Rafa In or Ashley Out?

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Both answers are part of the same question, of course it's hypothetical but because it's hypothetical we actually get to choose. It's not about what's realistic, it's about what you truly want.

[emoji38] I'm shit at hypothetical questions and always have been, I hate them so don't usually answer them.

Did you ever answer the "should we go to war with Hitler" one?

To many ifs, buts and possibilities to make an informed decision, however, with Rafa in charge we could really be a force again. I think, after a season in the Championship and a season getting grounded in the premiership, Ashley would reap the benefits of having a manager like Rafa in charge. I can't see him going back to his old ways once the club starts ticking.

Guest Howaythetoon

What Ashley and all his cronies have done to MY Newcastle United is effectively stripped it of everything that was so important to me as a Geordie, as a fan and as a football lover and replaced it with things that mean nothing to me and never will under his ownership.

It remains Newcastle United by name only. To me the only thing he hasn't done is changed the club's name and relocated to somewhere else. He may of well done, however, because Ashley's NUFC isn't MY NUFC and never will be. Rafa or no Rafa.

The football club I grew up to support, to love, was all about hope, belief, pride and community. There is no-one at the club I have any time for other than a handful of players and Rafa and his staff. The stadium isn't St. Jame's Park anymore - its the Sports Direct Arena.

The famous black and white shirt that I would go to sleep dreaming of one day wearing isn't the shirt it once was - its a piece of tat from the SD tat emporium plastered with Wonga.

The fans are not fans anymore, they are customers there to watch a Premier League match.

I want nothing to do with it. I would be a hypocrite if I went to and continued to support what is effectively the decaying carcass of NUFC. I have no loyalties to the Premier League, the players, SJP or even the shirt. Only to the badge.

I would therefore rather watch a pub team wearing the real badge of NUFC playing in a run down 3,000 seater stadium in a pub league than watch Mike Ashley's club in the Premier League. I really would.

Rafa staying would be great for Ashley's Newcastle United, but for my Newcastle United?

The club of Hughie Gallacher, Wor Jackie, Supermac, KK, Sir Les, Shearer, Sir Bobby? 6 FA Cups, one UEFA Cup, 4 league titles and a proud history stretching back to 1882?

"Thank god we are not in Europe" - Ashley's Alan Pardew.

"Fans should celebrate tomorrow" - Ashley's Alan Pardew after narrowly avoiding relegation.

"The cups are not a priority" - the club.

2 relegations chaps, 2 f***ing relegations.

I cannot comprehend why anyone given the choice would rather keep Rafa and not see an end to Ashley. An end to Ashley gets rid of the cancer once and for all. Rafa is merely chemo.

And I love Rafa and if he does stay I'd actually want him to do well, for the future generation of fans, all the bairns that still go and all the old daft c***s who don't deserve a Championship club.

For me personally though on a selfish level as someone who longs for the club I grew up to love, that was sold to me through the history books and through the feats of Hughie, Wor Jackie et al, I hope the f***ing lot comes crashing down and burns to the ground so that the real Newcastle United can be reborn.

Under Ashley any rebirth will always be fleeting. See Hughton...

If Rafa stays, chances are we're doing well and we're watching a good team. That's the main thing I want. 'A club that tries'. It's obviously not going to change 8 years of wrong doings, but if moving forward we operate like a proper football club, I can live with that.

If we fail to appoint him, or if he quickly becomes disillusioned, then it's done for Ashley imo. This is the first real time in his whole time here he's made a positive move on a footballing side. If he fucks up this time, there's no way back for him and the AO campaign for example will thrive. Win-win situation for me.

Ashley leaving is an unknown and isn't going to happen.

Ashley has been here for what... 9 years. He's a very known entity. 2 relegations. 2 embarrassing court cases. A gazillion lies. The club has been degraded. Shit sponsors. SD shit everywhere. What's unknown about him?

Second point is stupid considering this is a hypothetical discussion.

Guest ElCid

What Ashley and all his cronies have done to MY Newcastle United is effectively stripped it of everything that was so important to me as a Geordie, as a fan and as a football lover and replaced it with things that mean nothing to me and never will under his ownership.

It remains Newcastle United by name only. To me the only thing he hasn't done is changed the club's name and relocated to somewhere else. He may of well done, however, because Ashley's NUFC isn't MY NUFC and never will be. Rafa or no Rafa.

The football club I grew up to support, to love, was all about hope, belief, pride and community. There is no-one at the club I have any time for other than a handful of players and Rafa and his staff. The stadium isn't St. Jame's Park anymore - its the Sports Direct Arena.

The famous black and white shirt that I would go to sleep dreaming of one day wearing isn't the shirt it once was - its a piece of tat from the SD tat emporium plastered with Wonga.

The fans are not fans anymore, they are customers there to watch a Premier League match.

I want nothing to do with it. I would be a hypocrite if I went to and continued to support what is effectively the decaying carcass of NUFC. I have no loyalties to the Premier League, the players, SJP or even the shirt. Only to the badge.

I would therefore rather watch a pub team wearing the real badge of NUFC playing in a run down 3,000 seater stadium in a pub league than watch Mike Ashley's club in the Premier League. I really would.

Rafa staying would be great for Ashley's Newcastle United, but for my Newcastle United?

The club of Hughie Gallacher, Wor Jackie, Supermac, KK, Sir Les, Shearer, Sir Bobby? 6 FA Cups, one UEFA Cup, 4 league titles and a proud history stretching back to 1882?

"Thank god we are not in Europe" - Ashley's Alan Pardew.

"Fans should celebrate tomorrow" - Ashley's Alan Pardew after narrowly avoiding relegation.

"The cups are not a priority" - the club.

2 relegations chaps, 2 f***ing relegations.

I cannot comprehend why anyone given the choice would rather keep Rafa and not see an end to Ashley. An end to Ashley gets rid of the cancer once and for all. Rafa is merely chemo.

And I love Rafa and if he does stay I'd actually want him to do well, for the future generation of fans, all the bairns that still go and all the old daft c***s who don't deserve a Championship club.

For me personally though on a selfish level as someone who longs for the club I grew up to love, that was sold to me through the history books and through the feats of Hughie, Wor Jackie et al, I hope the f***ing lot comes crashing down and burns to the ground so that the real Newcastle United can be reborn.

Under Ashley any rebirth will always be fleeting. See Hughton...

100% right I honestly don't understand how anyone can say differently but the poll fully demonstrates the split - it doesn't matter which manager you get in charge this club will never progress under Ashley.

We will NEVER do better than Rafa

There's a real inferiority complex going on within our support judging by posts like this. Expectations have been smashed to bits over the last ten years.

Says a lot that posts like this are being made, yet also concern over whether he'll take the bloody Everton job.

I like the guy a lot but he is not some cast iron degree of success. No manager is in football.