Burnley vs. Newcastle United - 30/10/17 @ 8pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Gary Neville on Newcastle v Burnley.

"Hard-fought, hard-working teams both fighting for points. I think that we always cry out for entertainment but we’re always critical of teams who don’t defend well. If you look at what Rafa Benitez is doing at Newcastle, if you look at Dyche’s teams, they are very difficult to beat. They work so hard."

"We should be respectful of the type of game we’re going to see tonight, we might not see lots and lots of goals but there’ll be two teams who understand the importance of not going a goal behind."

"We had Sam Allardyce a couple of weeks ago telling us the blueprint to survive and these two teams are about survival. They can’t have any other aspirations of the Champions League and Europa League, they have to try and stay in the league and build foundations."

Neville thinks that defending is coming back into fashion:

"Over the last four or five years we’ve seen lots of really entertaining games. Probably too much, if that makes sense. We want more goals but we also want games where teams have to fight to score."

"I thought football had changed completely a few years ago: we had full-backs playing as wingers, there seemed to be a thing of not chasing back but what I think we’re seeing this season - not just at the bottom but at the top - teams defending better. We’re seeing teams being difficult to score against."

Guest firetotheworks

I get what he means tbh. I enjoy watching teams that defend well, but I think that often gets confused with liking teams that park the bus and are all backs to the wall. There's definitely something enjoyable about watching Atletico Madrid when they're at their best. It's never ever going to be on the same level of enjoyment as peak-Barca or anything, but there's definitely a lot to enjoy about it.

I get what he means tbh. I enjoy watching teams that defend well, but I think that often gets confused with liking teams that park the bus and are all backs to the wall. There's definitely something enjoyable about watching Atletico Madrid when they're at their best. It's never ever going to be on the same level of enjoyment as peak-Barca or anything, but there's definitely a lot to enjoy about it.

As Jamie Carrager says, "nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville".

1-2

Joselu header and a late Murphy substitute goal

You couldn't have picked two more unlikely goalscorers.

I know. They both have a point to prove, Joselu desperately needs another goal and Murphy (if he gets a chance) will be busting to get back into the team and make an impression......so Rafa may need some speedy legs on for Atsu late in the game

So aye, about a 5% chance of pulling this prediction off :D

What time does the pre-game talk start on Sky? 7pm?

Aye, first 30 minutes is usually analysing something from over the weekend - the latter 30 will be about our game.

Discussing Man Utd and Mourinho’s masterclass for 57 minutes...

‘And now over to Turf Moor’