Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Think the words I used was 'he didn't do much'. And he didn't. If he had scored we would have drew the match 1-1. The linesman decided he didn't score so he didn't. We don't make these decisions. Gayle had the chance to rectify it as I just said, and he failed to take it.

That's not the way the world works

It's the way football works, though  [emoji38]

Nah its not. If we score the whole game is completely different

Think the words I used was 'he didn't do much'. And he didn't. If he had scored we would have drew the match 1-1. The linesman decided he didn't score so he didn't. We don't make these decisions. Gayle had the chance to rectify it as I just said, and he failed to take it.

It's the way football works, though  :lol:

Jesus Christ you are thick.

How so, Greg?

Guest firetotheworks

That's nonsense like, your criticism is with Gayle, not the officials.

How so, Greg?

I was a bit harsh.

You don't seem to understand how football works.

He's started one game in dokeys and look fine. Scored a goal that was probably unfairly chalked off and you're focusing on him missing a good chance to berate him? Howay man :lol:

His finishing is good, that's never been an issue. Him missing one good chance isn't evidence of him being shite or that he will consistently be missing sitters.

To me, if the officials decide a goal is offside, I move on and so should the player involved. Gayle had 90 minutes to score a goal deemed legitimate, and he didn't, regardless of whether you view his goal on or offside. Therefore my original post of 'didn't do much' is perfectly valid. Because he didn't do much, did he?

To me, if the officials decide a goal is offside, I move on and so should the player involved. Gayle had 90 minutes to score a goal deemed legitimate, and he didn't, regardless of whether you view his goal on or offside. Therefore my original post of 'didn't do much' is perfectly valid. Because he didn't do much, did he?

:facepalm:

He's started one game in dokeys and look fine. Scored a goal that was probably unfairly chalked off and you're focusing on him missing a good chance to berate him? Howay man :lol:

His finishing is good, that's never been an issue. Him missing one good chance isn't evidence of him being s**** or that he will consistently be missing sitters.

Saying he "didn't do much" is hardly berating him like mate.

His finishing is good, that's never been an issue. Him missing one good chance isn't evidence of him being s**** or that he will consistently be missing sitters.

At this level, since his initial first season where he was an unknown quantity and mainly a supersub, he's not exactly pulled up many trees.

He's started one game in dokeys and look fine. Scored a goal that was probably unfairly chalked off and you're focusing on him missing a good chance to berate him? Howay man [emoji38]

Saying he's worse than Joselu is though [emoji38]

:facepalm:

Care to elaborate Greg?

He's started one game in dokeys and look fine. Scored a goal that was probably unfairly chalked off and you're focusing on him missing a good chance to berate him? Howay man [emoji38]

I prefer Joselu in the team aye, as shown today he wins things in the air and creates possession for us in the opponents half. Gayle doesn't.

You said he's our 3rd choice striker. Your whole argument is quite clearly based around criticising him too.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell. [emoji38]

So because the ref disallowed his perfectly fine goal, that means it didn't happen and it's Gayle's fault. Flawless logic. [emoji38]

I prefer Joselu in the team aye, as shown today he wins things in the air and creates possession for us in the opponents half. Gayle doesn't.

Aye but Gayle actually looks like he might score, which is the point of football

Aye but Gayle actually looks like he might score, which is the point of football

Needs a target man next to him to look at all useful though. I'd sooner see the Mitrovic/Perez partnership given a chance. There's chemistry there and they are balanced as a pairing.

Doubt we'll keep playing two up top so reverting back to 4231, Gayle becomes totally ineffective unfortunately.

Looked sharp as anything for the first 30 minutes or so then understandably got tired and completely drifted out of the game. The fact he still looked more effective than Joselu even when he barely moved is quite a damning indictment of our current strikeforce.

You said he's our 3rd choice striker. Your whole argument is quite clearly based around criticising him too.

Well yeah I am criticising him because I don't think he does enough. Same as Mitrovic, same as Joselu, same as Perez. Not sure why people are so quick to defend Gayle and not the others as much. Just reinstating some balance to the N-O  :D