Lockwood Cup Sat 6th Oct 2018 10:45 (KO 11am) @Dunston Pitz

Guest neesy111

Guest Howaythetoon

Well that was good fun. Even sides, good passing football and goals galore. I even managed to get 4 myself and thought I actually played quite well for me as I feared I would play s**** and embarrass myself. Yous all seem lovely people as well, even Ian W who is now forgiven for his defence of Pardew. I think I've done some damage to my foot though, it's killing. I'm going to rest it and if it doesn't improve by tomorrow maybe a trip to the limp-in-centre. Big shout out to Sifu in goal for the Blue team and Optimistic Nut on the Reds team, outstanding 'keeping and defending I thought. My mate the 'keeper thought he was s***, but I thought he grew into the game and played well. He didn't get in til 4 this morning and was still p*ssed when I picked him up. Any more matches I'll be in if fit. Thanks all, I hope yous have a smashing day rounded off by a Toon win.  :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

He was the one that I kicked as well, the git. Nice to meet you too Jill, hopefully it was a good game to watch up there and you weren't too bored. I have to say the level was quite good and I was a bit surprised, some canny good players on show on both sides I thought.

Guest Howaythetoon

Got some canny photos which I will upload ASAP. f*** knows about the ones on Neesy's camera mind. :lol: Really entertaining for the neutral. Playing next time though...

You should!

Was a fun game that, the morning really flashed by!

Quality players on both sides which made things quite even. We should have won though... I'm prepared to admit now that going 6-1 down at the start of the game wasn't the best tactic.

Guest Howaythetoon

No way was it 17 all like surely? Yous must have lost count and decided to come up with the most unlikely final score to a football game ever... :lol:

It really was 17 all :lol: and there was actually great defending and 'keeping from both sides. Makes you wonder how the so-called pros can't manage huge scorelines...

Guest Howaythetoon

I got 2 with my right and 2 with my left and I'm sure I got the Reds' first goal so I was really happy. Someone played a lovely through ball and I latched onto it and fired in a half volley I think. I tell you what I liked about the game is how it was played, on the deck and in great spirit. It was competitive, but not nasty and there was good players on all sides with some lovely finishes and some cracking saves as well. No fancy dans (although Dan had a very good game) and no daft shots or people trying to take the piss either. I thought the Reds (my team) were the best team in the first half and the Blues were better after the break but it was a very even affair. There is some seriously good players on both sides.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nice to meet you, HTT! Hope your foot wasn't too badly affected from LFEE bullying you into going back on.

I think some context is needed here for those not privi to the conversation :lol:

Aye, I got injured kicking LFEE's studs basically with the top of my foot and not long after hobbling off unable to walk he ordered me back on which has made my injury even worse to the point I can't stand on my left foot.

Nice fella otherwise!

Guest neesy111

Has Heron been banned from the forum yet?

[emoji38] What happened?

Didn't turn up, non contactable etc.  Was supposed to be picking up 2 ppl as well.

NEEJ to the rescue.

Has Heron been banned from the forum yet?

[emoji38] What happened?

Didn't turn up, non contactable etc.  Was supposed to be picking up 2 ppl as well.

NEEJ to the rescue.

I've let him off since it was his birthday and the drive in and back was a doddle. Still needs banned though. :lol: