Brentford 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/01/17 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Greg

Is there any point in these match threads then for non televised games then?

Not really unless someone on the match posts updated.

at*

I'm not correcting your mistakes and it's your fucking first language.

"first fucking" over "fucking first" would flow better imo

Is there any point in these match threads then for non televised games then?

Not really unless someone on the match posts updated.

at*

I'm not correcting your mistakes and it's your f***ing first language.

"first f***ing" over "f***ing first" would flow better imo

Thought about it but preferred this, didn't want to split first language.

Aye I went to Brentford about five years ago as part of a mate's stag weekend when they were still in League One. We watched the FA Cup semi final in one of the pubs then saw them play Notts County.

It's such a great little place to watch football. I'm sure their fans want promotion like all football fans do but they'd probably end up regretting it if they managed, once their owners had decided they needed to upgrade to a bland bowl five miles away.

V true. It's already happening, were drawing up plans for a new stadium. I understand why, the ground is falling apart and when its at capacity it simply can't handle the number of people, the toilets/bars/concourses come to a stand still. But it's sad because another proper traditional, old school British ground will be turned in to flats and not too many of them exist anymore. I'll miss it, especially just standing on a terrace. It's got a lot of character and no doubt the new place will be identical to all the other shit new grounds cropping up.

Proper ground Griffin park. I can understand the need for new grounds but must they really be so bland, featureless and sterile? Love the Griffin pub steggy. Spent a large chunk of my weekend in there. Very hospitable. Every steward I encountered and the turnstile operater said enjoy the game. Great weekend despite the scary 2nd half.

Proper ground Griffin park. I can understand the need for new grounds but must they really be so bland, featureless and sterile? Love the Griffin pub steggy. Spent a large chunk of my weekend in there. Very hospitable. Every steward I encountered and the turnstile operater said enjoy the game. Great weekend despite the scary 2nd half.

I was struck about how hospitable and friendly the staff were.