Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 20/08/17 (post-match from p37)

Disco

Did anything come of the stamp on Hayden yet? The ref didn't see it apparently so surely it can be looked at retrospectively?

Haven't heard anything. Also haven't heard any mention of Kachunga's Kung-fu kick to the side of Mbemba's head which drew blood early in the first half.

Im still pointing the finger at Shelvey. Without doubt our best player pre season and hes f***ed us over. In hindsight I think with him on the pitch we could have had more points after 2 games.

Yep. A couple of draws, or a loss and a win, and there would be a lot more positivity. Even though we're still evidently short. Really unlucky to be without three first choice defenders too.

Huddersfield outplayed us for most of the firzt half. They were constructive and had a gameplan to get their fullbacks and wingers high up the pitch. I didn't like our lack of pressing, looked like gayle and perez were i structed to drop deep and hold instead of pressing, at least I hope thaT is why they were so lacklustre. Manquillo got skinned every time by van whateverhisname. Not impressed.

Merino in the middle had as many mistakes as positives in his debut, some dangerous lost passes didn't fare well for us. He did, however, show for the ball all the time and show confidence and positivity in his attempted play. Will take the positives over the negatives. Not close to shelvey though...

Gayle up front and perez aswell were very poor aTtacking wise, we desperately need a number 10 , diame is a phantom footballer now.

Aarons and murphy should have been on the pitch second half, ritchie and atsu had bad games. They didnt get many passes mind, ritchie dropping into defence to get the ball at times.

Defence was poor. Dummet you'Re forgiven! Lejuene come and play with clark asap! Yedlin, get better soon!

To sum up; it's a shame Rafa didnt get his targets. Somebody mentioned earlier- the players we have bought are not better than what we have... we are going to struggle!

Huddersfield outplayed us for most of the firzt half. They were constructive and had a gameplan to get their fullbacks and wingers high up the pitch. I didn't like our lack of pressing, looked like gayle and perez were i structed to drop deep and hold instead of pressing, at least I hope thaT is why they were so lacklustre. Manquillo got skinned every time by van whateverhisname. Not impressed.

Merino in the middle had as many mistakes as positives in his debut, some dangerous lost passes didn't fare well for us. He did, however, show for the ball all the time and show confidence and positivity in his attempted play. Will take the positives over the negatives. Not close to shelvey though...

Gayle up front and perez aswell were very poor aTtacking wise, we desperately need a number 10 , diame is a phantom footballer now.

Aarons and murphy should have been on the pitch second half, ritchie and atsu had bad games. They didnt get many passes mind, ritchie dropping into defence to get the ball at times.

Defence was poor. Dummet you'Re forgiven! Lejuene come and play with clark asap! Yedlin, get better soon!

To sum up; it's a shame Rafa didnt get his targets. Somebody mentioned earlier- the players we have bought are not better than what we have... we are going to struggle!

Bit in bold, utter rubbish!

Lejeune is likely to be the best CB we have, Merino is much better than Colback and Joselu is an upgrade on Mitro.

I'm fairly confident that Merino will turn out to be a more complete footballer than Shelvey and I like Shelvey.

Maybe we should get them both on the pitch.

We basically have to stop playing a #10 unless we trust De Jong or we sign someone else, so I can actually see a midfield trio happening.

Well that was a horrible weekend. Drank too much, had too much aggro. Absolutely hanging today.

aggro?

Not especially football related, some local who decided my mate was "staring at his lass's tits" on Saturday night out in Huddersfield and repeatedly tried to offer him out for a fight and some Toon fan lads who weren't happy at us bollocking them for singing daft racist shite on Sunday on the way back.  Neither ended with any punches thrown, just lots of stupid grandstanding.