Modou Barrow

lovejoy

Bright and breezy in here today... I am not sure that Barrow is a good choice, but then what do I know. Most seem to believe we have a couple of positions (LW/M & CM) which if strengthened now would make us more confident about automatic promotion, myself included. Though there seems to be a bit of extreme reaction to the importance of this, IMO. Of course the 'jury is out' re promotion, I.e. it is not decided yet. However, if you look at the evidence we have to go on it would be remarkable if we did not achieve promotion (of course not impossible).

Maybe the closeness to preseason 2015/16, when it seemed obvious to quite a few in here that we needed another CB and another CF to be safe, we got neither and were relegated, stokes the frustration/worry a little, but we really should be fine as is. If we can add premiership quality, great. If not, then no panic required/indicated.

I think this is a bit different to other worries in that all stats and history of the league suggest we'll get promoted easily. Given that and the fact we need to build a new squad next season, it's more than understandable we haven't done anything in this window.

Obviously fans would always like more players, that's our job.

It sounds like Rafa sees the player as a squad player who can fill in if we have an injury crisis and promotion is threatened. Barrow doesn't seem to be better than the players we've already got, so a permanent move doesn't make any sense.

Swansea, on the other hand, need to replace the player and need a transfer fee. Impasse.

We've already signed Luciano Narsingh which I suppose is why we can lose a winger

It shows how completely Ashley & Co have lowered expectations among NUFC fans when a player who has not even been a SWANSEA regular(a team that were always in the lower leagues when I was younger)is exciting so much response and interest...

I would be quite happy if NO signings were made in this window provided I was fairly confident that we could get promoted WITHOUT the need for the Play-offs with the current squad...I am NOT especially sure the squad can do this ; they will probably face a back-log of fixtures and a deficit to make up on other Champ sides after the Cup game..esp if it goes to a replay...

Let us hope they have something concrete to work on by the time Feb 1 rolls around because any injury to Shelvey would knock us right off course.

Based on what. We've been in the top 2 since about September, we're 9 points clear of 3rd we have players coming back from injury very soon and by the start of next month we'll have 3 players returning from the African cup of nations.

I really do wonder what some of our supporters have been watching this season.

Are you seriously trying to say that the side has looked convincing without Shelvey...? If so, its you who must have been watching something different to most of us. Just because we are second in the table - on the back of an unbeaten run which happened earlier in the season - in NO way means we are guaranteed to stay there - especially if we lose players like Shelvey or Gayle. Yes, we beat a Rotherham side without Gayle but they are certainties for relegation and we struggled for the first 45 minutes to create any meaningful chances and could have gone in a goal behind.

Ever since Shelvey has been out of the side(and sometimes even with him in it)we have struggled and lost more games than most promotion sides ever do. Brighton show no signs of falling away and neither do Reading...both won earlier this week and teams like Leeds are going to keep plugging away because they know if we falter they have a chance.

Until we start playing convincing, winning football at SJP - and against better teams than Rotherham - I will retain my opinion that the jury would be out on automatic promotion if we fail to strengthen the positions we need to and lose vital players.

Jesus. :lol:

Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I was simply pointing out facts to you. Of course there is no guarantees but it would take a huge fuck up on our part to not get promoted. Try and enjoy the season pal.

Reading just lost two games in a row before winning on Tuesday, one of them at home to QPR :lol:

Guest gallows

is he better than Atsu?

You're the expert, Gallows. Is Barrow better than Atsu? Is Atsu staying?

Atsu is showing his class in Africa. he's been super

However, we did not loan him for others to enjoy.

Verdict: Send him back to Chelsea

If Swansea is letting a player go that easily, then he cannot be better than a player Chelsea has been hanging on for years

Verdict: Atsu is better