Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The next step in things that now wouldn't surprise me is Ashley sacking Rafa.

Might even be for the best at this point. There's be no going back after that you think rather than the boiled frog thing we have going on at the moment.

He'd love to do that if he wasn't also a massive coward. He knows Rafa is the best chance of keeping us up, and he wouldn't want to risk sparking a fan backlash. He absolutely hates Rafa's guts though.

Guest firetotheworks

He wouldn't fucking dare.

Would he? :lol:

At this point that sort of looking a gift horse in the mouth insanity is pretty much expected from him.

I was watching a documentary about Robert Maxwell and how he was almost certainly a psychopath.

There is a misconception that a psychopath is someone violent or crazy etc but in actual fact a psychopath can exist in other forms and use those traits to work themselves right to the top of the business world.

The criteria applied to Robert Maxwell could well be applied to the media portrayal of Ashley.

A recent survey in America found that 1 in 5 CEOs could be classed as a psychopath. A proportion comparable to prison populations. About 10 times as common as general population. So guess I am saying it’s not uncommon amongst highly successful business ‘sharks’.

He wouldn't fucking dare.

If he genuinely wants to sell the club, he probably recognises the asset in Rafa. If he isn't interested in selling the club, I've no doubt he'd sack Rafa. He's expensive and dissents too much. The antithesis of Pardew.

I was watching a documentary about Robert Maxwell and how he was almost certainly a psychopath.

There is a misconception that a psychopath is someone violent or crazy etc but in actual fact a psychopath can exist in other forms and use those traits to work themselves right to the top of the business world.

The criteria applied to Robert Maxwell could well be applied to the media portrayal of Ashley.

A recent survey in America found that 1 in 5 CEOs could be classed as a psychopath. A proportion comparable to prison populations. About 10 times as common as general population. So guess I am saying it’s not uncommon amongst highly successful business ‘sharks’.

Sharks you say? Donald!!!!!

He wouldn't f***ing dare.

If he genuinely wants to sell the club, he probably recognises the asset in Rafa. If he isn't interested in selling the club, I've no doubt he'd sack Rafa. He's expensive and dissents too much. The antithesis of Pardew.

Him still being here is a positive then.

PCP just need to sit tight until we are safe. They can then put in a revised bid without need of relegation clauses.

Ashley has to sell then, otherwise he will lose Rafa (a key element in PCPs interest in the first place). He will loose a section of the home support going to games next season (numbers anyones guess). And he will own a club that could easily end up following in ******lands footsteps.

If we manage to clamber to safety Ashley will almost certainly up his asking price. He will not give a f*** about losing Rafa, or what would be a small section of the support. He'll pocket as much of the premier league money as he can, bring in another yes-man manager and continue gambling on survival with as little investment as possible.

he's ran out of yes men and gambling. If he doesn't sell he has killed the club and will never get anything like he can possibly get for it in the next 6 months ever again.

It's plain to see to anyone looking that we have finally got a possible buyer who is open with their future plans for the club, and has only been held back from giving fatty his current price due to his tight arsed mis-management of the club, hence the need for clauses.

If we are safe from relegation later in the season and PCP decide to match his offer, and he ups it to £400 million due to potential TV deals, who's to say that PCP won't say OK then, here you go?

If that were the case the deal would've been done already.

I thought Ashley would have realised that it was his best and last chance to get out, I though he was just trying to squeeze all he could out of PCP, knowing he'd have to sell before January or face potentially being completely stuck with us. His ego is clearly more important to him than what happens with the club, he probably feels that he was fucked over when he bought the club and he won't sell unless he feels he has fucked over the new owners.

So we've finally got the right manager for this club, one that could very feasibly win us a trophy given time and resources, or even get us back in Europe.

We have people wanting to buy the club who recognise this as a very crucial part of their vision.

And we have Mike Ashley in the middle [emoji38]

What an absolute cunt the man is.

Guest firetotheworks

It'a the ultimate Mike Ashley power play. After turning down the offer he'll have belted Goodbye Horses out his speakers and done a Buffalo Bill in the mirror.

:lol: Poignant.

he probably feels that he was fucked over when he bought the club and he won't sell unless he feels he has fucked over the new owners.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here (whether this fuckwit is conscious of it or not). He still has his price though, and as long as the pathetic gimp thinks he’s won, there’s a chance of getting the club out of his hands.

We just need PCP to keep focused on the prize, and get the last laugh.

Guest firetotheworks

There you go, definitely over, no matter what.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfer-news-live-14175149

Ashley will not sell to Staveley. There is now no room for negotiation as far as the Newcastle owner is concerned. He has become increasingly annoyed by her tactics, which included turning up at a London curry house when he was out with his wife and then being photographed as she left.

Sack Rafa :lol: that would cost money

It also wouldn't really matter, as Rafa would just have to not take another job and wait for PCP to hire him if they buy us.

It would matter PCP have stated that no Rafa, no future deal.

The club is worth nowhere near as much if... A, we get relegated. B, Rafa leaves. C, both.

As for the TV deal that isn't relevant we have to be in the premier league at the end of the season it comes into effect. Those 3 offers aren't good enough, to many variables Nuke Ashley won't accept. Staveley has to bid at least £300m straight up.