Queens Park Rangers 0 - 6 Newcastle United - Post :fwap: reaction from page 37

BlueStar

I still don't agree that that means you can just ignore the rest of the world. And I'm not sure that saying how well supported the lower leagues are really support your point, as as I have said, if you support a team you will go and watch them.

Pretty sure the rest of the world can watch the Premier League at 3pm, no?

Your second point simply ignores the reality of the situation. You think fans at North Shields just support them and not Newcastle?

We used to be able to watch every game, now because of your stupid laws we only get one.

I'm sure they do, and they would still go and watch North Shields even if Newcastle were on tele, is my point.

None of the laws have changed though.

Aye, they have for international audiences.

Not the ones to do with the 3pm blackout. It's a rule imposed by Ofcom, whose influence abroad is absolutely zero.

Well I don't know who or what it is, but the amount of games have gone down from every game, to two last season and now it's just one game shown at 3 pm.

At work now, so do not have time to reply to your other post, other than to say that I find your tone unnecessarily superior and head in the sand if you choose to ignore the rest of the world.

Not trying to suggest any change to the pyramid, man. If the local TV issue harms those lower league clubs, fair enough.

I just want to be able to watch Newcastle United play on TV / Streaming and am willing to pay for this in the Championship, and have gone out extra out of my pocket through the entire time I've supported this club via NUFC radio subscriptions, PPV on satellite, paying for the extra TV channels etc.  And I've always been for globalizing and allowing the worldwide supporters and football interested people access to such games. The PL on NBC has opened up the sport over here, and fair enough if you don't give a f*** about that and say the PL is whoring itself out, but whether you care about it or not, your global supporters can have an opinion on this matter too - lord knows we've been following allowing through the highs and lows too. :thup:

:thup:

The trouble is that if you start allowing clubs to provide access to matches on an ad-hoc club-by-club basis, you're getting closer to a La Liga type system where the TV money pours into specific clubs and everyone else is left with fuck all.

The Championship/Football League has tried before to provide more access to games and it took an entire TV network down with it. The demand simply isn't there even in the UK, outside of a few clubs with big enough fanbases to support it, so I suspect the one camera setup will remain for the foreseeable future.

That and the costs of doing it would out-weight the money that comes in from it.  For example if only newcastle fans had access to watching every game live, then we would have to do the setup for all away games.

It doesn't have to be fancy sky coverage with flying cameras all over the joint. There are cameras at the games already. The goals arrive on SSN within minutes during weekday games. All of this is already being done in the championship, and likely in league one and two too.

Guest neesy111

I still don't agree that that means you can just ignore the rest of the world. And I'm not sure that saying how well supported the lower leagues are really support your point, as as I have said, if you support a team you will go and watch them.

Your second point simply ignores the reality of the situation. You think fans at North Shields just support them and not Newcastle?

We used to be able to watch every game, now because of your stupid laws we only get one.

I'm sure they do, and they would still go and watch North Shields even if Newcastle were on tele, is my point.

Not the ones to do with the 3pm blackout. It's a rule imposed by Ofcom, whose influence abroad is absolutely zero.

Well I don't know who or what it is, but the amount of games have gone down from every game, to two last season and now it's just one game shown at 3 pm.

At work now, so do not have time to reply to your other post, other than to say that I find your tone unnecessarily superior and head in the sand if you choose to ignore the rest of the world.

Very unnecessary dig that.

People who haven't clicked in here must think there's an excessive amount of post match analysis going on for a single midweek game against QPR :lol: I'd say this would be thread worthy but I'm not sure what we'd get from it other than relentless circular arguments.

I also wish some better posters than me from across the pond (kanji and SEMTEX) would wake up and give me a hand here :lol:

This is a mid night wake up message, so I'm going back to sleep to leave you to fight alone.

But ultimately there is little point in arguing. You're fighting against the magical element of tradition. Its immune to criticism because people love to pretend its still 1996. No solution will work unless its exactly how it is now. No comparisons or stats can be used when tradition is in play. Plus, they're all good being nearby, and anyone outside of the city isnt relevant. Newcastle for newcastlians.

People have already admitting they could go see any 3pm premiership game because of worldwide streams, and yet haven't mentioned the fact the pyramid has not crumbled because of it.

Only a matter of time before more games are available anyway. Whether it's 3pm premier league games being streamed in England or lower league games being available through club websites or something.

Novocastrians, man. :huff:

Very unnecessary dig that.

???

I'm not sure the fact we can now stream games illegally at 3pm in the PL is equivalent to the blackout being officially removed. I think the faff of online streaming remains something that's popular amongst the kind of geeks who come on a message board but is not done by your average match going fan.

Guest neesy111

I'm not sure the fact we can now stream games illegally at 3pm in the PL is equivalent to the blackout being officially removed. I think the faff of online streaming remains something that's popular amongst the kind of geeks who come on a message board but is not done by your average match going fan.

I think that's wrong.  Most people can buy an android box for 30 quid which will do it straight for them.

Guest firetotheworks

You only need to look at televised vs non-televised attendances in the Europa Cup to see it just on a club by club basis. Televised matches tend to have lower attendences than non-televised matches. It's simply there to see.

Don't think this is hugely relevant. This is a factor of the Europa league being downplayed to fuck by everyone in involved, so no fans really gives a shit about going to the games in the first place. The early rounds of the tournament are just treated as a total after thought and the fans have reacted accordingly.

I don't see this as being hugely comparable to bread and butter games in the league. Surely the more relevant stat would be how attendances at televised premier league games have been affected. But somehow removing the # of season ticket holders.

I'm talking about two separate things though. Televised and non-televised matches in the same tournament.

I think that's wrong.  Most people can buy an android box for 30 quid which will do it straight for them.

Fair enough, maybe my dad and his mates are just especially luddite.