Newcastle United vs Derby County - 4/2/17 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

If there's one solid argument for Mbemba instead of Lascelles it's the former's far superior ability to bring the ball out, like. Lascelles has some good qualities but he's undoubtedly very uncomfortable in possession and it definitely puts us under unnecessary pressure at times, especially at SJP.

I rather uncomfortably noticed they were allowing him the ball in the same way teams used to mark everyone but Williamson.

Can't see us getting a win here. The players confidence looks shot, and the manager being unsettled won't help that at all. Couldn't be a better time for Derby to rock up at St James with that fucking grinning pillock McClaren.

I'd play Mbemba, Diame and Lazaar instead of Lascelles, Perez and Gouffran. But we know that won't happen.

I have no confidence in this team at all, so let's go with a Derby 2-1 win.

Lazaar? I must be missing something in the few games I have seen him.

Agree on the other two, though.

It's us, of course we're going to lose to the clueless manager who relegated us with our top class manager at the helm with much better players at his disposal, of course we're going to be 1 point away from third after the week, of course Rafa has ALREADY been undermined and of course he's going to walk away if not now but in the summer.

The writing is on the bastarding wall with these people running the club, they struck fucking oil with Rafa and despite his flaws this season was the only chance left of this club being respectable and and bringing back a slight bit of dignity, and it looks like that is due to be taken away from us again.

Feels like an absolutely huge game. In fact the next 3 look really tough on paper. If we can get out of the 3 with 7/9 points everything will be rosy again. FWIW;

Leeds: Huddersfield (a), Cardiff (h), Bristol City (h)

Reading: Ipswich (a), Barnsley (h) Brentford (h)

Brighton: Brentford (a), Burton (h), Ipswich (h)

We definitely have the toughest of all 3. Big 10 days.

I think the crowd might be up for this. I wonder if the players have got it in them to rise to the occasion though. Pivotal game of the season so far, if they can't show for this one, they shouldn't be wearing our colours.

Diame and Mbemba should come back in. Then luckily for us we will have Atsu back for the Wolves game just as Gayle will be fully fit.

Massive weekend of fixtures - Tom Ince will have a field day if we defend like last night.

Diame and Mbemba should come back in. Then luckily for us we will have Atsu back for the Wolves game just as Gayle will be fully fit.

Massive weekend of fixtures - Tom Ince will have a field day if we defend like last night.

Everything about our football was shit last night, from the back to the front, and it has been for some time now. We don't retain possession well, and rely far too much on long diagonal balls from Shelvey to the forwards.