The other games today 2017/18

Greg

palace should comfortably be top 8 with that squad. seriously underachieving.

Yet Woy would do a better job than Rafa with our squad apparently.

Their record since he came in is comfortably mid table mind.

They've been brilliant since Woy arrived though, De Boer is why they're down the bottom. Although not for long.

Indifferent, only 4 wins. Certainly not brilliant, but comfortable mid table record.

palace should comfortably be top 8 with that squad. seriously underachieving.

Yet Woy would do a better job than Rafa with our squad apparently.

go figure!

serously though - rafa would have those clowns a lot higher. a couple of decent defenders and he would be pushing top 6 with them. (WARNING!!! in my opinion only).

Look at the game stats for city's last two games  :whistle:

Exactly the point I was trying to make a page or two back. Palace will be praised by the media I'm assuming, whereas we were absolutely slated.

- City had 74% possession against Palace in comparison to 78% against us

- We had one more shot on target than Palace, whereas they had one more shot off target

- We had 228 passes in comparison to Palace's 208

Exactly the point I was trying to make a page or two back. Palace will be praised by the media I'm assuming, whereas we were absolutely slated.

- We had one more shot on target than Palace, whereas they had one more shot off target

You conveniently missed one stat though the number of shots city had on our goal compared to Palace if you’re going to try and make a comparison then do it properly

Just remember this same palace team lost the first 7 games without scoring, the same players look a much better team now, this blind notion that the way we are playing is purely down to the players is ridiculous.  I like Benitez to suggest it’s nothing to do with him is just blind abdication.

Also to suggest anyone that disagrees is ‘thick’ is positively Maoist, we are allowed to have different opinions.

Massive difference is that Palace's side is full of proven quality players compared to ours. They were clearly playing worse than their abilities and have now improved.

That proves that a manager can have significant influence on the players, if you think that Benitez has us playing near their maximum I disagree.

You conveniently missed one stat though the number of shots city had on our goal compared to Palace if you’re going to try and make a comparison then do it properly

Two more shots on target and 6 off target with a better team  :rolleyes:

They've been brilliant since Woy arrived though, De Boer is why they're down the bottom. Although not for long.

Indifferent, only 4 wins. Certainly not brilliant, but comfortable mid table record.

Ok, not brilliant. But two missed injury-time penalties from brilliant.

Two more shots on target and 6 off target with a better team  :rolleyes:

Exactly.

City goal attempts vs. Newcastle = 21

City shots on target vs. Newcastle = 6

City goal attempts vs. Palace = 15

City shots on target vs. Palace = 4

Given the fact that our squad is easily worse than theirs, I think that sits about right on paper.