New club captain

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone we haven't signed yet because all of those options are abysmal. I also think it's far more likely to be a bellend like Colback.

I really don't see how. If Rafa was that bothered about pandering to Geordie sentimentality he'd have brought carver back as a dressing room janitor. His backroom staff are mostly trusted lieutenants going back a long way regardless of their regional background. Colback has shown the leadership traits of a two day old corpse.

Playing Tiote in the Championship. [emoji38]

God forbid we played our best defensive midfielder.

I wonder what's happening with him? If he's sold then surely we must be looking at someone coming in as a replacement as Rafa didn't seem to think too much of Saivet.

We're in the Championship, man. There's absolutely no need for a player like Tiote, it just makes things easier for the opposition when we need to put them to the sword and be done with it.

As if we're talking about Cheick Tiote in 2016.

We're in the Championship, man. There's absolutely no need for a player like Tiote, it just makes things easier for the opposition when we need to put them to the sword and be done with it.

As if we're talking about Cheick Tiote in 2016.

As if you're still trolling on this forum in 2016.

:lol: What makes a good captain? I think Gini is our most exceptional player, well the only one who has the potential  to be in a small elite group of world players for his position. He's clearly intelligent. He's been playing first team football since he was 16 (or something like that). He captained PSV for two seasons, at a relatively young age, including a championship winning season. If he's captain, he's stayed, and fuck knows he deserves something for committing to a season in a lower league; this guy will have options. Don't get me wrong, I've been disappointed with him too. But, if Rafa does chuck him the armband it'll be fine by me and it may just bring the best out of him.

• 4 weeks later...

Surely Lascelles then? Started every game as captain I think.

Unless we're going to make what would constitute a very big signing between now and the end of the transfer window.

Surely Lascelles then? Started every game as captain I think.

Unless we're going to make what would constitute a very big signing between now and the end of the transfer window.

I think that's why it hasn't been 'properly confirmed' yet.

They don't want to commit just in case we make a big intent signing and give him the captaincy. If we don't, it goes to Lascelles.

Guest Robertoe

The biggest thing this list of possible candidates shows me is that the one major weakness in our squad, and this counts for last season too, is that we lack legit leaders. Guys who will lead by example, and lift the others when things aren't going well.