Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

7 hours ago, Infatuation Junkie said:
7 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I'm going along there tonight. Nice little local Derby to put the night in.

Got a coach meeting at Newcastle little Benton academy until half eight as well so will have to check twitter for scores

Immensely frustrating evening albeit the two French (I assume going off their names, 3 and 10) lads for WA were both really good and WA were the better team first half albeit Stan battered them in the second.

Just back from Heaton Stan v West Allotment. Very Decent game. 1st half fairly even, maybe WA just shaded it but 2nd half total one way traffic heading towards the WA goal. Woodwork hit a couple of times and some herioc defending kept the score at 0-0 until Stan finally went ahead in the 83rd minute. Assumed that would be that only for West Allotment to get a corner 5 mins later which they scored from. 

1-1 FT. 2 points definitely dropped for Stan.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Immensely frustrating evening albeit the two French (I assume going off their names, 3 and 10) lads for WA were both really good and WA were the better team first half albeit Stan battered them in the second.

Thought the number 3 for WA was excellent.

12 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just back from Heaton Stan v West Allotment. Very Decent game. 1st half fairly even, maybe WA just shaded it but 2nd half total one way traffic heading towards the WA goal. Woodwork hit a couple of times and some herioc defending kept the score at 0-0 until Stan finally went ahead in the 83rd minute. Assumed that would be that only for West Allotment to get a corner 5 mins later which they scored from. 

1-1 FT. 2 points definitely dropped for Stan.

Strange isnt it, that a good sized town like Wallsend (in the hotbed of soccer) has never had a decent non-league club?

(Or have I missed something?)

2 hours ago, Jinky said:

Strange isnt it, that a good sized town like Wallsend (in the hotbed of soccer) has never had a decent non-league club?

(Or have I missed something?)

No you've not missed anything. Think there used to be Wallsend Town who played at the Barking Dog for while but don't even think they're still going.

Agree it's strange that a town of 45/50k people has never had a decent Non League team, especially when you look at many NL clubs who represent much smaller towns and villages,and have done for years.

Never occurred to me that. You’d have thought the Boys Club would have stuck an adult team on at some point. Guess Benfield is only a long throw away though.

On 01/03/2024 at 17:06, Stifler said:

Fucking ridiculous.

Honestly if fans are paying to be on some sort of board and they are not keeping up their end, then surely there is someone to report them too.

Can't report them to anyone. A law unto themselves. 

Alnwick Town absolutely woeful today against bottom of the league Killingworth who played really well, much better than their lowly status would suggest. Alnwick second best all over and couldn't capitalise on the visitors being down to 10 for probably the majority of the game with a combination of sin binning and red carding. 1-2, after initially leading.

Edited by OpenC

INSSA COMMITTEE STATEMENT TO MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS FOLLOWING OUR MEETING WITH North Shields Football Club's COMMITTEE:

On Monday 4th March INSSA's interim committee met with that of NSFC in the Robin's Nest, accompanied by Garreth Cummins of The FSA.

The tone of the meeting was cordial, introductions were made, and proposals were submitted by INSSA.

NSFC's committee declined INSSA's request to examine the finances of the club. A particular reason for this was due to competitors from rival football teams being made aware of this information. 

It was also confirmed the club has no business or continuity plan, as overheads cannot be estimated pending changes in weather and other variables. Several contradictory remarks were made when the gravity of the financial crisis was queried by INSSA.

It is incumbent upon NSFC's committee however and not INSSA's to fully inform supporters and the community of the club's financial status. INSSA lacks the authority, mechanism and resources to probe NSFC's finances.

What INSSA does not lack is a positive vision and motivation, powered by you our members, to raise as many funds as possible, ensuring every single penny spent is accounted for, allocated democratically and recorded transparently.

We continue our journey with you, our members, to make the best possible effort to guarantee NSFC's survival on your terms.

We have requested a further meeting with NSFC, to continue engaging, and build on Monday’s discussions. We will notify our members when this meeting date is arranged.

Looking likely the NSFC despite being "bust" only weeks ago aren't going to allow fan input to the running of things and the financial input that comes with it. 

Edited by BUJ

Fucking scumbags. Basically they don’t want to be caught with their pants down.

Anyone going now is just allowing it, might as well post your money directly through the chairman’s letter box.

I warmed my North Shields ST holding mate about this back before we'd even heard of COVID. It was clear what was happening.

Back in 2018 at a meeting in their clubhouse, whilst pleading poverty, 3 of their supporters offered to chuck £10k in. In return all they wanted was transparency and no say in the running of the club. Unsurprisingly the club told them they didn't want their £10k amd would struggle on.

Spoke volumes. Bunch of crooks.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

I warmed my North Shields ST holding mate about this back before we'd even heard of COVID. It was clear what was happening.

Back in 2018 at a meeting in their clubhouse, whilst pleading poverty, 3 of their supporters offered to chuck £10k in. In return all they wanted was transparency and no say in the running of the club. Unsurprisingly the club told them they didn't want their £10k amd would struggle on.

Spoke volumes. Bunch of crooks.

There was 20 local business met at the Spring Gardens. Each pledged £500 each with the sole intention of helping the club. It was made abundantly clear it wasn't a take over. 

The plan was put forward that (while riding the crest of the post Vase popularity) to ask fans to commit to a £1 a week direct debit to run alongside the £10k raised. Some of the businessmen involved probably could quite easily have put in a substantial amount more. 

They met with the committee and laid out the plan to help the club move forward and Alan Mathews quite simply said "NO!" 

And that was that. 

At present there is very little trust in the present committee - most, not all, you couldn't trust as far as you could throw them. Alan Mathews has (supposedly) stepped down but I think he's still there pulling the strings for his lackies. 

They've rode the current storm (unless the weather turns bad again) so the supporters group will need to bide their time til it goes tits up again. Crowds are about 180 after the initial upturn when they asked the locals to help them out and set a target of 1,000 fans for the first two home games. They actually got 999 but I'll take responsibility for them failing to hit their target by 1 as I wasn't in the best health and couldn't attend either or they would have got there 1k 

I get the feeling as long as Alan Mathews has a heartbeat nothing will change. Sad really. 

Apologies for the turn of phrase but Matthews is a cancer eating away at that football club. Despite what they say he's very much still involved and was seen taking in money (no card payment of course!) recently from fans who pledged to buy part season tickets and also money from matchday sponsors etc.

Feel sorry for their dwindling band of loyal fans as well. There's not even anything on the pitchbto get enthusiastic about. A real shame.

26 minutes ago, Disco said:

Gateshead v Macclesfield in the Trophy SF.

NUFC away that day, Heaton Stan away as well. I'll definitely go to this.

Excellent draw for them as well. Macclesfield will bring loads.