Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United - 14/04/17 - Post-match deflation from pg 26

Dave

Could have swore someone said on here earlier Lascelles 1-0. Hope you didn't have a bet on it!

It was me. I was feeling so smug too :lol:

What were the odds for that?

Haven't the faintest idea. Luckily I'm not a betting man, it would have really been a kick in the dick.

Shelley and Mitrovic time wasting for them corners didn't help us much and indeed Shelvey  could easily have been sent off when applauding his yellow for it.      The actual wasting though gave the ref an opportunity to add on so much time. 6 subs made = 3 minutes + that and the 5 minutes  then looks to be in the ball park

Plus the goal celebration.

Guest neesy111

Could have swore someone said on here earlier Lascelles 1-0. Hope you didn't have a bet on it!

It was me. I was feeling so smug too :lol:

What were the odds for that?

Haven't the faintest idea. Luckily I'm not a betting man, it would have really been a kick in the dick.

:thup:

As soon as both Ritchie and Hayden went off I felt like it was gonna be a tough ending to the game. Maybe we shouldn't have taken both off as these were and are always quite influential in their own way, especially when you compare the options, but I guess hindsight is a great thing and the game should have been won anyway if it wasn't for school boy "defending".

Guest neesy111

As soon as both Ritchie and Hayden went off I felt like it was gonna be a tough ending to the game. Maybe we shouldn't have taken both off as these were and are always quite influential in their own way, especially when you compare the options, but I guess hindsight is a great thing and the game should have been won anyway if it wasn't for school boy "defending".

Or we should had put the game out of sight.  For our domination we need to be scoring more than 1 goal.

Or we should had put the game out of sight.  For our domination we need to be scoring more than 1 goal.

I don't disagree. But it was what it was and that's the feeling I got as soon as these two went off.

well its gone and im pleased those cunts are out of town, hate leeds fans, them and Villa have been the absolute worst for throwing bottles etc from level 7.

lets move on and get it done, not long now, no panic , we will do this and another chapter begins  :naughty:

I was probably too engrossed in the game but I don't think I heard the clapping in 17 minutes in the ground last night

It doesn't happen any more unless it's a woeful game

Atmosphere was decent yesterday. In the corner at least.

I was probably too engrossed in the game but I don't think I heard the clapping in 17 minutes in the ground last night

It did happen but it only started half way through the 17th minute and it didn't last long and was very muted.

Guest neesy111

Should we have had a pel. I didn't pick up on it at the game. Was quite pissed  mind

Yeap, seen them given.

Guest palnese

Aye, it ended badly, but that performance is the best I've seen from a Newcastle side in a long time.

We played some nice football, created loads of chances and attacked in numbers. Apart from the opening minutes we bossed the game. Leeds couldn't get near us.

The lack of concentration at the end of the halves is concerning, mind.

One thing is the Hayden/Colback sub, but taking off Ritchie instead of Gouffran is a strange one.