Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United - 14/04/17 - Post-match deflation from pg 26

Dave

Big positive for me from the game was Mitro, thought he was excellent

His movement and positioning is f***ing appalling.  He hardly ever makes the correct runs that would put him in goalscoring positions.  We'd have won comfortably with a striker who cared about movement and positioning on the pitch.

We'd have definitely scored one more goal, yes. He seems to have the striking instinct of a retiring goalkeeper. He did well tonight overall, mind.

Guest firetotheworks

Leeds offered absolutely nothing like. You win some you lose some though, we've been in that position and got more than we deserved before. Absolutely ridiculous though, I can't remember a more dominant 1-0, let alone a fucking 1-1

His movement and positioning is f***ing appalling.  He hardly ever makes the correct runs that would put him in goalscoring positions.  We'd have won comfortably with a striker who cared about movement and positioning on the pitch.

You are well lost in the land of opinion there like. Don't see that at all.

Ref has to answer for the random 5 added on minutes. And the denied penalty on Mbemba. This division has been incredibly shit to us.

reffed correctly this season we would be up already tbh.

Colback had to make the foul, but he should never have got himself in a position where he had to do something like that. He's too slow and doesn't anticipate play. Complete contrast to Hayden's performance tonight.

Exactly good foul my arse he was so out of position he had to make the foul as the player had lost him. Doesn't take away the fact it was a total f*** up by Lascelles also and Diame who switched off for the runner to get the ball. For 80 minutes we were very good.

Noticed this too about Diame. Now the hell do you switch off when you've only been on the pitch like 10 minutes?

Leeds offered absolutely nothing like.

People are overlooking this.  They came to defend and that made us look better than we are.

I reckon Monk could have got 3 points if he'd been a little braver.

I've been a big critic but he did well tonight.

Guest firetotheworks

Seriously though, where the fuck did that 5 minutes come from? Are there even any suggestions? Literally nothing happened in terms of stopped play in that second half.

People are overlooking this.  They came to defend and that made us look better than we are.

Eh? Isn't that the reason for many complaints this season, that we can't break defensive teams down?

Seriously though, where the fuck did that 5 minutes come from? Are there even any suggestions? Literally nothing happened in terms of stopped play in that second half.

Only thing I can think off is the amount of corners we had, but other then that, there was nothing.

The way I see it is we could have won the game three or four nil. But we didn't take our chances, had a ton of corners and chances to score. Perez is not a number 10 and is wasted there, and Mitrovic registered 1 chance on target all game.

Shelvey played too deep. Apart from the unnecessary 5 minutes and Colbacks rash decision which he made due to Leeds breaking,We have got to take some blame for not taking plenty of chances. Fair play to Green he saved some efforts, but instead of tightening up and protecting a 1-0 we should be taking sides to the cleaners.

Eh? Isn't that the reason for many complaints this season, that we can't break defensive teams down?

Yeah, we scored 1 tonight.

Also, we looked better tonight cos a "good" team sat off us and gave us the ball.

one of the least disrupted games ever, was a credit to the ref, he kept the game going when players were throwing themselves down- so there was no stoppages :lol:

Overall the performance was top notch. Thought Hayden was fantastic, I'd forgotten how much he does for the team actually. Thought Mitro was his best self, draws defenders towards him and puts in a shift. He's not suited to how we play though and he was too static when Ritchie/Shelvey is on the ball. Overall can't complain, with the exception of a particular substitution.

Also, we looked better tonight cos a "good" team sat off us and gave us the ball.

Ah right, we didn't play well then?

I've been a big critic but he did well tonight.

Yeah he did a lot of good support stuff, but is just turd at his main job.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah right, we didn't play well then?

Remember, BD wouldn't be in here posting if we'd won.

What the fuck are you on ? The commentators were wanking silly about how open a game it was and how Leeds were taking the game to us. They were forced into a defensive set up because we were pushing them back all the time. On the evidence of the two games we've played them this season, Leeds are the most overhyped of any of the top team.