Our better form...

Guest thompers

Guest thompers

A lot of people have been putting our recent turn of fortunes where form is concerned down to Parker being out, to which to some extent I agree. However, has it occured to anybody else that it's probably because we're not so one dimensional attacking wise now that...

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3034/sholaaf6.jpg

is out injured?

Think it's turned out a fucking blessing in disguise, tbh!

As well as shola did at  the start of the season (yeah it wasn't GREAT but it was a hell of a lot better than he's been for ages)....i think you might be right in terms of the 1 dimensional attacking stuff....Sibierski seems to play the role that both he and shola are suited for much better...

In terms of holding up, headering, positioning...sib has bee marvellous...and because of this style...martins has begin to come into his own.

Guest thompers

I thought he had been out for longer tbh

Yeah, I think we've started to gel better as a team since he's been out and we're gradually learning how to attack teams again.

Guest thompers

No, it is all down to incresed attacking mobility in the centre of midfield and on the right flank in my opinion - something Shola isn't responsible for.

PS - Worst photoshop ever.

It would stand a chance for that title, if it was a photoshop.

Guest TheOrder

No, it is all down to incresed attacking mobility in the centre of midfield and on the right flank in my opinion - something Shola isn't responsible for.

PS - Worst photoshop ever.

Joint top score too!

It would stand a chance for that title, if it was a photoshop.

Guest thompers

Indeed Rocker, I expect someone of your intelligence to point that out. So therefore, if the team with Shola scores only 15 goals in a season but Shola scores all 15 of them, that means he's a good player, regardless of the fact that the team would score 50 goals in the same season without him playing?

Indeed Rocker, I expect someone of your intelligence to point that out. So therefore, if the team with Shola scores only 15 goals in a season but Shola scores all 15 of them, that means he's a good player, regardless of the fact that the team would score 50 goals in the same season without him playing?

:roll:

Guest thompers

:roll:

So you don't admit that scoring goals has been an issue for us recently, and you don't admit that lately, without Shola, that we've posed a bigger threat to the oppositions goal?

It's surely a combination of things, the defence is 500% better without Carr and Bramble imo. Butt is doing what Parker should be doing. Our wingers play like proper wingers and Martins/Sibi have hit some decent form together. Not to mention the fact we have Given back. He's a machine not a keeper.

It's surely a combination of things, the defence is 500% better without Carr and Bramble imo. Butt is doing what Parker should be doing. Our wingers play like proper wingers and Martins/Sibi have hit some decent form together. Not to mention the fact we have Given back. He's a machine not a keeper.

He's no sweeper keeper tbh.

There are lots of reasons for the turnaround. Dyer and Seamus among them.

what are the others?

Martins hitting a bit of form, Nobby being great at RB, Emre showing good form and Nicky Butt MOTM displays.

Confidence plays it part aswell, We are full of confidence atm and playing some good stuff.

Lets not forget the defence has been really good lately.

what are the others?

Martins hitting a bit of form, Nobby being great at RB, Emre showing good form and Nicky Butt MOTM displays.

Confidence plays it part aswell, We are full of confidence atm and playing some good stuff.

Good post. The balance of the team is much better without Parker getting in the way of Emre all the time.

I've always believed that Ameobi belongs on the beach.

Guest thompers

what are the others?

Good post. The balance of the team is much better without Parker getting in the way of Emre all the time.

I've always believed that Ameobi belongs on the beach.

:lol: Exactly, not even good enough for the bench. Stick him on the seafront :D

Guest nufcandy

Butt and Emre have been awsome in Centre mid....Shame emre is f*cked...could see a slight slump now...thought Dyer could replace emre i guess...Butt has been the Rock tbh...well done son!

a slump? surely not with chelski around the corner not one but twice!

I partly agree with Thompers in the fact that Ameobi SHOULD be a 4th choice striker but since Roeder took over he has been the first choice and that really isn't good enough for us. Saying that considering he should be a 4th choice he did well for us.

Still don't think we have improved BECAUSE he isn't playing though.