to be successful with any given club than Rafa Benitez though, even with the whole fanbase against him, he delivered for Chelsea when asked to do so.

A true pro and I agree that we'll never have a better manager, at least in my lifetime. Klopp maybe but that'd be 10 years down the road if at all.

If Ashley sits in the back and gives Rafa the autonomy he gave the previous regimes then we get what we want - a club that tries, that is run well and there would be a chance for success.

Ashley goes, and in walks in Massimo Cellino v2. It's a massive gamble, and a silent owner with Rafa Benitez running everything would be the best possible circumstance we could hope for.

Voting A is just voting for revenge, which I understand, but take a step back from the 10 years of lies, shite and comatose existence and realise what B would actually mean.

There's a real inferiority complex going on within our support judging by posts like this. Expectations have been smashed to bits over the last ten years.

Says a lot that posts like this are being made, yet also concern over whether he'll take the bloody Everton job.

I like the guy a lot but he is not some cast iron degree of success. No manager is in football.

You'd be hard pressed to find another manager more likely to be successful with any given club than Rafa Benitez though, even with the whole fanbase against him, he delivered for Chelsea when asked to do so.

A true pro and I agree that we'll never have a better manager, at least in my lifetime. Klopp maybe but that'd be 10 years down the road if at all.

If Ashley sits in the back and gives Rafa the autonomy he gave the previous regimes then we get what we want - a club that tries, that is run well and there would be a chance for success.

Ashley goes, and in walks in Massimo Cellino v2. It's a massive gamble, and a silent owner with Rafa Benitez running everything would be the best possible circumstance we could hope for.

Voting A is just voting for revenge, which I understand, but take a step back from the 10 years of lies, shite and comatose existence and realise what B would actually mean.

Voting A is just voting for revenge?  :lol:  Do you think Ashley's changed or something?  Rafa will be gone in two or three years at the most, and then it'll be business as usual.

Voting A is just voting for revenge, which I understand, but take a step back from the 10 years of lies, s**** and comatose existence and realise what B would actually mean.

Voting A is just voting for revenge?  :lol:  Do you think Ashley's changed or something? Rafa will be gone in two or three years at the most, and then it'll be business as usual.

Elaborate.

Voting A is just voting for revenge, which I understand, but take a step back from the 10 years of lies, s**** and comatose existence and realise what B would actually mean.

Voting A is just voting for revenge?  :lol:  Do you think Ashley's changed or something? Rafa will be gone in two or three years at the most, and then it'll be business as usual.

Elaborate.

Because this will never happen.  He's show time and time again that it won't. 

Elaborate.

Such as ?

Ashley is Cellino ffs. Like I said, can people name the owners in English football who are worse than Ashley? Then think of how many clubs there are.

Ashley a silent owner as well? He might not pick the team but he restricts the revenue streams of the club, warns against progress in the cups, changes the name of the stadium, has been complicit in the events that led to two tribunals etc. etc. It's not like he's not involved in all the shit stuff.

Elaborate.

Such as ?

Have you been in a coma the last nine years?  The only managers he's hired who haven't just been stooges have been treated like shit, lied to, and forced out of the club.

Elaborate.

Such as ?

Have you been in a coma the last nine years?  The only managers he's hired who haven't just been stooges have been treated like shit, lied to, and forced out of the club.

Ashley is Cellino ffs. Like I said, can people name the owners in English football who are worse than Ashley? Then think of how many clubs there are.

Ashley a silent owner as well? He might not pick the team but he restricts the revenue streams of the club, warns against progress in the cups, changes the name of the stadium, has been complicit in the events that led to two tribunals etc. etc. It's not like he's not involved in all the s*** stuff.

You don't think Rafa would only manage this club with cast iron guarentees that he gets the control and the finances required to do so? He's almost said as much in interviews in the past few days, which negates most of the points you're making. As for Ashley being Cellino, there couldn't be more polar opposites in terms of chairmen meddling in day to day affairs of the club.

The scaremongering from people voting B is amusing. It reminds me of the people who said "be careful what you wish for" when myself and others wanted Pardew out.

Ashley has messed up everything that had any potential to make this club great, why do people think it's going to be any different under Benitez?

Voting A is a vote for revenge? Nonsense, it's a vote for removing a man who is overseeing one of the worst spells in our history A spell that is 100% down to the way he has run the club and was entirely avoidable.

Elaborate.

Such as ?

Have you been in a coma the last nine years?  The only managers he's hired who haven't just been stooges have been treated like s***, lied to, and forced out of the club.

And hired by who exactly lol. Pardew was Llambias, McClaren was Charnley, Keegan is the only example of this. And this was when he had Dennis Wise telling him what to do.

Ashley has ultimate accountability for the failures of those he mistakenly delegated power to. If Rafa takes the job with the understanding that he would have that same power, how is that bad.

The scaremongering from people voting B is amusing. It reminds me of the people who said "be careful what you wish for" when myself and others wanted Pardew out.

Ashley has messed up everything that had any potential to make this club great, why do people think it's going to be any different under Benitez?

Voting A is a vote for revenge? Nonsense, it's a vote for removing a man who is overseeing one of the worst spells in our history A spell that is 100% down to the way he has run the club and was entirely avoidable.

Mate, it's a hypothetical nonsense of a discussion. Everyone wants both Benitez to stay and Ashley to go.

Mate, it's a hypothetical nonsense of a discussion. Everyone wants both Benitez to stay and Ashley to go.

True :lol: