Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

He hasn't got any attributes that make you think he would be worth persisting with. He's been poor since the first game, and its not as if he has even had a lot to do during games.

Not sticking up for Sels at all but in general, I think it's often harder when keepers don't have a lot to do in games.

Goalies can look fantastic playing in a shit team, I always remember Ben Foster looking an absolute world beater when on loan at Watford from Man U. An error can be hidden by 4 or 5 great saves whereas playing in a top team you very rarely get the chance to make 4 or 5 great saves in a game.

Seriously, give up with the slagging.

It's not slagging, written nothing personal about him - he's simply not good enough and is not immune to criticsm when he makes absolute clangers nearly ever game he plays.

How many people laughed at/abused Green when he dropped a clanger the other week against us? Didn't you post something about how all 4 of our keepers are better than him? Where is the difference?

Seriously, give up with the slagging.

It's not slagging, written nothing personal about him - he's simply not good enough and is not immune to criticsm when he makes absolute clangers nearly ever game he plays.

How many people laughed at/abused Green when he dropped a clanger the other week against us? Didn't you post something about how all 4 of our keepers are better than him? Where is the difference?

got to agree  O0

Theres never any need to rest a keeper and Darlow should have been in goal, this guy is shite, Rafa needs to be ruthless to get this done, he cost us the tie simple as that.

He's not good enough currently, but there's absolutely no point throwing up the same "he's shit" argument when he's still New to this club, English football and still developing.

Darlow plays yesterday and I think we win. But that what if stuff is pointless.

Didn't David de Gea have a couple of really bad seasons at Man Utd, making numerous errors?

Not saying Sels is anywhere near as good as he is, but we're a Championship club afterall.

Sels kept four consecutive clean sheets earlier this season. Yes, huge mistake last night, but it's the type of thing you see week in, week out. Should have dealt with it better but didn't.

Darlow could have came for the corner that Blackburn scored from on Saturday too. Didn't see any criticism for him mind.

He's not good enough currently, but there's absolutely no point throwing up the same "he's s***" argument when he's still New to this club, English football and still developing.

Darlow plays yesterday and I think we win. But that what if stuff is pointless.

Think the Mitrovic thread might give you a hernia on that basis. :lol:

I agree but I think it is more than that - I've not seen a single thing from him since he joined that makes me think he is anything other than a really poor goalkeeper. The bad traits he has shown in Belgian football have been seized upon with us by other teams.

Other than one save against Brighton, I cant even recall him making any save of note. Which is pretty astonishing for a goalkeeper at this level, even factoring in the fact he is new etc. you'd expect to at least see some glimpses of raw talent.

The only positive I can think of with him, is his distribution is miles better than Darlow - but goalkeepers need to be be good at the basics of goalkeeping before that even matters.

Didn't David de Gea have a couple of really bad seasons at Man Utd, making numerous errors?

Not saying Sels is anywhere near as good as he is, but we're a Championship club afterall.

Sels kept four consecutive clean sheets earlier this season. Yes, huge mistake last night, but it's the type of thing you see week in, week out. Should have dealt with it better but didn't.

Darlow could have came for the corner that Blackburn scored from on Saturday too. Didn't see any criticism for him mind.

And there were numerous scenarios where he punched/pushed the ball directly into the path of an opposition player in those games that resulted in shots at goal that I can recall. Numerous examples of flapping at crosses and never coming off his line too. The only reason we didn't concede more with him in goal at the beginning of the season is because the quality of opposition is so much more poor.

Don't see how anyone can make excuses for him, he's looked either nervy or absolutely shit in every single game he's played since joining, he's just cost us our biggest cup game in years and despite his immensely stocky frame he's weak as piss and does not look capable of making it as a professional goalkeeper because he appears to lack all of the mental and physical attributes, which also means he can't even get the basics right.

Well, yeah, because that would be the view of an imbecile. :lol:

Well, yeah, because the cross was on the 6 yard line. :lol:

Well, yeah, because that would be the view of an imbecile. :lol:

Well, yeah, because the cross was on the 6 yard line. :lol:

You aren't seriously comparing that incident with Sels' latest flap hand moment?

Guest alijmitchell

Why are people getting so defensive? He has been pretty shite, might improve, but he seems to be getting the basics wrong. See if Gayle couldn't kick a ball with his instep, then he'd be criticised. Sels mistake last night - school level keeping tells you to palm it away. It's basic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not that fussed about Sels. He could turn out to be a very competent keeper once he finds his feet in English football, I'd just rather he didn't play important games until he has. I would much rather he'd played against Blackburn on Saturday. That's not hindsight because we lost either, we could afford to lose in the league as we had a very nice 5 point cushion at the top.

He's been poor and his mistake cost us dearly, but pinning the whole defeat on him isn't fair. The defending for the equaliser was atrocious, while Gayle had an unusual shocker up front.

It's too early to give up on Sels, he's new to the country and young, but with Elliott returning to fitness, we should be looking to get him out on loan. Let him learn and make these mistakes at another club, and see how he gets on. No need for Darlow, Elliott and Sels.

I think we needed a keeper at the time with the injuries and Krul's obvious departure. Unless you wanted another potential Jak Alnwick situation?

surely if that was the case though we could have brought in a keeper on loan rather than spunking away £5m.