Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest neesy111

The way we were so deep today man. I think his time here's broke him. He's stuck in that way now.

Yeap, was zero need for that.

:lol: We came out pushing high and creating chances. The game turned into a slog because the players forgot how to control the football and/or pass it to a teammate and/or kick the ball with conviction towards the target. And we were only deep because Blackburn played a high line (did you miss the 400 "get up!"s from Mowbray on the touchline? Teams can afford to play a high line against us when you've got utterly, utterly wank attackers.

Guest alijmitchell

Well, I 100% back Rafa, but I will say that he does look a bit out of ideas. I guess the shit just keeps piling up for him. The uncertainty around the club cannot be helping with confidence. We look absolutely shot.

Guest neesy111

:lol: We came out pushing high and creating chances. The game turned into a slog because the players forgot how to control the football and/or pass it to a teammate and/or kick the ball with conviction towards the target. And we were only deep because Blackburn played a high line (did you miss the 400 "get up!"s from Mowbray on the touchline? Teams can afford to play a high line against us when you've got utterly, utterly wank attackers.

What chances?

What chances?

I think we had five shots to their one after about twenty minutes. Joselu's was the first, from a corner which the keeper parried away, the second main one also falling to Joselu after Ritchie's initial effort.

The squad is horseshit and his supernatural powers to get them playing above themselves has faded as it always would a bit. He does deserve some flack for negativity but I think many are deluded as to the true quality of the squad. A disrupted defence this season hasn't helped with some players losing form badly. For the record I back Rafa 100% regardless. He will get the team playing as well as they can do at some point, it may be too late but whatever.

What chances?

Had the ball in good areas but it's hard to create an actual chance when no one can pass the ball past the first man.

Guest neesy111

What chances?

I think we had five shots to their one after about twenty minutes. Joselu's was the first, from a corner which the keeper parried away, the second main one also falling to Joselu after Ritchie's initial effort.

No we didn't have that many.

Well, I 100% back Rafa, but I will say that he does look a bit out of ideas. I guess the shit just keeps piling up for him. The uncertainty around the club cannot be helping with confidence. We look absolutely shot.

Agree with this. We’ve broke him. The squad he’s got he has them so drilled to do enough to stay in the league that I don’t think the players have a clue what to do when it comes to attacking. Shame.

What chances?

No we didn't have that many.

We definitely had 4 anyway, can't remember a 5th. Lejeune's one that left the atmosphere, Joselu's overhead kick, Ritchie's shot and Joselu's rebound

Guest covmag

Rafa's still the man but has to take some responsibility for that turgid shite.

Wrong, he can do no wrong, never ever is it his fault @kidicarus  O0

Guest reefatoon

Why it took 80 minutes to throw another body up top is baffling. Then when we did, we scored, go figure. It was a shit championship clogger team yet we still went in to it with the worst fucking striker we have had up there on his own for most of the game. Seems shit scared of trying a gamble at home. It’s the cup, you need to gamble if you want to progress. Love him as our manager for away games, but equally hate his set up for home games. It doesn’t work, but we just carry on regardless.

Guest firetotheworks

Laughing at the risible suggestion that Sam Allardyce would do a better job is saying he can do no wrong and it's never his fault now? :lol: I swear down all these newish posters are all part of the same circular family tree like.