Lockwood Cup Sat 6th Oct 2018 10:45 (KO 11am) @Dunston Pitz

Guest neesy111

:lol: I'm so convinced by your not-botheredness.

If people are definitely going to play ball when it comes to the subs, I'm up for Option A. I'd forgotten about the lack of a third keeper tbf.

:lol: I'm not as I'd obviously have to be on one of the sides with the GK's whearas you and Neesy would gallantly take turns in goal for the team without a GK :lol:

The main thing is people turn up early and bring their money in change and have a good game & laugh :thup:

You're just putting words in my mouth now, like. Whatever, your second paragraph is of course the only matter of relevance.

I'm giddy tbh, ain't kicked a ball in ages.

Guest neesy111

This is my weekend at work so was losing money to come along but if numbers are high then I can drop out.

Don't feel you have to play. 

Guest Howaythetoon

I must warn everyone, I'm quite shit, but I do run around a lot. So is this a 2 hour game between 8 with subs?

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: HTT the sort of bloke who just turns up and goes with the flow.

I am. I did the Great North Run with no training, I thought it was 11 miles (it was 13 the bastards) and didn't even know you get a medal at the end of it. I'm a last minute person and to be honest its a good thing and a bad thing. Looking forward to meeting people off of here though and the game itself.

Guest Howaythetoon

8-a-side with subs surely? Also how about a penalty shootout at the end? We sometimes do that when the game is tied.

What's the level generally like? I ask because I don't want to embarrass myself. Fitness wise I'll be more than fine injury permitting, but I am known as someone who can either have a blinder or play absolutely fucking shit with no in between. Like I said though I'll run around.

Guest neesy111

8-a-side with subs surely? Also how about a penalty shootout at the end? We sometimes do that when the game is tied.

What's the level generally like? I ask because I don't want to embarrass myself. Fitness wise I'll be more than fine injury permitting, but I am known as someone who can either have a blinder or play absolutely fucking shit with no in between. Like I said though I'll run around.

You'll be fine.

My issue with 8 a side is you find no space on the pitch.

Guest Howaythetoon

What's the level generally like? I ask because I don't want to embarrass myself. Fitness wise I'll be more than fine injury permitting, but I am known as someone who can either have a blinder or play absolutely f***ing s*** with no in between. Like I said though I'll run around.

You'll be fine.

My issue with 8 a side is you find no space on the pitch.

We play 7-a-side every Tuesday on the West Road (old Rutherford School) and sometimes its 8 aside and although its tight, its not too bad and these I believe are smaller pitches than at the Pits?

Guest Howaythetoon

Looking forward to meeting people off of here though and the game itself.

Absolutely, will be great to get to meet you :thup:

I'll be nervous as fuck and quite shy  :blush:

Guest Howaythetoon

This is actually a bigish step for me as I'm just not into meeting people off the web or wanting to be known, but fuck it, you only live once and what harm can it do. This place is as much a part of my life as anything else given I've been a member for well over 10 years and helped set up the original N.O or HTT as it used to be back in the day. I remember your Shearer site btw, it was immense and so comprehensive!

Guest Howaythetoon

I doubt I'll be out for anything afterwards mind, wor lass works Sundays at 6am and midday I'll no doubt have work to catch up on. See how it goes though. I assume many of you guys are friends, hows about a Whats app group?

This is actually a bigish step for me as I'm just not into meeting people off the web or wanting to be known, but fuck it, you only live once and what harm can it do. This place is as much a part of my life as anything else given I've been a member for well over 10 years and helped set up the original N.O or HTT as it used to be back in the day. I remember your Shearer site btw, it was immense and so comprehensive!

People spoke to me even after Pardewgate.