New club captain

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now Colo's gone there's a vacancy. Ignored those clearly going to leave, too inexperienced or otherwise obviously unsuitable.

Not only for his performances, but for his attitude at the back end of last season, I'd give it to Lascelles. And unless someone substantially better signs (or leaves), I'd make him and Mbemba the basis of our defence going forward.

Now Colo's gone there's a vacancy. Ignored those clearly going to leave, too inexperienced or otherwise obviously unsuitable.

Not only for his performances, but for his attitude at the back end of last season, I'd give it to Lascelles. And unless someone substantially better signs (or leaves), I'd make him and Mbemba the basis of our defence going forward.

I like the sentiment but surely we can find someone who has made more than 20 starts for us?

I like the sentiment but surely we can find someone who has made more than 20 starts for us?

Like who? Colback? Anita? :lol:

Like who? Colback? Anita? [emoji38]

:anguish:

I do agree with what you said regarding the future of our defence mind :thup:

If he's not on his bike, Janmaat strikes me as someone with natural leadership qualities.

Apart from when he decides to down tools every few games.

Difference between playing poorly and downing tools

Totally forgot Mbemba is only 21 btw. He and Lascelles are ridiculously young, a tough season in the Championship could really make them as a pairing.

Funny that, you'd think just looking at that young cherubic face, you'd know he was but a slip of a lad... or perhaps not... :occasion13: x loads

Without knowing a great deal about Ritchie's credentials, there isn't a captain in the squad. Lascelles is the stand-out but he's just a young lad. Maybe he will fit the bill, maybe he won't.

My only issue with Lascelles is that I don't feel like he's intended to be a starter. I think we're bound to sign a new, experienced, CB that will start next to Mbemba this season with Lascelles being the back-up option when one of those two would be injured and so on.