Burton Albion vs Newcastle United - 17/12/16 @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Gouffran gets far too much stick like. Yes he's limited, yes he's not that mobile etc etc, but people seem to want to exaggerate about him to articulate their disdain for him. He's fine doing what he does and it's working well for the team, he's really not that bad a footballer at this level. Some of the descriptions in here are really embarrassing tbh, he's been absolutely fine and consistent at being fine.

Could have this wrong but I think I recall him going an entire year and 35 games without scoring or assisting and he was a first team regular for most of them. No exaggeration needed

Yeah, but we're talking about now and this season in a lower league, where he's quite clearly had a positive contribution.

Gouffran gets far too much stick like. Yes he's limited, yes he's not that mobile etc etc, but people seem to want to exaggerate about him to articulate their disdain for him. He's fine doing what he does and it's working well for the team, he's really not that bad a footballer at this level. Some of the descriptions in here are really embarrassing tbh, he's been absolutely fine and consistent at being fine.

Could have this wrong but I think I recall him going an entire year and 35 games without scoring or assisting and he was a first team regular for most of them. No exaggeration needed

Yeah, but we're talking about now and this season in a lower league, where he's quite clearly had a positive contribution.

Gouffran is good in this league, no doubt about it.