Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rondon would've been on after 50 mins if it was me.

That said, there's nobody I'd change Rafa for. We're majorly punching having him here at this moment given our relative standing in world football as things stand.

Fuck Ashley.

Guest chopey

Time to speak your mind Rafa, we need this.

Again he said fuck all interesting in the presser, he really is just going through the motions now.

"Draw is the worst case scenario" -Rafa

So he wouldn't be bothered about getting knocked out? Why didn't he play his strongest team and just win then, he must have known picking that team a draw was a likely outcome, unless he was hoping for his customary 3rd round surrender

Time to speak your mind Rafa, we need this.

Again he said f*** all interesting in the presser, he really is just going through the motions now.

He has been all season ever since he put his name to that joke of a statement on the eve of the season. Ashley has done him good and proper and he won't even say boo back to him

Interesting

https://www.transfermarkt.com/rafael-benitez/spielertransfers/trainer/1522/plus/0?station_id=2386

Excluding Torres and Higuiain

Pretty crap really, tab on to us and fuck me what a load of shite. :lol:

Pretty crap? :lol:

Torres, Mascherano, Kuyt,  Alonso, Lucas, Skirtel, Reina, Agger, Arbeloa? Every manager has failures in the transfer market, its not an exact science. He signed Sterling btw

so is he like Mourinho where he’ll only do well with a team of superstars?

Interesting

https://www.transfermarkt.com/rafael-benitez/spielertransfers/trainer/1522/plus/0?station_id=2386

Of the 7 most expensive he signed for Napoli, 4 are in their first team now, 2 were sold for absolutely massive profits and 1 was sold for a decent profit :lol:

Guest covmag

Interesting

Of the 7 most expensive he signed for Napoli, 4 are in their first team now, 2 were sold for absolutely massive profits and 1 was sold for a decent profit :lol:

And ours ?

Ashley's blown 10 identical holes in the hull and people are nitpicking over how much was spent by Rafa trying to plug the 4 he could afford to, or that they weren't the right ones. We're sinking anyway mate but it seems more useful to question who put those holes there in the first place.

Interesting

And ours ?

A mixed bag of those who did well in the championship, a few good centre halves and some utter shit. You shouldn't have brought Torres and Higuain into it if you just wanted us to look at our signings though :lol:

Interesting

Not only are you completely wrong about his Liverpool signings, have you even bothered to see who he signed for Napoli? Do some research ffs.

Rafa took a title winning Napoli side and got them to 5th , spending fortunes.

Did you think he did a good job there?

When did Napoli win the title?

Interesting

Not only are you completely wrong about his Liverpool signings, have you even bothered to see who he signed for Napoli? Do some research ffs.

Rafa took a title winning Napoli side and got them to 5th , spending fortunes.

Did you think he did a good job there?

Napoli haven't won the title since Maradona was there :lol:

Please read this covmag:

Disagreeing with Rafa's tactics (I do too a lot of the time) is fine, even wanting him out is fine but if you spout lies and half truths you're going to get called out on it. Its not some agenda by big bad N-O

Like all managers he signed some duffers but he wins trophies if he's given the tools, and right now he's trying to dig a tunnel to France with his bare hands.  He is a fairly defensive manager, not sure why that's a surprise that's how he's always been, maybe defensive is the wrong word, cautious is probably better. But better player in his chosen system brings better football and better results.

Aye sometimes he gets it wrong, again what manager doesn't, yet with the money he's been given or should that be money he's been denied ? He's gone beyond what i would have thought he could with this lot. He's not faultless but only one man is to blame for the shambles that we call our club now.