Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United - 14/04/17 - Post-match deflation from pg 26

Dave

And also so very unlucky not to be ahead here.

I loved that Gouffran could've easily gone down and gotten a free kick but instead he stayed up and created a chance. I wish there was more of that going around in football today.

Careful, that sounds like praise.

We got lucky with their shot that hit off the bar but since then they've rode their luck to go in at 0-0.

Hopefully we can do it second half, I had a bad feeling we'd lose this at the start by a sneaky goal. Scoring will be a relief if we do get one.

Guest neesy111

Does a shot have to be saved by the goalkeeper to count as being on target?

Yes.  Hitting the post is off target.

I don't think so. A defender clearing off the line would be from a shot on target for example.

I thought the same, but the stats from Sky said we'd only had one shot on target which is bollocks. Maybe it has to be stopped by the last player.

Guest firetotheworks

Pleased with most of that, Hayden and Mbemba in particular have stood out for me. Only player really annoying me if Mitrovic, who's once again hoying himself around like a royal tit holding his face etc because he can't play football. The bloke is a complete embarrassment.

He's done ok tbh, Perez has been terrible though.

It's lost on me like. I just see him trying to win free kicks and failing.

Cant wait to see Anita out of the team.

Think he's been doing great except for that poor header that led to the counter attack.

Wanna see Murphy starting the 2nd half. Seems to be having a bit more of an idea where the ball will drop than Mitro/Perez. Shame that neither of them attacked that ball going straight across their goal

Odd you chose him when the likes of Dummett, Gouffran are on the pitch

Dummett has played well today tbf, Gouff other then the shot that hit the post has been a non-entity.

Dummett has played well today tbf, Gouff other then the shot that hit the post has been a non-entity.

Dummett has done well apart from when he's had the ball. As per usual. :lol:

I don't think so. A defender clearing off the line would be from a shot on target for example.

I thought the same, but the stats from Sky said we'd only had one shot on target which is bollocks. Maybe it has to be stopped by the last player.

Must be the stats guy's off day.

When a shot goes in off a defender it's not necessarily an OG if the shot was on target anyway is another example. So the goaly is definitely not necessary.

Dummett has done well apart from when he's had the ball. As per usual. [emoji38]

That's the biggest problem with him, so terrible at actual football

Guest neesy111

Must be the stats guy's off day.

When a shot goes in off a defender it's not necessarily an OG if the shot was on target anyway is another example. So the goaly is definitely not necessary.

That's wrong.