Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Always enjoy reading balanced opinion from other clubs forums.

Here's Rangers take on it;

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rafa-benitez-releases-statement-after-leaving-newcastle-united.80288/

No they are not like us, they accept an owner who is using their club as a vessel to sell sports goods!

In our times of trouble we rallied together against the spivs, thats why we are an Institution and NUFC are a football club.

Summed up pretty well

Aye, the amount of comments I seen calling LMG embarrassing and had 'took it too far' by going to Ashleys house as they were 'crossing the line into his personal life' was fucking infuriating yesterday.

It's exactly why we can't rally together.

Always enjoy reading balanced opinion from other clubs forums.

Here's Rangers take on it;

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rafa-benitez-releases-statement-after-leaving-newcastle-united.80288/

No they are not like us, they accept an owner who is using their club as a vessel to sell sports goods!

In our times of trouble we rallied together against the spivs, thats why we are an Institution and NUFC are a football club.

Summed up pretty well

Nail

------

Head

Dignified personified as always. What a man, I'm glad he's free now. He will be winning a trophy soon enough and I expect to be both chuffed to bits for him and numb of would should have been. I've said since we got relegated he will win something for us, could feel it would happen only for the fucking owner to deliberately screw his own asset man  :lol: mental.

How are Rangers an "institution"? No one gives a fuck about them outside of the SPL. Honestly the arrogance of supporting the equivalent of league 1 upper football at most and acting like its any way comparable to PL or us is laughable to me. Fuck Ashley but fuck Rangers too

I think you're concentrating on the wrong part of that quote tbh. You could quite easily swap out the wording used to describe the clubs but what he's saying about the difference between them and us could not be more spot on

How are Rangers an "institution"? No one gives a fuck about them outside of the SPL. Honestly the arrogance of supporting the equivalent of league 1 upper football at most and acting like its any way comparable to PL or us is laughable to me. Fuck Ashley but fuck Rangers too

Religion. Religion is your answer

Where was rangers rallying together pre Craig white & Ashley. It took for their club to die before they did anything about it. Something they convieniently forget

"those at the top of the club"

Nice kidney punch at Charnley there, roping him in with Ashley.

There is no-one at the top of this club they're all at the bottom hanging on to the anchor chains

Where was rangers rallying together pre Craig white & Ashley. It took for their club to die before they did anything about it. Something they convieniently forget

Exactly, I don't mind us criticizing our fans but they can get to fuck imo

Fuck me, we are beyond help!

I’ve seen people on twitter already arguing against a boycott like, the whole situation is fucked. I’ve literally said this a million times but Ashley could come out on the pitch, wipe his arse with a toon shirt, call everyone’s mother a cunt, tell the crowd he hates them and hopes they all die, and tell them they are are cunts if they give him any money and there would still be a fair amount of people who would say “well I’ll be here long after Ashley like I’m still going”

O0

The 50,000 that pay to go into the stadium every fortnight are the visible and major part of the problem because they continue to fund the Ashley regime. There may be 2 million of us fans who won't put any money into the club but the 50,000 sheep are the ones Ashley knows he can rip the piss out of and they will continue to bankroll him. Meanwhile our live broadcast games show a full stadium and that keep the pressure from truly piling on.

What the Rangers guys are saying in their statement is that they banded together to deal with the problem. Forget the semantics of the statement, underlying arrogance or timings of their action. When it came down to it they all came together to deal with the problem and made it so uncomfortable for Ashley that he moved on (to a degree). That's what i get when i read that statement. I don't give a fuck what Rangers think they are or what level they play at, they did something that we won't do and it worked. They can see that we're not prepared to do the same and are commenting on it. I don't see the problem.

I’ve seen people on twitter already arguing against a boycott like, the whole situation is fucked. I’ve literally said this a million times but Ashley could come out on the pitch, wipe his arse with a toon shirt, call everyone’s mother a cunt, tell the crowd he hates them and hopes they all die, and tell them they are are cunts if they give him any money and there would still be a fair amount of people who would say “well I’ll be here long after Ashley like I’m still going”

O0

The 50,000 that pay to go into the stadium every fortnight are the visible and major part of the problem because they continue to fund the Ashley regime. There may be 2 million of us fans who won't put any money into the club but the 50,000 sheep are the ones Ashley knows he can rip the piss out of and they will continue to bankroll him. Meanwhile our live broadcast games show a full stadium and that keep the pressure from truly piling on.

What the Rangers guys are saying in their statement is that they banded together to deal with the problem. Forget the semantics of the statement, underlying arrogance or timings of their action. When it came down to it they all came together to deal with the problem and made it so uncomfortable for Ashley that he moved on (to a degree). That's what i get when i read that statement. I don't give a fuck what Rangers think they are or what level they play at, they did something that we won't do and it worked. They can see that we're not prepared to do the same and are commenting on it. I don't see the problem.

I get what Rangers fans are saying. The main thing a lot of people, them and yourself included aren’t understanding is it was a lot easier for rangers as their fans started to emobolise as they were relegated to the 4th tier.

Would they have a successful boycott if they tried to start in premier league? would they fuck.

Would we have 50k every week if we were in league 2? Would we fuck.

Also, by the way, Certain Rangers still sold out their games v Celtic. Funny that

Ashley: "I will only sell to a party that can take the club forward".

Gets rid of a manager that could have taken the club forward.

Bout time someone in the press did a thorough hatchet job on Ashley, all the lies and contradictions are there for anyone to see.

Titan Sports Plus

Dalian Yifang officially announced that Choi Kang-hee resigned today from the head coach position due to 'personal reasons'. Under Choi Kang-hee, Dalian ranked at 10th in CSL with 17 pts in 15 matches after the 1st-half season. It has been rumored Dalian is chasing Rafa Benitez.

Titan Sports Plus

According to some reliable sources, Dalian Yifang will announce the appointment of Rafa Benitez as the head coach in a press conference held at 2:00 pm (7:00 am GBP time) tomorrow. Dalian Yifang, backed by Wang Jianlin's Wanda Group, parted with Korean coach Choi Kang-hee today.

Hmm.

Obviously money is great, but I thought Rafa was above all this tbh.

He's competing amongst nobodies, with an uninteresting project far away from his family.

If he waits a bit, he'll land a huge European job.

Would rather he went there than another PL club. Just be prepared for ‘he left for the money’ propaganda from Keys, wise, Rio and co

I’m happy it’s done quickly too so that even if we do get taken over we’re not hoping he’ll make a return.

Would rather he went there than another PL club. Just be prepared for ‘he left for the money’ propaganda from Keys, wise, Rio and co

I’d be a bit disappointed as he said he wanted a “Project”.

World Club Cup Champions 2021.

Doesn’t definitely mean he’ll go there. He may turn them down.

I wouldn’t begrudge him a relaxing high paid job for a year after the shit he’s had to deal with here over last 3 years

Guest poor

sadly the sort of move that will give all the dolts the excuses they need to vindicate ashley and the club for failing to keep him. theyll say he was in it for the money.

its a crying shame that he might end up over there