Burnley vs. Newcastle United - 30/10/17 @ 8pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

What decade is that kind of architecture from 60's?

Looks to me product of the New Town Act, so late 40's and throughout the 50's. There's a lot similar to it up and down the country but I find the one Altamullan posted particularly interesting with the staircase leading up to the two floors above the pub itself and that bit sticking out on the left hand side. Interesting design which I find quite beautiful tbh.

Looks walking distance from Ancoats which is the area of Manchester I'm most familiar with, so I'm going to get there sometime and photograph it. They're obsessed knocking 'ugly' architecture like this down at the moment, so I'm experiencing and collecting as much imagery of them as I can.

Guest neesy111

Don't know what channel its on but Andy Townsend and Owen Hargreaves are on my stream and surprisingly pretty decent

They'll be better than Sky's absolute shite.

And the f***ing food menu is a faux broadsheet newspaper. f*** off.

But I did watch us beat Brighton last season in here.

HeHe. Which pub Greg?

The Clarendon, Leamington Spa. Apparently this happened months ago but I’ve not been in for a while.

Bit nicer than The Clarenden near me!

That looks like a mix of a 70's council house, a social club and a rundown school :lol:

It looks very welcoming. Like the Cheers bar.

Les says thank you 😊

220px-Les_Dawson.jpg

Looks to me product of the New Town Act, so late 40's and throughout the 50's. There's a lot similar to it up and down the country but I find the one Altamullan posted particularly interesting with the staircase leading up to the two floors above the pub itself and that bit sticking out on the left hand side. Interesting design which I find quite beautiful tbh.

Looks walking distance from Ancoats which is the area of Manchester I'm most familiar with, so I'm going to get there sometime and photograph it. They're obsessed knocking 'ugly' architecture like this down at the moment, so I'm experiencing and collecting as much imagery of them as I can.

Can't help wondering what your lass looks like!

Can't help wondering what your lass looks like!

:lol:

Nowt wrong with loving architecture man.