The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I'd eliminate the whole idea of the ref leaving the field at any point or seeing any replays because it takes ages. It should just be an earpiece and another ref advising him if he's making a clear and obvious error. That'll eliminate the most blatant f*ck ups but not all. I think the pen was far from clear and obvious and wasted time. If Firmino had scored it and it affected the result, there'd have been a lot of complaints.

Yeah that's the thing, and why I'm for it. VAR is not competing with perfection, it's competing with a very flawed system which sees a decision made wrongly what seems like weekly in the Premier League alone. If they can make the call quick enough and communicate to the referee it's welcome imo. When the ref has to stand there waiting, before running across to the touchline to check it himself, that's not great I agree.

It’s just absolutely gash. I’d rather have the incorrect decisions then have to wait around for 3 minutes to find out what actually happened.

The reason it works in games like cricket and rugby is because they are s***, slow and boring.

And then for 40 minutes, tonight's game is dead and buried. Instead, it took until a 94th minute save before the match was decided. Swings & roundabouts, etc.

It’s just absolutely gash. I’d rather have the incorrect decisions then have to wait around for 3 minutes to find out what actually happened.

The reason it works in games like cricket and rugby is because they are s***, slow and boring.

And then for 40 minutes, tonight's game is dead and buried. Instead, it took until a 94th minute save before the match was decided. Swings & roundabouts, etc.

Eh? If the goal was allowed, it’d have been 3-1 and there is no way to determine what would have followed that. Hardly ‘dead and buried’ as the game was 3-1 at one stage anyway.

Guest neesy111

3 f***ing shots, f*** off.

Think that's one for the "What are you drinking" thread, Discman.

Fake news?

Nope, they only had 3 shots on target.